Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Just buy an external hard drive to put all the rest of your stuff in. Terabyte drives are cheap these days. The important part is that your operating system is on the SSD, IMO. Just try to get a USB 3.0 hard drive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockweiler View Post
    a 60gb SSD just is not reasonable nowadays with a modern windows 7 install, move program files off? move temp folder off? move wow files off? lol why buy an SSD drive and then have your OS spin up your damn mechanical drive with some of the folders it will use the most. utter fail
    WoW is an unusually big individual piece of software. A 60gb SSD can easily hold Windows + most standard software configurations, such as company office ones. Its easily sufficient for server/HTPC system uses as well.

And if you use e.g. Linux - then filling a 60gb drive with software alone would be quite a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockweiler View Post
    This is why a 60gb SSD is completely hopeless, they should never have released them but they are basically bait to get people buying them and liking the speed

a 60gb SSD just is not reasonable nowadays with a modern windows 7 install, move program files off? move temp folder off? move wow files off? lol why buy an SSD drive and then have your OS spin up your damn mechanical drive with some of the folders it will use the most. utter fail
    I've moved/linked no folders off of my 60GB SSD, and I still have 20+GiB to spare after wow/win7. 60GB is perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Weird. I have Wow, programmes and Win7, while I clearly have 20+GiB space left over. :P
    Do you video edit or something? Why so many terabyte drives?