Deleted

Bought new Graphics Card and need halp:

After buying new pc, it turned out it had shitty integrated card, so I got myself a new one which is

ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
    Yet, I can't seem to make it work. I plugged the card, plugged its cord into power supply, and launched. Fan is working (it's reaaally loud), and it also has red lights (good lights I guess). However, the card itself is damn dead. Plugging monitor into its extension results in black screen. Drivers for the card cannot find the card. Device manager or dxdiag also show zero signs of the card.

Current PC specs:

Intel Core i3 550
    Mainboard - Foxconn H55MXV-LE
    4GB RAM, and integrated card runs on 1gb memory.

Halp!

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, when did you buy all of this...?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That is an old video card dude.

Make sure you have the 6 PIN PCI-E power connector plugged in. Should it not be plugged in that is your reason why the video card isn't being seen or recognized.

Deleted
    Bought new pc week ago. Card today, but card is used one. And whatahell is that power connector? I'm not that good when it comes to cords and stuff, well, and inside of PC's in general

Make sure that your motherboard is set to route all video through your PCIE slot and not the onboard video. You will need to go into bios to make this change.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by linamus View Post
    Bought new pc week ago. Card today, but card is used one. And whatahell is that power connector? I'm not that good when it comes to cords and stuff, well, and inside of PC's in general
    Hope all that didn't cost you much, old stuff. Anyways, your power supply 'hopefully' has a a connection like the right side of this picture

Otherwise you'll need an adapter.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    Okay any info how do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by linamus View Post
    This is what he is talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Hope all that didn't cost you much, old stuff. Anyways, your power supply 'hopefully' has a a connection like the right side of this picture

Otherwise you'll need an adapter.
    Yes one black end goes to card, two white ends go to power supply. Yes thats online

---------- Post added 2011-09-01 at 12:15 PM ----------

Well what my colleagues have suggested, is that my 500w PSU is not powerful enough to power both the card and motherboard. Toughts?