Thread: So Bastion...

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So Bastion...

Just downloaded this for 15 bucks off of Steam and wow...what a fantastic game. Anyone else play it yet? Easily a 9 or 9.5. Pleasant surprise for me since I was losing my mind looking for a decent game to play.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, but I'm not all the way through either. It definitely is worth the purchase, and really I'd say the narration makes it worth it all by itself. It's mostly a fun hack with story, and has a ton of atmosphere. Good fun, worth a try for sure.

Deleted
    I really liked it! It's very different from what I usually play.. and well..
    The narrators voice is just.. wow.. I wish I had a voice like that.
    Also, that he comments on stuff you do, weapons you choose etc. Is a nice feature, small, but it really suprised me in a good way.

Tried the demo. It looks good, feels smooth and seems to be some challenge in it, but it didn't really capture my interest. So, not really my kind of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the first game to come along in years that didn't skimp on a single aspect of the genre it represented. Had very fun and fast gameplay, upgrade system, minigames, a powerful storyline, amazing characters, flawless OST, brilliant narration and it did all of this without 15 minute cutscenes or annoying gimmick boss fights.

9.5/10 easily.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

game is fucking brilliant
    N

Its more like a 7 or 8 imo. It just doesn't quite click for me like it has for others. I love the story telling mechanic but intensely dislike some aspects of the combat which have largely marred the experience for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    game is fucking brilliant
    Easily in my top 3 games for the year. It's very rare that a single player game warrants a second play through from me these days, Bastion is one of those games. I'll probably play through it many times.

Just downloaded this for 15 bucks off of Steam and wow...what a fantastic game. Anyone else play it yet? Easily a 9 or 9.5. Pleasant surprise for me since I was losing my mind looking for a decent game to play.
    Also, out of interest, if you have "just downloaded" this game, how can you make a final judgement that it is "easily" a 9 or 9.5. You have no idea of the longevity, whether it has staying power for you or anything else. Don't want to pick nits, and everyone is entitled to their opinion but... hmm I don't think you should make wild judgements about a game's quality until you've finished it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad to see some of these reviews, I was really considering picking it up, i will most definitely be picking it up now.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Definately worth it for the $15 US that it costs. It's a great little game that is surprisingly fun for a basic game. And then environment is quite nice to look at as well.

just felt like trying it out after reading this thread, and really really enjoying it even if im not into this genre
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hlight=bastion

Use the search function in the future? I found 6 threads about this game already in <20 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completed the game, had a lot of fun, doing a new game plus now.
    "The truth, my goal."

Playing through it for the first time atm. It's a good game so far but I think that it was hyped up too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelyor View Post
    Also, out of interest, if you have "just downloaded" this game, how can you make a final judgement that it is "easily" a 9 or 9.5. You have no idea of the longevity, whether it has staying power for you or anything else. Don't want to pick nits, and everyone is entitled to their opinion but... hmm I don't think you should make wild judgements about a game's quality until you've finished it.
    Okay by 'Just Downloaded' I meant, recently downloaded. I've played around 3 hours if you need to nitpick and I can tell if a game is shit within the first 4 minutes or less. Take Bioshock for instance. I knew within the first 2 minutes of swimming in the ocean after the plane crash that it was going to be a stupid good game. Then take Hellgate: London. Bugs, graphic glitches, horrid gameplay, stats that made no sense...I knew within 5 minutes I wouldn't enjoy it.

I got the demo and will most likely buy the full version after my exams.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

I'm playing the full game right now, and I totally love it. Awesome storytelling + fun combat system + beautiful graphics + MUSIC = BASTION.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone mind telling me how big the download was? The ISP's in Australia are stingy bastards...

Quote Originally Posted by Berteh View Post
    Anyone mind telling me how big the download was? The ISP's in Australia are stingy bastards...
    The download is 841.3mb on Steam.