Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    I saw this statement and I went to check some data on it and this is what I found on wowprogress.com Heroic modes down: Shannox 26.66% of guilds Beth 4.86% Rhyo 14.03% Alys 6.94% Baleroc 4.79% Majordomo 7.14% Rag 0.16% Now I am not a math major but those percentages are pretty low IMO. lol Heroic Rag at 0.16% really? No longer elite huh? ROFL All but 2 fights have far less than 10% of the pop being able to down them and you call that "no longer felt elite" Drugs are bad for your brain and you should stop doing them sir!
    I don't want to put words in your mouth, but you're a newer player aren't you? Those percentages are insanely high compared to Vanilla/BC when about 1% of the Population raided. Those don't even include normal mode which are probably 3-4 times higher which is insane compared to Vanilla/BC. The content is still new and those numbers will only continue to climb. If you had been playing back before they opened raiding up to everyone, you would know exactly what he's talking about. Raid progression was earned and boy did it feel good to know that you accomplished something that only ~1% of the players have. Hell just getting a solid 40 man together and progressing was an accomplishment.

This is all very exciting! Can't wait to see what happens...maybe I'll even resub..

Quote Originally Posted by Dremorus View Post
    I thought it was Gameplay > Graphics??? Or am I wrong here?
    that's correct. gampleay is ALWAYS more important than graphics. as long as d3 gameplay is good, i can forgive them for crap graphics.

besides, i think they made the graphics like that on purpose, the world is supposed to be in chaos afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bound4Earth View Post
    Raid progression was earned and boy did it feel good to know that you accomplished something that only ~1% of the players have. Hell just getting a solid 40 man together and progressing was an accomplishment.
    The game was different then. And less people played it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegos View Post
    The game was different then. And less people played it.
    Daaamn, didn't expect someone to call it out so bluntly and brutally, but that's the complete truth!

Deleted
    It is going to be fucking awesome flying deathwing!!!

Deleted
    I don't want to put words in your mouth, but you're a newer player aren't you? Those percentages are insanely high compared to Vanilla/BC when about 1% of the Population raided. Those don't even include normal mode which are probably 3-4 times higher which is insane compared to Vanilla/BC. The content is still new and those numbers will only continue to climb. If you had been playing back before they opened raiding up to everyone, you would know exactly what he's talking about. Raid progression was earned and boy did it feel good to know that you accomplished something that only ~1% of the players have. Hell just getting a solid 40 man together and progressing was an accomplishment.

Let me understand: a game in which 1% of playing people have completed raid content is good?

So someone was playing only to be in that 1%...my god. That's ridicolous.

Deleted
    Player created content?? What?? A MMO with player created content? Now that's something I would really be looking forward to.

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Also from Wowprogress: H: Sinestra: 1263 (1.85%). More than 98% of ranked guilds still haven't killed the last boss of the previous raid tier.

There are world first and region first races for the best pve guilds.
    There are realm firsts and meta-achievements to recognise slighter lower (but still impressive) achievement.
    There's a Heroic only boss that most raid guilds won't ever even go near.

They make plenty of additional content for the top 1000 or so guilds with plenty of ways to show off raiding achievement it's just that they don't make everything for the top 1000 any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me understand: a game in which 1% of playing people have completed raid content is good? So someone was playing only to be in that 1%...my god. That's ridicolous.
    That's what Blizzard said and so they went forth and made raids more accessible. Imho (BC-Raider) that was a GOOD decision. You know: lots of peeps having fun = good for the game. I don't honestly understand the 180 they did with Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by choww View Post
    And conveniently, the first statement disappears from the news post. Aww.

That's not "clarifying a few misquotes apparently". That's completely removing something but not telling us that this was what you removed. Not cool. Feels like the statement was thrown in to stoke the elites, but when you realized that it had the contrary effect (newsflash! not everyone is elite hardcore omg only 0.001% must ever clear the boss or this game sucks), it ... disappears? Yuck.

Clarifying a few misquotes apparently is telling us what you removed, and why you removed it, and putting the corrected version there.
    They removed it because neither Street nor Chilton said any such thing. The person saying that was a professor at USC complaining about how easy epics ruins his hardcore raiding fun.

(I wonder if you can list raiding experience on a tenure application.)

---------- Post added 2011-09-04 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That's what Blizzard said and so they went forth and made raids more accessible. Imho (BC-Raider) that was a GOOD decision. You know: lots of peeps having fun = good for the game. I don't honestly understand the 180 they did with Cata.
    I think it was a combination of a mindset that better players are more deserving of fun, and the idea that nerfing the previous tier would be enough for everyone else.

At this point they realize how badly they screwed up. It will be interesting to see if they publicly change the philosophy, and if there are replacements on the dev team.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

My di*k got 50% harded while reading this LOL. If there wasn't an expansion called "Mists Of Pandaria" FIRST they wouldn't trademark the name. SECOND they would have said that this is NOT the next expansion, so they are just avoiding the answer. Basically they pretty much confirmed that this is the next exp.

Deleted
    just cos they trademarked MOP doesnt mean its there "next" expansion but cud be one in the future but we will find out in about 7-8 weeks at blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Dremorus View Post
    I thought it was Gameplay > Graphics??? Or am I wrong here?
    It is, and thus why they still sell copies and have subscribers. Other devs went pretty but poor gameplay and they failed. When one, like Rift, did both, that's when WoW started to bleed customers. I don't know about SWTOR because it is made by Bioware who sucks at gameplay (they'll still steal many people because it's SWs), but Guild Wars 2 will put the final nail in the coffin because it's extremely pretty, and looks to have great controls.

But now other devs are catching on with the gameplay thing, and they're getting there. Blizzard on the other hand apparently lacks talented enough devs to push pretty graphics because they were sitting on a pile of money all this time and their games are still fugly to "meh" at best visually. D3 looks horrible for a game to launch this day and age. Blizzard is cheap and/or sucks with visuals.

No reason you can't want great gameplay AND pretty graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    It is, and thus why they still sell copies and have subscribers. Other devs went pretty but poor gameplay and they failed. When one, like Rift, did both, that's when WoW started to bleed customers. I don't know about SWTOR because it is made by Bioware who sucks at gameplay (they'll still steal many people because it's SWs), but Guild Wars 2 will put the final nail in the coffin because it's extremely pretty, and looks to have great controls.

But now other devs are catching on with the gameplay thing, and they're getting there. Blizzard on the other hand apparently lacks talented enough devs to push pretty graphics because they were sitting on a pile of money all this time and their games are still fugly to "meh" at best visually. D3 looks horrible for a game to launch this day and age. Blizzard is cheap and/or sucks with visuals.

No reason you can't want great gameplay AND pretty graphics.
    Yes,Yes it does friend. GW2 will put WoW in the coffin.

Deleted
    i hope gw2 and swtor give wow a run for its money since it will make blizzard work harder to adding better stuff to make it the number 1 again, wow needs an mmo to compete with so wow players get better shit in the game. atm all wow is, is sit in org wait for raid,dungeon or bg everything u need is in org no reason to go out into the world which is why they need some level 85 rewards for world pvp or make contested territories actually contestable with level 85 rewards for catching them at gold prices for like 1200 -2000g

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    I saw this statement and I went to check some data on it and this is what I found on wowprogress.com Heroic modes down: Shannox 26.66% of guilds Beth 4.86% Rhyo 14.03% Alys 6.94% Baleroc 4.79% Majordomo 7.14% Rag 0.16% Now I am not a math major but those percentages are pretty low IMO. lol Heroic Rag at 0.16% really? No longer elite huh? ROFL All but 2 fights have far less than 10% of the pop being able to down them and you call that "no longer felt elite" Drugs are bad for your brain and you should stop doing them sir!
    As an ex-raider and ex-Wow player who did all of original classic raids, TBC and WOTLK, nobody cares about "Heroics", you can't really tell a heroic raider from an easy mode raider, except maybe a slight colour change.

Being elite was always about looks, having that unique armour, unique weapons... someone could look at you and see you have BWL on farm or whatever, when easy mode and "heroics" share skins, it killed that aspect of raiding

Tbh it's a joke that you even have easy mode raids then optional "heroic" raids when the "heroic" raids are just how hard raids should really be, like back in classic/tbc... Maybe Blizzard should just bring back one raid difficulty

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. I'm not going to get to race change to Panda ?

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Acceptance is important. To the people say nothing is wrong with current wow, there's some proof.
    Or maybe the game just gets boring after a few years? People coming and going from a game is pretty typical.

10+ Year Old Account
    not gonna lie, those D3 graphics look pretty terrible. :/