Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    well yeah this board was technically recalled in...march...may? I never sent mine back because the recall was for the sata 3.0 ports had a flaw that didn't really concern me. By premium i think he meant that they will just send me a completely new board of the same model rather than taking this one back and repairing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdunka View Post
    I have this same MB and I was having a few issues when I was testing the overclocking. I figured it was just an issue with the OC settings. It would occasionally start up, go about 10 seconds, I'd never hear the POST sound, and it would shut back down and wait a few seconds and then power back up. It usually passed POST the 2nd time. I thought it was just something with the changes I was making but now I'm not so sure based off what I've seen here. I'll keep an eye on it. I rarely shut down my machine so I only reboot when needed.
    Thats a fail safe testing the overclock change for a few seconds before booting into it. Same thing happens here when i've changed to a new overclock setting.

---------- Post added 2011-09-07 at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sazdek View Post
    well yeah this board was technically recalled in...march...may? I never sent mine back because the recall was for the sata 3.0 ports had a flaw that didn't really concern me. By premium i think he meant that they will just send me a completely new board of the same model rather than taking this one back and repairing it.
    Yeah they sent out a completely different board. It wasn't the sata 3.0 ports... it was the standard sata ports. I do hope you knew that and just mistyped. Anyway How are you clearing the CMOS? Im pretty sure its actually an annoyingly long process, because I was thinking about doing it because I was having memory incompatability issues in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    Thats a fail safe testing the overclock change for a few seconds before booting into it. Same thing happens here when i've changed to a new overclock setting.
    Cool, thanks for the info. Figured that to be the case, it has been running pretty good since.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post

---------- Post added 2011-09-07 at 07:45 PM ----------

Yeah they sent out a completely different board. It wasn't the sata 3.0 ports... it was the standard sata ports. I do hope you knew that and just mistyped. Anyway How are you clearing the CMOS? Im pretty sure its actually an annoyingly long process, because I was thinking about doing it because I was having memory incompatability issues in the past.
    it's not really long at all. A typical reset is done just by moving that little jumper cap over one pin and leaving it there for like 30 seconds, then moving it back. When that doesn't work you pop out the little battery for up to a couple minutes. Asus had me reset it by removing the 24 and 8 pin connectors then moving the jumper over. None of which worked, Asus determined it to be a fault board, hence i'm getting a new one for free.

and yes i meant the standard Sata ports. I said 3.0 because they're the 3gbps or whatever ports compared to the top two housings which are the 6g. I do hope by your correction you understood what i was typing anyways and thus proving any correction pointless from the start.