Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What addons for a death knight?

I have a hard time keeping up with the frost rotation while managing diseases and runes and stuff. Is there any addon tracking diseases as well as runes? Some rotation-helper of sorts? Would be great if it also worked with unholy since I play as that as well.

Deleted
    I think clcdk does everything you are asking for. I personally never tried it though, I use Archerus Runes to manage my runes and runic power.

clcdk- http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clc-dk.aspx
    Archerus- http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s/acherus.aspx

Oh quick edit, just clicked the back button when I was looking for the links to those addons. I also stumbled across Docs Debug Runes a lot of people seem to like. Might want to give that a try as well.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ebugrunes.aspx
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2011-09-16 at 04:38 PM.

ClCdk is nice if you don't tunnel vision. It will manage runic power, diseases, trinket procs/cds and any other ability you want to keep track of.

DocsDebugRunes is what I use for my DK. Tracks diseases, runes and procs. Independent of spec. If you ever intend to tank, I'd recommend picking up Blood Shield Tracker as well.

This post has a really nicely-organized interface using the Power Auras addon that you can copy/paste right from the thread into the addon setup.

Definitely worth taking a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    DocsDebugRunes is what I use for my DK. Tracks diseases, runes and procs. Independent of spec. If you ever intend to tank, I'd recommend picking up Blood Shield Tracker as well.
    I use DocsDebugRunes as well.

Oh.

It's Kurzi, no wonder we use the same DK addons. <3

ClCDK is pretty much all you need, just make sure you don't follow it exactly, like with every AddOn. And of course, Power Auras for every class.

I use DeathKnight Monitor.
    It tracks runes, rune power, diseases, and DK specific procs. It's modular, each component can be turned on/off independently, can be moved and sized to your liking. The only thing it doesn't do is tell you what button to press.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

DocsDebugRunes, Power Auras and DHUD are my bread and butter in terms of rune management/health/cd's, etc.

Power Auras, Acherus. That's all I use =)

This post made me look at the addons that were suggested. Had looked at CLCDK and found it to be less than optimal for me. That said I am running a serious hybrid here. So, what you see in the screenshot linked below is:

Screenshot: http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/269...1611232732.jpg

NOTE: These links take you to the Curse page for each addon so you don't have to look it up.

Pitbull - Unit Frames for the Target (also used for focus, target of target, target of focus, and all party/raid frames). This addon above all others took me a TON of time to get "right". And I had to redo it all when they changed format from Pitbull3 to Pitbull4. That said, it is easily one of the 3 or 5 most important addons I run and I have at least 140 addons I use.

DoTimer - This is on the left and is used mostly by Locks (which was my first toon ever and an addon I have used since TBC)

EventAlert - The Killing Machine proc with the time left right in the middle that actually covers up my toon. Useful for other classes.

Power Auras - Configured using the post mentioned above. It is showing the KM proc "brackets" and also the disease timers via icon to the right

DKIRunes - These are the big ass runes you see at the bottom center. This includes another piece which is DKIDiseases which is a separate addon in the addon folder, but is bundled with DKIRunes. It is the 2 bars at the bottom left. I am still tweaking that portion to be "right", but for now it works.

Tidy Plates - Used for the mob nameplates. The skin I am using for the nameplates is Tidy Plates: Threat Plates

For tanking I also use Blood Shield Tracker and put it just to the left of my Runic Power counter (the baby blue 130 to the left of my runes)

@Sykotic13; I think you need more stuff to cover your char.

Deleted
    If you can't play frost, maybe this class isn't for you?

Deleted
    Ok guys enough, he's only asking for an addon that helps him manage diseases and runes. That's nothing unreasonable to ask for any Death Knight spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...agicrunes.aspx
    Magic runes, very customizable. Very simple. If you want columns, they can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by alilei31 View Post
    Yea its the melee version of an arcane mage. Just without the mana management required to do true Arcane DPS.
    Lol yeah go spam AB some more :-)

Another +1 for clcdk, just remember to use your brain and not be rail-roaded by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    @Sykotic13; I think you need more stuff to cover your char.
    I think watching your character swing swords over and over again is overrated. Plus, if I want to see my character all I have to do is Frost Strike to get rid of the annoying event alert that covers him. Good incentive to use Frost Strike, right?

To answer the OP's question CLCDK is the only addon I know that gives you rotation advice. But I wasn't impressed with it. I do believe it is customizable to remove certain things from your rotation (Oblit in my case since I never use it as DW Frost). If it isn't customizable then it is less useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    For diseases, Runes, and Runic Power I use Doc's Debug Runes. It's just amazing. It doesn't tell you what to push next or anything, it just shows timers for all your shit.

I also use PowerAura's, but that's mainly for Trinket Proc's and what not.