Alysrazor 10 HC Need help !

Hello

Today my GM told me that we will try Alysrazor Heroic and he wants me to go Affliction spec and be flying.

What my main status should be ? Crit or Mastery ?

Can someone please send me some tips about how i should dps the Boss in air

Thanks u very much

probably mastery since u will have all the haste you need in the air and after 10 stacks(not sure) u replace sbolt as ur filler with drain soul while refreshing dots. for heroic do u guys not have a mage? as they are the best by far in the air.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I flied with both mastery focused set and a standard haste focused set, and tbh it doesn't really matter which one you choose. If you're normally playing demo, don't bother reforging. Same goes for affliction.

When you're flying just do your normal rotation until you get around 10-12 stacks, and then switch shadowbolt for drain soul. Remember that you can keep channeling drain soul from behind the meteor during firestorm.

When she goes down for the tornado phase, summon your felhunter (he probably despawned when you were flying) so you don't waste any gcd's during the burn phase. You can keep drain souling/refreshing dots while avoiding tornados, just remember that you need to face her when casting drain soul and haunt. Also try to get as many rings as possible to keep your haste buff up, while not risking a death of course.

When the burn phase starts, pop trinkets, potion, demon soul etc. and just drain soul away. When you got like 5 sec left of the haste buff, refresh all your dots/haunt and then start channeling drain soul, but don't interrupt the cast even if your haunt/ua drops off. This way you get max benefit of the haste buff.

Rinse and repeat. Boss down. Loot. Go home.

Hope this was useful to you.

E: Forgot to add that use boa instead of bod.

Don't use a fel hunter while flying. He can never catch up to attack. Use something with range like the succubus. Also, tell your GM that you are best suited being afflic on the ground dotting everything that moves while having 2 feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Don't use a fel hunter while flying. He can never catch up to attack. Use something with range like the succubus. Also, tell your GM that you are best suited being afflic on the ground dotting everything that moves while having 2 feathers.
    Terrible advise, none of the pets get consistent DPS uptime on Alysrazor, NONE, not even the imp (who has the longest range) the damage gained from using the felhound's demon soul is far greater than any slight damage the succubus might be able to get. Check out any of the highest DPS warlocks, you wont see a single lash of pain or firebolt in their logs, there's a reason for it.

On the second point, aff isn't terrible at flying, its worse than several others due to my previous point (pretty much 0 pet damage). But it is also better than several other classes as well. If they don't have a mage, spriest, or rogue (rogues can do more damage, but they also have a reliable interrupt which warlocks do not have for ground), warlock is a decent choice.

Overall for top 40 ranking of each class in 10 man goes:

Fire Mage: Low 93k, High 140k
    Shadow Priest: Low 75k, High 97k
    Combat Rogue: Low 35k (likely lower due to not many combat rogues actually flying), High 79k
    Aff Warlock: Low 59k, High 75k (high is most likely multi-dot'ing, but i can personally attest to ~60k being possible without padding meters)
    Balance Druid: Low 53k, High 70k
    Assassin Rogue: Low 50k, High 65k
    Fury Warrior: Low 38k (again likely low due to not many warriors flying), High 65k

On topic:

Mastery scales better than haste while flying at max stacks. Is it worth reforging for 1 fight? Not really unless you're wiping at like 2%. Do not even think about stacking crit, Alysra's Razor gives you 75% crit when you hit 25 stacks, your talents give corruption and UA +15% and BoA +8%. So you'll have 83-90% crit on your DoTs, and 75% crit on Drain soul, without any gear...
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-09-06 at 10:42 PM.

Does anyone know if its worth using shadowflame in the air? Does the dot gain extra ticks from haste like our other dots? Is it worth the gcd when you have max haste?

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    Does anyone know if its worth using shadowflame in the air? Does the dot gain extra ticks from haste like our other dots? Is it worth the gcd when you have max haste?
    Showflame does gain tics, whether its worth stopping DS for, I don't know... but it definitely is worth casting over shadowbolt at the start.

how many people do u get up there? only the mage ?