Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Shit, you got a cap on your internet? That gotta suck?

Anyways, as someone else stated. Comming back to you and say "ey yo, you owe us x amount, pay nao!", I dont really think they would do taht tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    I love my countrie in terms of internet , Portugal has one of the best services in the world, so i get a 25 mbps unlimited trafic internet , with television , and phone for like 65 euros.
    I live in Sweden. We have 100Mbit unlimited trafic for like 45 euros. There's also 1000Mbit for 80 or 90 euros, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I have unlimited, 1000/Gbps (as fast as the networks and SSD or HDD allows it), for 9 EUR. I can't comprehend limited GB... seriously. I've had speeds of up to 30MB/s, I'd be capped in a few days.
    *glares at the Guristas supporter*
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

waaah i did not know that some people that a max limit on there Internet tho i live in sweden and i pay 35 euros a month for a 100/100 line and i haven't used a router for the past 6 years or so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    No, it depends on your specific agreement with your ISP. Though the ratio of capped vs. uncapped connections varies from area to area.

US and UK for example fare fairly poorly; restricted connections - slow ones at that, are quite common. Both countries have quite significant infrastructure problems.
    however, in the US we don't have the same small caps that everyone else does, most basic home internet plans cap at 250GB per month, and the next step up has no bandwidth cap, 100/20 plans are available to most US customers, but a home user never needs more then a 10/2, and thats just with cable. DSL, Tier and other mediums are available, but they are too expensive for home usage, and people dont need it

10+ Year Old Account
    all of you kids here are talking about liabilities and costs to give this guy unlimited internet access. web access isnt a "limited resource" like all of these ISP's try to make you believe by giving you limits on your data usage. theres also the fact that they are making near to 100% profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    however, in the US we don't have the same small caps that everyone else does, most basic home internet plans cap at 250GB per month, and the next step up has no bandwidth cap, 100/20 plans are available to most US customers, but a home user never needs more then a 10/2, and thats just with cable. DSL, Tier and other mediums are available, but they are too expensive for home usage, and people dont need it
    Actually for Comcast the soft cap is 250GB for ALL residential service, regardless of speed. You have to get Business service to remove the cap.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    all of you kids here are talking about liabilities and costs to give this guy unlimited internet access. web access isnt a "limited resource" like all of these ISP's try to make you believe by giving you limits on your data usage. theres also the fact that they are making near to 100% profit.
    Agreed, data cap's are a scam. There's no reason for them to exist. I have Roadrunner, witch Is one of the few who don't have data caps (they might have It soon), and the ISP's just make a fortune off these data caps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Actually for Comcast the soft cap is 250GB for ALL residential service, regardless of speed. You have to get Business service to remove the cap.
    thats what i was talking about for the step up

wow there's still country's with a data limit?
    maybe they switched over to a fair use policy and they havent informed every user yet.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Agreed, data cap's are a scam. There's no reason for them to exist. I have Roadrunner, witch Is one of the few who don't have data caps (they might have It soon), and the ISP's just make a fortune off these data caps.
    While this is true in some countries, it's too broad of a generalisation to make global.

Some countries are a bit behind here. While the Internet itself doesn't have a cap, bandwidth is still costly because the infrastructure isn't fully built out yet, so they put in limits so that they can cope with the traffic through the lines that they do got.
    Obviously the solution is for the telecommunication-companies to spend more money in the building, wiring and digging. This is 2011 after all. There's no excuse not to get to it.

(Unless you're Canada with too rigid soil to dig in, due to the temperature. :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    40gigs? Serious?

I'd be capped like every other month -.-

Internet on my phone has a limit until it slows down but I never use it that much.

you could always say you were not informed about this.

I'd be capped in one week I go through 100 gigs a month at least.. That's going easy, in the winter time it's worse especially living in Alaska where you really don't want to go out in the winter time, I can do 150 gigs a month easy...

The problem is the "step up" in this case has no better speeds than residential, and on some plans costs significantly more.

10+ Year Old Account
    even if they step up, comcast business class is the exact same as home service except they give you a modem that can handle tons more computers hooked to it, no speed increase between the two, and of course the cap released.

ispano beat me to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    home plans are still 12/2, business starter matches that, but can go higher

http://business.comcast.com/Internet/plans.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I have unlimited, 1000/Gbps (as fast as the networks and SSD or HDD allows it), for 9 EUR. I can't comprehend limited GB... seriously. I've had speeds of up to 30MB/s, I'd be capped in a few days.
    Not sure what 1000 divided by Gbps is but I assume if we take these figures literally 1 Tb/s.
    30 MB/s comes to about 240 Mb/s, while fast this comes no where close to 1 Gb/s let alone 1 Tb/s that you specified and there is for sure no one offering this service to a residential customer.

On topic, it can go both sides.. they can let you go off with using it as it was their error or they can charge you for it, if I were you I would call them and ask about it, either way better than them finding out on their own and then calling you .

Also the whole limited internet thing is pretty disturbing, I'm glad we don't have it here.. it's all FLAT/unlimited.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    even if they step up, comcast business class is the exact same as home service except they give you a modem that can handle tons more computers hooked to it, no speed increase between the two, and of course the cap released.

ispano beat me to it.
    You mean "can't handle tons more" The gateways they give you are notoriously bad. The newer SMCD3G is better, but still has the issue with not being able to hand a ton of connections. Not physical connections, but connections like utorrent for example can use hundreds if you let it, it'll crap out. Now if you pay extra for a static IP it'll bypass this limitation, but I don't need a static IP so it's a waste of money honestly. Just glad I got a 6120 on there working well.

The other thing... it's the same thing as residential, same node, network, everything. You just get "preferred" treatment, faster support and no known cap. But it still uses the same shared network.

---------- Post added 2011-09-07 at 11:30 PM ----------

home plans are still 12/2, business starter matches that, but can go higher

http://business.comcast.com/Internet/plans.aspx
    They have 105/10 Home Plans too you know. And the business version is almost double the cost. $200/mo for the residential version (with a 250GB cap still!) and $370 for Business. Still the same shared network.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    You mean "can't handle tons more" The gateways they give you are notoriously bad. The newer SMCD3G is better, but still has the issue with not being able to hand a ton of connections. Not physical connections, but connections like utorrent for example can use hundreds if you let it, it'll crap out. Now if you pay extra for a static IP it'll bypass this limitation, but I don't need a static IP so it's a waste of money honestly. Just glad I got a 6120 on there working well.

The other thing... it's the same thing as residential, same node, network, everything. You just get "preferred" treatment, faster support and no known cap. But it still uses the same shared network.
    you got your 6120 to work? i'd like to know how, that stupid gateway is the one thing keeping me from getting the business starter

There's not a whole lot you can do about it now. They've tightened up on it lately. Also new contracts get a rental fee slapped on regardless. When I did it, they install the SMC, and the same day I took it off and use the little walled garden page you get since the modem isn't in their system, to register it. The tech does this with the SMC, but usually the page is active for you for about a day. This might have changed though, and the modem would have to be on no other accounts, like your old residential. Only other way is to call them over and over and over, and get them to send you a standard modem, ie they have issues letting you use a standard modem, they have even MORE issues letting you use your own.

Roflmao. I think i use DL 50 GB of raw data each day (online gaming packages send back and forth, video streaming, torrent sharing) have a 100mbit connection, can DL a blueray in 5-60minuts if the uploader has a desent connection aswell
    Hell i even managed to fill a 1TB drive overnight once
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!