Thread: Pokémon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuniku View Post
    What would it need to do that then?
    I tried to find out myself, and went to the damage calc on pokemon showdown, slapped in Mega Mawile (Usage) and added Mega Ampharos, reset its EVs and added speed EVs until my speed stat was higher than Mawiles, which came out at 44 speed EVs to make Ampharos' speed 71 compared to Mawiles 70. Is that accurate?

While I appreciate Mawile would be a threat to Ampharos (Play Rough being an EASY OHKO) Wouldn't I just swap out? Even taking a sucker punch ahead of volt switch would leave me taking 50-60% damage according to the calc =/ While at best all I can manage is a 2HKO, so wouldn't I be better off swapping out as soon as mawile came in? (though surely mawile would be a higher teir anyway?)

Also, is there a fast way to check what tier pokemon are in? I find the way smogon write their lists a bit tedious, I'd quite like a drop down menu where I select a pokemon and it tells me what tier it is in xD

(though surely mawile would be a higher teir anyway?)

Also, is there a fast way to check what tier pokemon are in? I find the way smogon write their lists a bit tedious, I'd quite like a drop down menu where I select a pokemon and it tells me what tier it is in xD
    Since Smogon is taking forever to update their guides for Gen VI, current Gen VI tiers can be found only in the forums, currently on this thread.

Mawile is currently OU and Ampharos UU, so if you are battling in UU you don't need to worry about Mawile. Then again, this is just Smogon ruling. Battle Spot is FFA madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Since Smogon is taking forever to update their guides for Gen VI, current Gen VI tiers can be found only in the forums, currently on this thread.

Mawile is currently OU and Ampharos UU, so if you are battling in UU you don't need to worry about Mawile. Then again, this is just Smogon ruling. Battle Spot is FFA madness.
    http://pokemon.neoseeker.com/wiki/Tier_listings <- is that list fairly accurate? the only ones I'd seen on smogon just said who was banned from each teir, not who was in each teir, made working things out tricky. Muk and Cradily are both NU, where as Ampharos is UU, so would be an UU team - in which case would Muk and Cradilly get mauled?

Also the list just said Ampharos - does that mean unless specified it includes mega?

Also the list just said Ampharos - does that mean unless specified it includes mega?
    Yes. Only Megas that are banned in higher tier than their normal forms are Gengar, Lucario and Kangaskhan. Their Mega Stones are banned into Übers, but they can be used in OU without Mega Stone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Only Megas that are banned in higher tier than their normal forms are Gengar, Lucario and Kangaskhan. Their Mega Stones are banned into Übers, but they can be used in OU without Mega Stone.
    Ok Cool

While I want to use Mega Ampharos, I'm also kinda tempted to go all out NU =/

Ok Cool

While I want to use Mega Ampharos, I'm also kinda tempted to go all out NU =/
    Cool people use rotom fan yo
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Whismur and Mawile got straight into business.

I get out of the Day Care house and there's already an egg :E
    Ditto and Aegi's Beldum behaved the same. Surprisingly cooperative for genderless mons.

UU will always be my favorite tier. In gen 5, it was a nice reprieve from all the weathers teams in OU and in gen 6, it allows the use of more interesting pokemon.

o man i wish you could trade entire boxes in pokemon bank :I

Less than 2 million trades to go for fancy Villion pattern!

Do your part and use the terrible feature known as the GTS, today!

edit: meant fancy villion not shiney :P
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    o man i wish you could trade entire boxes in pokemon bank :I
    (You can. Press start untill the cursor becomes green and select the whole box at once.)

(You can. Press start untill the cursor becomes green and select the whole box at once.)
    i meant , online trades srry

i meant , online trades srry
    Yes I know what you mean. Hopefully gen 7 makes pokebank connectivity built in so it is no more complicated to jump in and manage it than going into WT, Match ups, etc.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

this is my concep for mega zoroark :P
    When u mega ur ability changes to Illusionary Field and its an entry ability just like Drought and Drizzle.
    what Illusionary Field does is the same as Trick Room, it would last 5 turns just like TR
    its stats would change to be a lot slower to take advange of the illusionary field, get a boost in Sp atk to 145(or more) and raise its defenses a bit
    its Typing could change to Ghost Dark or keep it just dark
    what do you guys think
    Last edited by Rylee; 2014-07-01 at 05:59 PM.

When u mega ur ability changes to Illusionary Field and its an entry ability just like Drought and Drizzle.
    what Illusionary Field does is the same as Trick Room, it would last 5 turns just like TR
    its stats would change to be a lot slower to take advange of the illusionary field, get a boost in Sp atk to 145(or more) and raise its defenses a bit
    what do you guys think
    I don't know, Zoroark is good because it is a fast and powerful offensive beast, giving it a mega evolution which makes it slow enough to work in trick room? No thank you. Also, giving Zoroark a mega goes against it's ability anyways. You can come in disguised as another pokemon, but they'll know as soon as you hit the button. Also, another ghost/dark? I feel that is a niche that belongs to Sableye and Spiritomb who don't have the greatest of stats to compensate. Hell, Zoroark already has a higher base stat total than Mega Sableye.

10+ Year Old Account
    what do you guys think
    [IMG]http://oi62.tinypic.com/p2iap.jpg[/MG]
    I think

that that concept art

reminds me of Evil Rao
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

what do you guys think
    i dont like the eyes/mask bit. i think it would look better if its face was just white with the red lines. but otherwise great job

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I don't know, Zoroark is good because it is a fast and powerful offensive beast, giving it a mega evolution which makes it slow enough to work in trick room? No thank you. Also, giving Zoroark a mega goes against it's ability anyways. You can come in disguised as another pokemon, but they'll know as soon as you hit the button. Also, another ghost/dark? I feel that is a niche that belongs to Sableye and Spiritomb who don't have the greatest of stats to compensate. Hell, Zoroark already has a higher base stat total than Mega Sableye.
    they could make the mega evo animation only be shown on the users screen.

a secret mega.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont like the eyes/mask bit. i think it would look better if its face was just white with the red lines. but otherwise great job

- - - Updated - - -

a secret mega.
    This would also mean the use of 2 abilities at once as well as secret stat boost and secret field effect to top it of. Very unfair.

I like the graphic concept but I don't like Rylee's stat/ability idea. I would keep Zoroark's unique niche by leaving it's ability intact and boosting it's speed and crappy defenses to match other sweeper megas.
    Last edited by mmoc8ded9ea3f2; 2014-07-01 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    If we get a Mega Milotic in the Hoenn remakes (Like Gyarados, its counterpart did in X/Y + its a popular gen 3 pokemon anyway), would you like it to get Dragon/Water, Fairy/Water or just keep it as pure Water type?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

a secret mega.
    Rylee didn't draw that, it was from: http://dragonith.deviantart.com/

If they only showed the mega on your screen, that means you would be behind as the animation only plays for you while the rest of the turn goes as normal for your opponent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    If we get a Mega Milotic in the Hoenn remakes (Like Gyarados, its counterpart did in X/Y + its a popular gen 3 pokemon anyway), would you like it to get Dragon/Water, Fairy/Water or just keep it as pure Water type?
    My vote is for fairy/water. It already looks like a fairy, and people thought it would get re-typed anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

This Mega Confagrigus needs to happen