Thread: Pokémon!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    AAAAW!! Baby Raccoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

yessss yesss be lured by the raccoons cute looks, fall right into its traps.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Ðemonhuntr, i would like some details about MMO-Champ's Pokemon Tournament that you have in place.

First : Gym Leader are 3v3 single battle, but do we have 6 'mons each and select 3 after seeing the other team or do we directly go with 3 'mons each ?
    Second : Can Gym&E4 have (OU)legendaries ?
    Third : You need 2 wins against each Gym Leader(not E4) if i understand correctly. One reco and one for real badge, and can they change team ? (answer can depend on answer from 1st question).
    Fourth : I don't understand the last sentence very well. Does that mean that the 6 'mons i'm gonna use for E4 can be another 6 apart from the 18 i choose at the beginning ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Ðemonhuntr, i would like some details about MMO-Champ's Pokemon Tournament that you have in place.

First : Gym Leader are 3v3 single battle, but do we have 6 'mons each and select 3 after seeing the other team or do we directly go with 3 'mons each ?
    Second : Can Gym&E4 have (OU)legendaries ?
    Third : You need 2 wins against each Gym Leader(not E4) if i understand correctly. One reco and one for real badge, and can they change team ? (answer can depend on answer from 1st question).
    Fourth : I don't understand the last sentence very well. Does that mean that the 6 'mons i'm gonna use for E4 can be another 6 apart from the 18 i choose at the beginning ?
    I ain't Ðemonhuntr but I can answer just as well.
    1: Both competitors have 6 mons each and 3 will be selected.
    2: They could have legendaries if I recall correctly but as I went through nobody had any and I don't expect that to have changed.
    3: They certainly can choose 3 different Pokemon out of their 6 in the second battle.
    4: For the E4 you can freely choose 6 Pokemon. They don't have to be among the 18 you pick for the gyms.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    I ain't Ðemonhuntr but I can answer just as well.
    1: Both competitors have 6 mons each and 3 will be selected.
    2: They could have legendaries if I recall correctly but as I went through nobody had any and I don't expect that to have changed.
    3: They certainly can choose 3 different Pokemon out of their 6 in the second battle.
    4: For the E4 you can freely choose 6 Pokemon. They don't have to be among the 18 you pick for the gyms.
    Thank you for the answers Champion Nelavar.
    I need to make some changes about those 18 i want to take in that case.

VGC Nationals going on right now: http://www.twitch.tv/Pokemon

Is 2v2 the new thing now ? Or is there 1v1 tournament ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Is 2v2 the new thing now ? Or is there 1v1 tournament ?
    2v2 is the new thing by quite some time now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Still no one up? :-)
    Hey dude, if you're still around I can hold some stuff for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    VGC Nationals going on right now: http://www.twitch.tv/Pokemon
    The people in the crowd all dancing and holding up plushies and shit... hahaha. One guy had an adorable Growlithe plush with a blue bandana~

I don't think I could ever go to a huge thing like this, no matter how much I like the game. Way too many people.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    2v2 is the new thing by quite some time now
    I see thanks

Homophobia is so gay.

i wish i could go to big Cons like that but... $$ is a thing :/

Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    i wish i could go to big Cons like that but... $$ is a thing :/
    Yep, I so wish I could go to Blizz Con, it's only a 20 minute drive away :/

- - - Updated - - -

Also, seeing Jflynn in a suit is weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    That last battle in the VGC tournament - I was on the edge of my seat. @_@

Focus Miss pulled through, much surprise

ALso, a talonflame spamming brave bird? Also much surprisenotreally. >.>
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Yep, I so wish I could go to Blizz Con, it's only a 20 minute drive away :/

- - - Updated - - -

Also, seeing Jflynn in a suit is weird.
    in a suit and shaved , hella weird

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    That last battle in the VGC tournament - I was on the edge of my seat. @_@

Focus Miss pulled through, much surprise

ALso, a talonflame spamming brave bird? Also much surprisenotreally. >.>
    Really strange play not going for the Heliolisk there, I was under the impression all Heliolisk carried Focus Blast (mine sure does). I think he could have won that if he prioritized correctly.

If only Charizard had more coverage. Dragon Pulse would have done him well there....but he got completely walled by Tyranitar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really strange play not going for the Heliolisk there, I was under the impression all Heliolisk carried Focus Blast (mine sure does). I think he could have won that if he prioritized correctly.

If only Charizard had more coverage. Dragon Pulse would have done him well there....but he got completely walled by Tyranitar.
    I-uh. Okay. I was going to respond but

"Ashton's team was posted online"

That shit's just not fair. :/

I-uh. Okay. I was going to respond but

"Ashton's team was posted online"

That shit's just not fair. :/
    Talk about bad sportsmanship....but it is also Ashton's fault for getting his team leaked though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk about bad sportsmanship....but it is also Ashton's fault for getting his team leaked though.
    I dunno how much preparation goes into this competition (I'm not even like 100% sure what we're even watching) but if I knew I was going to be facing this guy, I wouldn't have looked out of the fact that I would KNOW it would help me win.

I mean, I chose to look at spoilers in this thread when XY were coming out. If I didn't want to see them, I wouldn't have clicked on it. How hard would it have been for Simon to avoid looking?

I dunno how much preparation goes into this competition (I'm not even like 100% sure what we're even watching) but if I knew I was going to be facing this guy, I wouldn't have looked out of the fact that I would KNOW it would help me win.

I mean, I chose to look at spoilers in this thread when XY were coming out. If I didn't want to see them, I wouldn't have clicked on it. How hard would it have been for Simon to avoid looking?
    In a competition, why wouldn't you want every advantage you can get? Isn't that why we spend so much time breeding/training our pokemon? Not saying what he did was right, and I am actually surprised he so readily admitted to it, but I can't blame him for doing so. Besides, he didn't seem to do anything with that knowledge, got caught offguard by the wideguard gigalith, didn't kill the heliolisk before it could focus blast, etc.

If you want to win you use every method possible and allowed to do so. If your possible opponent's team is posted online, you damn well better look it up.