Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post

Why? Just why....why do this. WHY DO THIS
    HAve you heard the electrics gyms new theme LOl. Also why is ghetsis back But we never learned what happened to Cyrus I liked cyrus
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Its been a year since the 3DS laucnhed... Gamefreak could have done it for the 3DS. Im sure one of Nintendos biggest 2nd party Devs knew about the 3DS before it was officially announced. They have had plenty of time to make a game for the 3DS. Pokemon on the 3DS would move so many systems...It just doesnt make sense why they wouldnt.
    Think about it this way, I can't think of any other time for Pokemans where this was really a problem. They never really released a new system between a gen in Pokemon, not that I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    HAve you heard the electrics gyms new theme LOl. Also why is ghetsis back But we never learned what happened to Cyrus
    I have heard it. I died a little. Whats with the forcing of terrible engrish into the music now?

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 02:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Think about it this way, I can't think of any other time for Pokemans where this was really a problem. They never really released a new system between a gen in Pokemon, not that I can think of.
    But they are hyping it as a new game. Its not a third version. You have a new console out, you would expect it to be on that. The only reason its on the DS instead of the 3DS is so they can use the same models and animations as Black/White.

I have heard it. I died a little. Whats with the forcing of terrible engrish into the music now?

Thats the poison gym and thats how you spell koffing in japanese
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

"Learn to spell in Engrish with the Gym Theme."

How about no.

But they are hyping it as a new game. Its not a third version. You have a new console out, you would expect it to be on that. The only reason its on the DS instead of the 3DS is so they can use the same models and animations as Black/White.
    They've done it since Gen 1, why is it now suddenly a HUGE deal? I don't get it.

Thats the poison gym and thats how you spell koffing in japanese
    I know its not Elesas gym. I was linking another Gym Theme like that...

D:

---------- Post added 2012-07-10 at 02:57 AM ----------

They've done it since Gen 1, why is it now suddenly a HUGE deal? I don't get it.
    They claimed Black2/White2 would be a new game, a sequel.

Its Black/White with a lick of paint.

Instead of saying its a third version (Which it totally is) They hyped and lied that it would be something it isnt.

It's not sudden. This is just the most egregious.

I would be fine with Black/White 2 if it was Grey or something.
    They have advertised it as a true sequel. But when its essentially the same game with a few new sprites and spawn locations...its just a cash grab.
    How are they any more of a cash-grab than the third-versions? They're adding:
    -changing the world map, adding new locations
    -better battle animations, trainer animations
    -World Tournament, letting you battle every past gym leader
    -Pokestar Studios
    -about 150 new Pokemon pre-Elite 4
    -a completely new story
    -a new difficulty
    -link between B/W and B/W 2, adding some story moments
    Am I missing anything? Anyway, it seems like they're adding more than any of the third versions.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-07-10 at 03:05 AM.

What I hate is that Iris is the champion and Cheren whose dream was to be champion is the first gym leader and your character from last game isn't in it but the plot says they never aimed to become champion. Oh and there is a hard mode or something like that sounds interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what exactly is wrong with the music? That battle theme sounded pretty damn good and I am someone who generally dislikes a lot of the battle themes from the series. I am actually glad they are experimenting with some new style music for once, most of the games to me all sounded the same for the most part as far as music was concerned.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-07-10 at 03:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I hate is that Iris is the champion and Cheren whose dream was to be champion is the first gym leader and your character from last game isn't in it but the plot says they never aimed to become champion. Oh and there is a hard mode or something like that sounds interesting
    I agree that Iris seems really out of place as Champion. Then again, Blue and Red were Champions and they were only teens as well.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    How are they any more of a cash-grab than the third-versions? They're adding:
    -changing the world map, adding new locations
    -better battle animations, trainer animations
    -World Tournament, letting you battle every past gym leader
    -Pokestar Studios
    -about 150 new Pokemon pre-Elite 4
    -a completely new story
    -a new difficulty
    -link between B/W and B/W 2, adding some story moments
    Am I missing anything? Anyway, it seems like they're adding more than any of the third versions.

All third versions have changed the sprites
    New pokemon? You mean pokemon from other regions...Like i said, changing spawn locations.
    New story? Its still team plasma except this time they decided to split into two groups. Team Rocket and the original team plasma. Originality
    The new difficulty is Artificial, not really a feature.
    Couldnt you challenge past gym leaders in Emerald? On the Battle Island?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that BW2 is better than if they just did gray.

Besides even if most of the Gym leaders are the same with the exception of like 3 (Cheren, Roxy, Water Gym dude) it's still a big change.

You could even say GSC and HGSS are "sequels" to GRB,LGFR. At least post League.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    I think that BW2 is better than if they just did gray.

Besides even if most of the Gym leaders are the same with the exception of like 3 (Cheren, Roxy, Water Gym dude) it's still a big change.

You could even say GSC and HGSS are "sequels" to GRB,LGFR. At least post League.
    But they were also sequels in that they actually moved the gameplay forward. BW2 does nothing like that.

They're pulling a Capcom. Yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Wait, what exactly is wrong with the music? That battle theme sounded pretty damn good and I am someone who generally dislikes a lot of the battle themes from the series. I am actually glad they are experimenting with some new style music for once, most of the games to me all sounded the same for the most part as far as music was concerned.
    The plasma theme? Its a meeeeeeeh remix of a good theme, probally my favourite Team battle theme.

Kinda off topic, but I actually never even knew Emerald existed until recently.

Kinda off topic, but I actually never even knew Emerald existed until recently.
    But...Rayquaza was the main legendary D:

Hes awesome.

And Emerald actually changed the "story".
    So did Platinum IIRC (Didnt really play it all the way through :<)

But...Rayquaza was the main legendary D:

Hes awesome.

And Emerald actually changed the "story".
    So did Platinum IIRC (Didnt really play it all the way through :<)
    I think the last 3rd game I even got was Crystal.

Emerald changed the outcome of the Team conflict slightly. Platinum added some kooky thing with Giratina that was just a slight story extension. Crystal added a little side-event with Suicune.

They're basically always slightly changed re-releases with a few minor improvements. Now there's two, with twice the minor improvements.