Thread: Pokémon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or do pokemon X and Y feel very short and get boring very fast? still got quite a few pokemon on my list and still some things to do but still it felt very short also i remember that lvling your pokemon to lvl 100 use to take much longer then it does now.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Is it just me or do pokemon X and Y feel very short and get boring very fast? still got quite a few pokemon on my list and still some things to do but still it felt very short.
    The problems for me are the exp share making it too easy to level, and there being not much to do after the champion, wich makes it look short for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    The problems for me are the exp share making it too easy to level, and there being not much to do after the champion, wich makes it look short for me.
    Didnt exp share only use to apply on the pokemon you give it too? not the whole team? seriously all i do is go into Le wow and do triple battle too lvl my pokemon lol.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2014-07-28 at 06:39 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I think the lack of content in the post game was deliberate. It allowed us to focus on breeding and online play with the streamlined breeding mechanics. Also, it may not have been long, but the Looker storyline was fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Didnt exp share only use to apply on the pokemon you give it too? not the whole team? seriously all i do is go into Le wow and do triple battle too lvl my pokemon lol.
    Ok? And leveling pokemon up faster is a bad thing how? Hell, in online play, they are scaled to 50 regardless, making getting to 100 not needed unless there is a move you really need learned at that level. Most of my competitive pokemon are in the 20's.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys act like big endgame content is normal for pokemon, but let's break it down:

R/B/Y: After E4 catch mewtwo
    G/S/C: After you beat Red, catch Mewtwo and um....
    R/S: Get Beldum and Eon duo
    FR/LG: 3 more Sevii Islands
    Emerald: Yay battle frontier
    D/P: Nothing
    Pt: Yay le Battle Frontier part 2
    HG/SS: Battle Frontier numero tres
    B/W: Undella Town and Black City/White Forest(which were pretty useless zones) and go back and beat Alder
    B/W2: Pokemon World Tournament HYPE as well as exploring the rest of the region, catching Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom, battling N every season, completing region dex to gain access to the reserve and Shiny Haxorus.
    X/Y: Looker storyline, Mega ring upgrade, mega stone hunting, catch Mewtwo/legendary birds.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2014-07-28 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can pvp, grid shinys etc. There is also a looker quest.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got to admit, I really disliked Gen 5, but it certainly had a really fulfilling and satisfactory end-game. I never felt like I had nothing to do.

Going from the most rich end-game to what we have now is a bit of a letdown.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

you couldnt catch mewtwo until hg/ss.

if you went to cerulean cave in g/s/c the entrance was caved in
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

low ratings and poor toy sales is a legitimate reason for cancellation. alot of people seem to forget that cartoons are made for kids not adults. they arent a charity.

if kids stopped watching pokemon and the only people that watched it were adults and none of the toys for it sold and adults stopped buying the games then even if adults watched it the show would get cancelled.

adventure time doesnt get cancelled because ALOT of boys ages 8 - 12 watch it AND the merchandise sells well. it also happens to appeal to adults and teenagers and thats fine thats EXTRA money. however they are not a charity they are in the business to make money and if it isnt hitting their key demo or if its a vehicle for toys and those toys dont sell well it doesnt matter how much adults like it thats not going to make them money.
    You miss my point.

They'll damn it to the worst timeslot, which is basically shooting themselves in the foot. Also, they put out very little advertisement for their shows, even online (unless it's Pokemon or Adventure Time, both of which have an extremely large ADULT following), so kids don't watch them. What's even sadder is that less and less children [people in general, too] give a shit about watching television, so it's a dying medium. As for toy sales, I'm not even joking when I say Cartoon Network doesn't even try to sell the toys for some shows (unless it's Ben 10 or Pokemon or something).

And okay, just because something's for a younger audience doesn't give it an excuse to be bad. I can go back and watch some shows I liked as a kid (like the old POWERPUFF GIRLS, Dexter's Lab, etc.) and still enjoy them to this day. I went and watched Ultimate Spiderman. I'll admit, I haven't read the comics in years and I don't mind being reintroduced to Spiderman constantly. I don't mind seeing different takes on the character or his story being changed. But that was just horrible. As a child, I would have hated every second of it's poorly-written script, lame humor, terrible animation, and bad voice acting. A kid's show can be done right. Look at the He-Man reboot from like 2003! It was GOOD! But it was really released in the wrong time, I feel, and it suffered from the poor toy sale curse.

Spiderman is safe. Spiderman sells. Anything with the Spiderman label marketed towards kids is *almost* guaranteed to be a success because it's Spiderman. Disney plays it easy and safe. It's there for one reason; not to give entertainment to children, but to sell toys. Therefore it's just a shallow, hollow show because it doesn't have reason to step out of its bounds.

Remember Tron: Uprising. REMEMBER TRON: UPRISING. *cries* The one that was good. The one that -tried-. One of their few shows that actually took a chance and a risk.

Either your show will be mediocre or sub-par even when it's at its best, or it's going to be entirely unwatchable as an adult or fan of any kind. That's the Disney XD curse. It'd probably be more enjoyable if it were on Cartoon Network, but not last long.

On Pokemon:
    And "if adults stopped buying the games and children stopped watching the show and buying toys"...of course it would fail, that's their ENTIRE market. Children and adults. That's like saying "if everyone died then Pokemon would have to stop".

I know a -lot- of adults that still collect Pokemon toys. A lot. I mean, Nintendo would be hurtin' if the kids stopped enjoying Pokemon, but they'd likely survive (at least in America) for a while off their 15-25 year old fans.

(I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to be honest.)

Now, back to more related notes.

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS, THE RELAUNCH OF THE POKEMON CENTER ONLINE STORE... ONE WEEK. GET HYPED.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2014-07-28 at 07:43 PM.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Deleted
    This happened today:

I was breeding for a trade and I didn't know that Destiny Knot does. One hour passes and I am still having 1 IV breeds, and I'm like: "This is taking long... Well told me that if I put the ditto with a charmander, it will be done fast". He comes over and asks how's it going. I tell him what I do, and he facepalms: "WHY U NO FUCKING USE DESTINY KNOT?" I'm like: "What's that?" He facepalms again and expains.

30 minutes later I hatch a shiny charmander (40 eggs in). No shiny charm too.

HE WAS SO MAD
    Last edited by mmoc6948d25b15; 2014-07-28 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I went and watched Ultimate Spiderman. I'll admit, I haven't read the comics in years and I don't mind being reintroduced to Spiderman constantly. I don't mind seeing different takes on the character or his story being changed. But that was just horrible. As a child, I would have hated every second of it's poorly-written script, lame humor, terrible animation, and bad voice acting. A kid's show can be done right. Look at the He-Man reboot from like 2003! It was GOOD! But it was really released in the wrong time, I feel, and it suffered from the poor toy sale curse.

Spiderman is safe. Spiderman sells. Anything with the Spiderman label marketed towards kids is *almost* guaranteed to be a success because it's Spiderman. Disney plays it easy and safe. It's there for one reason; not to give entertainment to children, but to sell toys. Therefore it's just a shallow, hollow show because it doesn't have reason to step out of its bounds.
    What really adds insult to injury with Ultimate Spider-Man is that Spectacular Spider-Man, which came before it and before Disney bought Marvel was really, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAllKnowing View Post
    This happened today:

I was breeding for a trade and I didn't know that Destiny Knot does. One hour passes and I am still having 1 IV breeds, and I'm like: "This is taking long... Well told me that if I put the ditto with a charmander, it will be done fast". He comes over and asks how's it going. I tell him what I do, and he facepalms: "WHY U NO FUCKING USE DESTINY KNOT?" I'm like: "What's that?" He facepalms again and expains.

30 minutes later I hatch a shiny charmander (40 eggs in). No shiny charm too.

HE WAS SO MAD
    Nice! It took me like ten boxes full of just charmanders to get my shiny. xD

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh pokemon center is not for EU.

Continental U.S.
    Alaska and Hawaii
    APO = Army Post Office
    FPO = Fleet Post Office

Army...seriosly!

the people at cartoon network dont like dc shows because they make less money off of them then their own shows, so yes they will put it in a worse timeslot because not only does it appeal more to teens and girls (which cartoon network DOES NOT want, they want young boys not girls or teens or adults) but it doesnt make them as much money as their own shows do. and yes they wouldnt advertise it as much because they would rather advertise their own shows that they make more money off of.

adventure time has a large adult and teen following. but it has a HUGE young boy following. its one of the highest rated television shows for boys 8 - 12 which is their main demographic. the rest is as i said before extra money.

and no ultimate spider-man is not terrible. it doesnt hit the mark all the time and it started off slow but its a perfectly fine show. if you are going to compare every show to dexters lab and other classic cartoons then yeah they arent all going to be that good.

the deadpool episode for example was great.

tron uprising was great, i loved that show. but nobody watched it. it got very low ratings.

theres also no real evidence that television is a dying medium. television will never die out. theres more ways to gain access to television programs and new mediums raising up around it but television isnt dying off.

the television medium is simply expanding. not dying off.

the internet has a much bigger impact on the movie industry then it does on the television industry.

television and the internet can mesh together much much better and they can coexist much much better then movies can.

the internet has completely destroyed dvd sales and music sales but its barely touched the tv industry because television is already so accessible on a large scale and doesnt cost consumers nearly as much money as dvds and cds did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    What really adds insult to injury with Ultimate Spider-Man is that Spectacular Spider-Man, which came before it and before Disney bought Marvel was really, really good.

spectacular spidey is about the same quality as ultimate spidey.

the only arc i think it did better was the venom arc and it started off better.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

i still have the spectacular spider-man theme in my head.

plus ultimate spidey is going to have a tie in event with spider-verse where a bunch of other spideys show up.

ultimate spider-man beats spectacular based off ben reily and miles morales alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    i still have the spectacular spider-man theme in my head.
    it definitely had one of the greatest spidey theme songs

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Nice! It took me like ten boxes full of just charmanders to get my shiny. xD
    What? That's bs, it took me like 400 eg.....oh wait, I don't have shiny charmander :/

10+ Year Old Account
    For comparison i find max steel better than new spiderman.
    Storywise. Spiderman has so many plootholes compared to original comics.

Managed to fix it:

the sad part is. even the worst of ultimate spider-man is better then the movies.

andrew garfield is no bueno

sooner amazing spider-man 3 comes out and his contract runs out the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    For comparison i find max steel better than new spiderman.
    Storywise. Spiderman has so many plootholes compared to original comics.

Managed to fix it:
    i like max steel but its kind of confusing about what it wants to be.

on one hand they somewhat have a plot they are trying to follow but on the other hand you can tell a ton of the shit they do is because it would make a good toy.

its like one part toy vehicle lets throw awesome looking stuff in for no reason and other part lets make a story and it just gets jumbled up.

but its great background viewing for when you're doing other stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

the main thing i think holding ultimate spidey back is the ensemble cast.

if they just focused on spidey it would be amazing. all of the buddy lite episodes are great. iron fist and power man are okay but white tiger and nova tend to just get in the way.

next season hes supposed to be leaving the whole shield thing behind and joining the avengers though so that plus web warriors i think will really boost the shows quality

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    next season hes supposed to be leaving the whole shield thing behind and joining the avengers though so that plus web warriors i think will really boost the shows quality
    So what will happen to Avengers Assemble then? Those two shows do share an universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So what will happen to Avengers Assemble then? Those two shows do share an universe.
    hopefully canned for EMH's return.