Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's just sad really.
    Because fuck different opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Black and White 2 maybe. Black and white 1? No. Too boring.
    i liked black and white more than black and white 2. bw2 felt to short and the elite four was way to easy. i managed to beat the elite four like 20 levels before i was supposed to with pretty much just charizard and zoroark.

overal b/w2 was just to easy i dont think i ever lost a battle until end game

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 03:55 PM ----------

i also really disliked how the original trainer from b/w never showed up. i had avoided spoilers so when i got to the champion i was so disappointed i was expecting gen 5s version of the red battle
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Because fuck different opinions!
    Class act level of cluelessness.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Class act level of cluelessness.
    I'd advise you to get off the thread if you keep acting like that. The thread is about pokemon, not you spitting crap on our opinions and likings.

Gen4 (as with honestly every pokemon game released) was a great adventure for me. I enjoyed it immensely while playing every one of them, and I still recall the days when I was progressing into them. I played Gen5's story more than 5 times with a different team each time, and I enjoyed it so much, I actually got both versions (both black & white, so I can keep my full black good, and make a new game on white, out of my very limited money I can afford). Gen4 was so great for me because I ALMOST completed the pokedex back then. I think I missed 4 pokemon to complete it.

also the thing is, they had the technology to make it happen, they had that key unlock thingamajig in black/white 2 they couldve easily taken your team from there that you won the championship with and make that be the champion... but they didnt... they made iris champion....
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also the thing is, they had the technology to make it happen, they had that key unlock thingamajig in black/white 2 they couldve easily taken your team from there that you won the championship with and make that be the champion... but they didnt... they made iris champion....
    Yep. Iris being champion is the one thing I don't like in B2/W2.

i think i also didnt like bw2 as much because i had completed the pokedex in b/w and was pretty burned out on pokemon for awhile after finishing it

i like the idea of a fairy type especially on mawwile it gives older pokemon a shot to be played in the meta game more now. everyone is going for chespin..and thats fine and all maybe a dark type other then the usual 3 can get a shot at something now. im still going for froakie as my starter ive not had a water type starter..pretty much ever...that and we all know poliwrath is quite lame.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont find Chespin very interesting, but i generally have a dislike for Grass types.

Im planning to go with Froakie as my starter. Praying he turns out like this:

In Gen5 you couldnt get any fishing rod til after the game ends and good Water types were scarce, and i find Fire types horrible to use unless theyre sweepers because their weaknesses are too common, but i think i'll have to look at the Kalos Dex before i make a final decision.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 07:44 AM ----------

I liked Iris as champion.

Her battle theme was so catchy. Granted i destroyed her team with ease. WTB more trainers to fight like Cynthia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    In Gen5 you couldnt get any fishing rod til after the game ends and good Water types were scarce, and i find Fire types horrible to use unless theyre sweepers because their weaknesses are too common, but i think i'll have to look at the Kalos Dex before i make a final decision.
    I ususally take the fire Starter, because it usually ends up being a pretty good sweeper for the normal playthrough. (Gen 5 being the only exception so far)

Especially in Gen 4, Monferno with Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Rock Slide and Earthquake demolished absolutely everything.

I dont find Chespin very interesting, but i generally have a dislike for Grass types.
    Im planning to go with Froakie as my starter. Praying he turns out like this:

I liked Iris as champion.
    Her battle theme was so catchy. Granted i destroyed her team with ease. WTB more trainers to fight like Cynthia.
    I really hope Froakie ends up badass like that. It'd be cooler if he was part fighting. A new water/fighting pokemon would be nice. Helluva lot better than yet ANOTHER fire/fighting type. Hell, I'd take him as a pure water type. I tend to be drawn to the water types more than most others, except in gen3. My issue with Iris as champion is because she's pretty much all dragons. Pretty easy to counter. I like it when the champion has a mix of pokemon that you can't just throw out one of your own pokemon and have it one shot everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    My issue with Iris as champion is because she's pretty much all dragons. Pretty easy to counter. I like it when the champion has a mix of pokemon that you can't just throw out one of your own pokemon and have it one shot everything.
    Wallace from Emerald was the worst.

All Water types. What.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    I really hope Froakie ends up badass like that. It'd be cooler if he was part fighting. A new water/fighting pokemon would be nice. Helluva lot better than yet ANOTHER fire/fighting type. Hell, I'd take him as a pure water type. I tend to be drawn to the water types more than most others, except in gen3. My issue with Iris as champion is because she's pretty much all dragons. Pretty easy to counter. I like it when the champion has a mix of pokemon that you can't just throw out one of your own pokemon and have it one shot everything.
    I am personally waiting for gym leaders to start straying away from only using one type of pokemon.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Wallace from Emerald was the worst.
    All Water types. What.
    Yeah, I think the champion should always have a varied team, not something I can just toss one pokemon at and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I am personally waiting for gym leaders to start straying away from only using one type of pokemon.
    Unlikely to happen anytime soon. The theming of gyms is something I see as unlikely to go away any time soon. I definitely wouldn't mind if they stopped theming with the elite four, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope waifu...err Cynthia returns in Kalos.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    everyone is going for chespin..and thats fine and all maybe a dark type other then the usual 3 can get a shot at something now. im still going for froakie as my starter ive not had a water type starter..pretty much ever...that and we all know poliwrath is quite lame.
    As far as I've seen nearly everybody is going for Fennekin, which I honestly think looks pretty bad, even if I think all 3 starters look pretty bad right now at least the other 2 have potential, Fennekin is just doomed to be something I don't like. I hope Chespin turns out to become badass, I've always liked grass starters the most, but if he turns out bad, then I'll put my faith in Froakie. So basically Chespin > Froakie > Fennekin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    As far as I've seen nearly everybody is going for Fennekin, which I honestly think looks pretty bad, even if I think all 3 starters look pretty bad right now at least the other 2 have potential, Fennekin is just doomed to be something I don't like. I hope Chespin turns out to become badass, I've always liked grass starters the most, but if he turns out bad, then I'll put my faith in Froakie. So basically Chespin > Froakie > Fennekin.
    I... what?

10+ Year Old Account
    I... what?
    Meh, I think most starters look pretty awful. Their final evolution is another story though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Meh, I think most starters look pretty awful. Their final evolution is another story though.
    This is the first time after the first gen that I actually REALLY like all of the starters.
    Gen 4 was close, but there is something off about Turtwig.

I... what?
    It's as simple as I don't find them very compelling, but then again, the only generation where I like all of the 1st stage starters is 1st generation, Chikorita kills it for 2nd gen, Torchic kills it for 3rd, Turtwig is okay but the other two in 4th gen are pretty uninteresting, and with both 5th and 6th gen I don't like any of the 1st stage starters. I just hope 6th gen doesn't follow the same route as 5th where even all of the fully evolved starters don't look cool to me. It's pretty much the same story for me with the newly revealed 6th gen Pokémon, none of them look very great imo, but I see some potential in the bird and the electric type's evolutions. That's what I try to do with most 1st stage Pokémon, see if their evolutions have potential, because frankly there's very few Pokémon which look as good in their early stages as they do when fully evolved (only Magnemite compared to Magnezone spring to mind.)