Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Don't trust FB, unless it's 100% their site and not a fansite.
    Plus I'd rather have confirmation from Serebii.
    They have not been wrong yet. I find Bulbapedia to be a good scours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expected to go for a Fire team this gen but MegaAbsol has so much want.
    If they do a MegaArcanine that's as badass as MegaAbsol I'll never stop fangasming.

Also the REAL important question:
    Is it
    a) Just Blaziken
    b) All Hoenn starters
    c) all starters
    that get a Mega Evolution?

Because if it's c) SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, I WANT MEGACHARIZARD
    I was thinking of throwing my usual caution to the wind and going fire-heavy this time because I just can't resist the temptation of using awesome firefox, awesome firebird, and awesome firelion.

But if they go and fuck with my beautiful Arcanine I will be so mad. I really don't like it when they go back to old favorites and "improve" upon them, aesthetically. All it's bound to do is upset some people and please some people, instead of leaving it how it is how all of those previous people already like it.

I also think MegaAbsol looks like an emo high school kid. >.> He kind of always has, I guess? but the "I M A FALLEN ANGEL PLS SAVE ME" wings kind of... make him.. look... eh.. >.> (This is of course all personal opinion. I'm glad SOMEONE likes them, at least.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    They have not been wrong yet. I find Bulbapedia to be a good scours.
    Yeah Serebii has it too, sorry.
    Also I'm doing fine, about to stream Castle for Muffin.

if it is temporary i dont see it happening during the actual battle. changing types, stats, abilities, and all that in the middle of a battle seems like way to much confusion. if it is temporary it will probably be temporary in the sense that you can "deevolve" them with some kind of item or something
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Temporary only? That sucks bad Why not have some permanent mega absol?

Let's hope that by temporary they mean that you can visit an NPC or something, change the form and return it to the original form when you feel like it.

Mid-battling evolution would be... strange, at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I was thinking of throwing my usual caution to the wind and going fire-heavy this time because I just can't resist the temptation of using awesome firefox, awesome firebird, and awesome firelion.

But if they go and fuck with my beautiful Arcanine I will be so mad. I really don't like it when they go back to old favorites and "improve" upon them, aesthetically. All it's bound to do is upset some people and please some people, instead of leaving it how it is how all of those previous people already like it.

I also think MegaAbsol looks like an emo high school kid. >.> He kind of always has, I guess? but the "I M A FALLEN ANGEL PLS SAVE ME" wings kind of... make him.. look... eh.. >.> (This is of course all personal opinion. I'm glad SOMEONE likes them, at least.)
    Don't get me wrong; Arcanine is my favourite and the Sun team I use occasionally for competitive battling is fun (up to the point where Arcanine was alone against three opponents at once and came out on top <3) and I wouldn't forgive them if they did something bad to it, but Arcanine has potential to be even more badass if they do it correctly.
    If not ... eh, I'll just use normal Arcanine.
    Plus yeah, I do love MegaAbsol's looks. Been waiting for a Yin & Yang evolution of it for a while now and this is close enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if it is temporary i dont see it happening during the actual battle. changing types, stats, abilities, and all that in the middle of a battle seems like way to much confusion. if it is temporary it will probably be temporary in the sense that you can "deevolve" them with some kind of item or something
    It's not an on-use item that changes it, it's right off the bat - you send out your Pokémon, held item activates, boom.
    Doesn't differ from sending out a Pokémon with that type / ability / whatever.
    View it as the Air Balloon that technically gives you an ability, just that this changes your looks and makes you look more badass.

i dont get the whole ruining thing. if you dont like it just dont evolve them. theres nothing keeping you from pressing b
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    ... I want mah Mega-Charizard >.<

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Heh, I just noticed.
    In my randomized HeartGold nuzlocke my Ampharos was a Dragon type.
    I SAW IT COMING.

It's not an on-use item that changes it, it's right off the bat - you send out your Pokémon, held item activates, boom.
    Doesn't differ from sending out a Pokémon with that type / ability / whatever.
    View it as the Air Balloon that technically gives you an ability, just that this changes your looks and makes you look more badass.
    oh good. the way people were talking i thought they meant something like how cherrim changes during sunnyday but with an item

Deleted
    i dont get the whole ruining thing. if you dont like it just dont evolve them. theres nothing keeping you from pressing b
    If it really is battle only then it's not even that, it's just not giving them the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... I want mah Mega-Charizard >.<
    yes anything that has the chance of removing flying type. from my little fire dragon

Deleted
    oh good. the way people were talking i thought they meant something like how cherrim changes during sunnyday but with an item
    Of course this is just the way I came to understand it so far since we have no official statement on it.
    But it seems to be that way.

If it really is battle only then it's not even that, it's just not giving them the item.
    im sure there little summary page thingy will show it otherwise it might irritate people trying to ev train a mega

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing keeping me from not using that item at all*

And if it is just an item that causes a temporary form? I'm more than happy to accept it. Fine, it's just a mechanic I'll never use, just like lots of other things I already don't care to bother with in Pokemon (such as competitive battling items and all of those.)

My initial reaction was, before any translations, "If that's a new evolution, I'm going to be pissed because it looks dumb and it's unnecessary."
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Probably because if it was a normal evolution they could hold the eve stone and gain +50 def/spdef making them increasingly stronger then it needs to be.

However in battle evolutions are a failure imo. It worked out so well for mellotta right?

However Mega absol evo will be on my team

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Serebii has it too, sorry.
    Also I'm doing fine, about to stream Castle for Muffin.
    Np and awesome. I read on there twitter post of a Torchic with speed boost, holding an item called the Blaziken Knight (or Blazikenite). Its to come out on Oct 12th and go to Jan 14th and form the sounds of it might be connected to Mega Blaziken.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-08-08 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Added date

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Np and awesome. I read on there twitter post of a Torchic with speed boost, holding an item called the Blaziken Knight (or Blazikenite). Its to come out in Jan and form the sounds of it might be connected to Mega Blaziken.
    The item will be held by Torchic as promotion and go from October 12 till mid-January or so, yes.

maybe when the battle starts the pokemon will go super saiyan or somethin O-O

GO LUCARIO

"pfft lucario i gonna kill dis bish"

GOIN MEGA LEVEL @_@

"oh shiz dis aint no normal lucario"

10+ Year Old Account
    The item will be held by Torchic as promotion and go from October 12 till mid-January or so, yes.
    Ok, I got some of the date wrong ty. Sounds great. Blaziken is my favored Pokemon.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-08-08 at 07:33 PM.