Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    N
    Sorry Vito, my internet decided to go ''LOLNOPE''. so i caught another female Ivysaur while waiting for my net to get back ,and guess what?

Chlorophyll. AW YE
    No problem I seem to be unlucky with any fem saurs in your saf, so less work to do.

Edit: Got fem with Chlorophyll as I was writing.

Shiny. :3
    I knew yours safari gonna be lucky for me.

Deleted
    Wokay. Gonna update here once i get home. (count 2 hours, i'd say)

Quote Originally Posted by Deiol View Post

Took a couple days to trade around for the last ~50 or so Pokemon, but finally done!
    So, do I ask you to trade a pokemon back and forth until I show I have all of them? Would be hours long project!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Woooo 6IV female bagon. That didn't take too long. Can just ignore going to check IV's now, will save me some time.
    Now for that green lil' dragon to pop!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Woooo 6IV female bagon. That didn't take too long. Can just ignore going to check IV's now, will save me some time.
    Keep in mind 1 of 6 stats still gonna be randomly rolled, so not all offspring will have a perfect 5IV lineup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Keep in mind 1 of 6 stats still gonna be randomly rolled, so not all offspring will have a perfect 5IV lineup.
    I'm well aware.
    All of my hatched shinies miss 1 (or 2 tops) perfect IV's because of that. Still, a 6IV mother is always best for breeding a mixed sweeper. Usually you can skip either attack or special attack but would rather have both if possible on this one.

Has anyone else heard of the Time-Machine breeding method?

It's CRAZY and apparently not as hard as people make it sound when they're explaining it.

Pretend I have a charmander (female) and a gible (male). Take both to the battle institute so you can calculate exact IV's with an online calculator.

Let's say the charmander has 31/31/31/7/12/18
    Let's say the gible has 14/8/0/31/31/31

I give one a destiny knot and the other an everstone and take them to the daycare.

The man turns around and has an egg for me. Reject it. Save. Wait for him to turn around with another egg and accept it. Hatch it, take it to the battle institute, check it's IV's, and you find it has 31/31/0/18/12/31. This means you now KNOW for a fact that it inherited HP, Attack, and special defense, from the FEMALE. And it inherited defense and speed from the MALE.

Now, (the crazy part). Restart the game so it goes to the save right after you rejected the egg. Replace the parents to a MALE (ANY POKEMON, preferably a ditto or else one in the egg group of the female) with perfect defense and speed, and a female (Any pokemon you desire) with perfect HP, Attack, and Special Defense. Make sure one has the destiny knot again.

The next time the guy turns around to give you an egg, it's going to inherit the same IV's as it did before you restarted. Your offspring will now have perfect HP, Attack, Defense, Special Defense, and Speed. The special attack will be random.

Voila! Perfection without wasting lots of box space!

You can keep rejecting egg, saving, and seeing what the spread of the next hatched pokemon will be until you get one that you like and have pokemon for to make it perfect.

Deleted
    I've read about that before, but given you need to hatch and go check an egg one by one, I don't see too much time gained in that method tbh. It also assumes you have a ton of 2-3 perfect IV pokemon (with alternating perfect ones) of the same species and no 5 IV one. 4-5IV ones are far from hard to come by imo. Just asking on this forum alone should easily get you a 5IV one from almost any egg group.

Hi guys!

I finished the game a couple of days ago (the Elite Four were really easy, and the only 'mon that could KO one of mine was the Champion's MegaVoir) and just finished my Totodile breeding project with a 5IV Toto missing SpA. Thanks Vito for the grandfather! It was great getting the final one having started with a 3IV Toto and a 2IV Ditto.

So, I've got around four 5IV and half a box of 4IV Totodiles in my PC that anyone can get hold of. If anyone wants one, I'll be online late tonight or tomorrow. All of them with egg moves.

My next project will be getting an Umbreon, with the help of Archimand's Eevee
    FC: 3497-1179-1801 // Gamboa
    Friend Safari - Ice: Spheal, Bergmite, ?

I read Bagon as Bacon, and then when I read the 'Now for that green lil' dragon to pop!' I was like "Don't ruin perfection with cooking it!" before I double checked the whole thing and had a chuckle.
    Pokemon FS FC 3153-5071-0819 The Adrian. Grass Safari w/ Swadloon-Maractus-Sunkern.

I've read about that before, but given you need to hatch and go check an egg one by one, I don't see too much time gained in that method tbh. It also assumes you have a ton of 2-3 perfect IV pokemon (with alternating perfect ones) of the same species and no 5 IV one. 4-5IV ones are far from hard to come by imo. Just asking on this forum alone should easily get you a 5IV one from almost any egg group.
    Well, kind of. Technically, you could have a single crappy pokemon and a 6 IV ditto, and just see what stats are inherited from each. You can do it a couple times and find one that the ditto is passing 3 or 4, and the other one is passing one. Then you just have to have the pokemon you want have only that stat maxed, which is pretty easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurien View Post
    Hi guys!

I finished the game a couple of days ago (the Elite Four were really easy, and the only 'mon that could KO one of mine was the Champion's MegaVoir) and just finished my Totodile breeding project with a 5IV Toto missing SpA. Thanks Vito for the grandfather! It was great getting the final one having started with a 3IV Toto and a 2IV Ditto.

So, I've got around four 5IV and half a box of 4IV Totodiles in my PC that anyone can get hold of. If anyone wants one, I'll be online late tonight or tomorrow. All of them with egg moves.

My next project will be getting an Umbreon, with the help of Archimand's Eevee
    I'm really glad my only 100% succesful project is being spread around. Cheers.

hai guyz !

my leftovers still up for grabs

for demonhuntr, i call Danmakus little youkai,he call me alice :P
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    When I get my battery back, I'm going for a Lucario breeding project. Gonna be pain in ass since every parent swap will require going through befriending process.
    But it will be worth it.

Deleted
    When I get my battery back, I'm going for a Lucario breeding project. Gonna be pain in ass since every parent swap will require going through befriending process.
    But it will be worth it.
    It's surprisingly fast with soothe bell and befriending o-power + exp power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    It's surprisingly fast with soothe bell and befriending o-power + exp power.
    That's obvious and what I do. Still annoying when you gotta do it every time.

That's obvious and what I do. Still annoying when you gotta do it every time.
    I had to do that with togepi's. I didn't think about the O-power, but it took me 5 minutes with a soothe bell just walking constantly in a circle in the middle of lumiose.

Deleted
    Aye. Time it by number of parents swaps (I do lots since I don't have perfect ditto) and you get the time I have to waste.

Aye. Time it by number of parents swaps (I do lots since I don't have perfect ditto) and you get the time I have to waste.
    If you have one Lucario with even just 2 perfect IVs, you can do the Time Machine trick. This is at least one case where it would come in handy.

...so the GTS really works, huh. Getting uncatchables for level 1 Absols...I don't understand it.