Thread: Pokémon!

Advantage of Nidoking is that he takes little damage from entry hazards (and soaks Toxic Spikes), outspeeds all non-Scarfed Pokémon and is almost never OHKO'd by most priority move users. (Also makes it possible to easily revenge kill full health Pokémon which most priority revenge killers can't). But yeah priority is kinda OP at the moment :P I just dislike the lack of power with most moves.

Scarf Garchomp is a bitch yeah, the power that he has.... damn :P
    Last edited by Mutthearkin; 2014-04-06 at 02:10 PM.

True dat.

My Nidoking is just a wallbreaker/Quiver Dance receiver. Tho I use Flamethrower over Thunderbolt.

I had trouble with water/flying Pokémon so I needed the Thunderbolt. Life Orb after a Baton Pass of 1-2 Quiver Dance... now that is painful especially on a Modest Nidoking because you will outspeed everything after 1-2 Dances anyway

Yeah bulky waters run everywhere.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing about spring break/summer is there's nothing much to do at all

Exception to wow or youtube or sj, there isn't much to do

o hai guyz, been Millennium since ive been here

d3 and wow soak all my time.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post

Eyo

Well, nothing much here, complaining about how bored I am at the time being w/o no wow(didn't bring a Lacie(or whatever those things are called) with me)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post

D3 has been like my whole life over the past few weeks. That and halfheartedly breeding before I jump back on D3. >.>
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Smogons B/W entry for Farfetch'd is awesome. Also, the Duck needs love in the form of a mega evolution.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Smogons B/W entry for Farfetch'd is awesome. Also, the Duck needs love in the form of a mega evolution.
    Unknown's is even better.

"Literally nothing can counter or check almighty Unown, as it is a force to be reckoned with by all teams. Well, nothing unless you face that rare opposing Pokemon that's either faster, has a damaging move, resists its Hidden Power type, has an existent Special Defense stat, has a priority move, or is just not Unown."

Deleted
    I still want to breed myself a shiny nidoking at some point, but 60% chance for HA only on top of 50% of gender issues is really what's holding me back. I think he'd be great as a scarfer with his amazing movepool.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    I still want to breed myself a shiny nidoking at some point, but 60% chance for HA only on top of 50% of gender issues is really what's holding me back. I think he'd be great as a scarfer with his amazing movepool.
    Even with Masuda Method plus both parents being 5 IV the chances of 5 IV shiny Sheer Force 5 IV male Nidoran would = 1/27,300.
    Last edited by Mepeteatu; 2014-04-06 at 06:28 PM.

Deleted
    Shiny 1/456 roughly.
    Male 1/2 exactly.
    HA 3/5 exactly.
    5 IV's perfect 19.28% (not to mention I don't mind some worse spreads tbh, as long as it's not overly crappy like 0 HP). Let's say 5/26.

1/7904, your numbers are slightly off. Male and sheer force and shiny are most important, that's only 1/1520 and then get lucky with non-crappy IV roll.

O you have Shiny Charm as well.

Didn't calculate that.

Also I thought it was a 1/6 chance (16.67%) for having a 5 IV poke baby if having 5 IV parents.
    Last edited by Mepeteatu; 2014-04-06 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    Ofcourse I got shiny charm. Same day as bank was released if I'm not mistaken. ^^

And that 5IV is a primitive way of looking at it. It's 1/6 + 5/6*1/32. The latter being contributed ofcourse because of rng'ing HP/Defense/SpAtt/SpDef/Speed but with a 1/32 chance of it being rolled perfect anyway. So yeah, slightly higher, closer to 1/5 than 1/6 actually, so not completely irrelevant imo.

O right....

How much does the shiny charm add? Is it same as Masuda?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokémaths, we does them!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Pokémaths, we does them!
    Like....

A lot of dat stuff

Deleted
    Shiny charm MM-breeding odds are mostly from the data sample of hundred of thousands of eggs that they gathered on smogon. 1/456 would correspond with 9/4096 which would be in line with how it influenced odds in B/W. It's not 100% confirmed but it's been roughly the odds I've been seeing with my hatches, and I'll just take it as being true because of the sample size. Untill someone comes up with a proper argument as to why it would be different ofcourse.

Yeah I saw the spreadsheet on smogon back when they started it.

So many numbers....