Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Fun fact: That was amongst the first draft of names before I settled to Wendy. Guess it'll fit her sister then

Name given. I can trade at any time.

Modest, Trace, 31/x/31/31/31/31, Luxury Ball.
    Aggron approves. Will be right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm...would a Heavy Ball fit an Aggron? If yes: What do i need to do to get a Male Aron in ah eavy ball with eggm oves?

Thanks for the trade Gwendolyn will be one of Ferrum's five shields once he sets sail to Hoenn!

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Whats up with the Aggron love?
    He is the try-hard little brother to Rhydon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Hey guys,

Casual pokemon player here. I don't battle but I love collecting and getting em' to lv 100.

If at all possible, could someone answer two questions for me?

1 ) That legendary rock/fairy pokemon... what's the deal with it? I know pokemon company likes building hype and stalling things. But I don't know whether they're just taking forever or I'm missing something.

2 ) 700 on my pokedex. I'm just missing 2 normal types and everything else is super tough for me to get. Does anyone know any possible ways to get stuff like Miletto or Mew? Action replay made ultra-rare pokemon but couldn't transfer in x/y (oddly enough? My action replayed Lugia and shiny Rapidash was fine!)

Best,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    BLASPHEMY!

Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    Hmmm...would a Heavy Ball fit an Aggron? If yes: What do i need to do to get a Male Aron in ah eavy ball with eggm oves?
    I think you can't, the only chance would be from HG/SS but you get Aron and Lairon in the Safari so Safari Ball.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I think you can't, the only chance would be from HG/SS but you get Aron and Lairon in the Safari so Safari Ball.
    Well that sucks...

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansTrolley View Post
    Hey guys,0
    Casual pokemon player here. I don't battle but I love collecting and getting em' to lv 100.
    If at all possible, could someone answer two questions for me?
    1 ) That legendary rock/fairy pokemon... what's the deal with it? I know pokemon company likes building hype and stalling things. But I don't know whether they're just taking forever or I'm missing something.
    2 ) 700 on my pokedex. I'm just missing 2 normal types and everything else is super tough for me to get. Does anyone know any possible ways to get stuff like Miletto or Mew? Action replay made ultra-rare pokemon but couldn't transfer in x/y (oddly enough? My action replayed Lugia and shiny Rapidash was fine!)
    Best,
    As far as permanently acquiring them I can't help, but if nobody responds the first time to your comment mate, make sure to repost it towards the top of the next page. Lots of folks on here trade with each other just for poke'dex info then back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Aggron is in every way better than Rhydon, in my opinion. And I say that liking all Rhydon family members.

man i really need to finish x ive come up with the perfect ending for the story O-O

gonna has you all like

also this should be what mega raichu looks like

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Ferrum the Aron
    Gwendolyn the Ralts
    Saltare the Lotad

3 more slots left for my Hoenn only team for Omega Ruby, any sugestions?

Also, if you want to compare Aggron to a member of Rhydon family go with Rhyperior, 3rd stage vs. 3rd stage. And like that Rhyperior > Aggron (competitively).
    Mega Aggron vs Rhyperior is a matter of is it worth using your mega spot on Aggron imo.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2014-07-08 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Also, if you want to compare Aggron to a member of Rhydon family go with Rhyperior, 3rd evo vs. 3rd evo. And like that Rhyperior > Aggron (competitively).
    Mega Aggron vs Rhyperior is a matter of is it worth using your mega spot on Aggron imo.
    I think Aggron > Rhyperior. Rhyperior also gets outclassed by its pre-evo with eviolite stat-wise. And if you want a tank you can always mega-evo Aggron. All in one.

Deleted
    Rhyperior has two 4x weaknesses and four 2x weaknesses and all of them pretty common, Mega Aggron has three 2x weaknesses, and two of them are virtually physical attacks only. It also has way more Defence (230 base stat is pretty fucking sick ) and somewhat higher Sdef and is a bit faster, Rhyperior does have the HP edge by quite large margin.

If you want to use an offensive mon, They are pretty tied, Rhydon having superior Attack while Aggron has access to recoilless Head Smash. Defensively spoken, my vote goes to Mega Aggron.

Deleted
    Rhyperior has two 4x weaknesses and four 2x weaknesses and all of them pretty common, Mega Aggron has three 2x weaknesses, and two of them are virtually physical attacks only. It also has way more Defence and somewhat higher Sdef and is a bit faster, Rhyperior does have the HP edge by quite large margin.

If you want to use an offensive mon, They are pretty tied, Rhydon having superior Attack while Aggron has access to recoilless Head Smash. Defensively spoken, my vote goes to Mega Aggron.
    Aggron also has tons of resistances. Rhyperior can't even Head Smash. Would be cool, since eviolite Rhydon has access to Rock Head. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Aggron also has tons of resistances. Rhyperior can't even Head Smash. Would be cool, since eviolite Rhydon has access to Rock Head. :/
    I hope they'll fix that in ORAS. Or rather not actually. AggronSmash is only smash.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any Lotad would be nice. Still not sure what set i'll use
    If you've not got your hands on one when I finish work I'll try and arrange a trade with you before I take the fiancee out to dinner =) I should be able to give you something with good IVs and, I'd have thought, any useful egg moves that lotad has. Think mine are Swift Swim, but turning that to Rain Dish (which might be better if you want something wallier) should be easy enough as its not a HA.

Deleted
    I hope they'll fix that in ORAS. Or rather not actually. AggronSmash is only smash.
    Hey that's my Aggron name (the offensive one). :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking of putting an eveolite rhydon in my lower tier team i'm building, always liked the mon, and would make a good physically defensive mon and can chuck rocks up ^__^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuniku View Post
    I was thinking of putting an eveolite rhydon in my lower tier team i'm building, always liked the mon, and would make a good physically defensive mon and can chuck rocks up ^__^
    I'm actually surprised Rhydon is listed in lower tier than Rhyperior (and both are listed lower than Aggron for that matter). For me eviolite Rhydon seems like a better option on paper. It gets only +10 to each stat except Speed upon evolving and a tanky ability which is rendered useless by the number of it's weaknesses and low SpDef. Maybe the moves it gets access to after evo are crucial?
    Last edited by mmoc8ded9ea3f2; 2014-07-08 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuniku View Post
    If you've not got your hands on one when I finish work I'll try and arrange a trade with you before I take the fiancee out to dinner =) I should be able to give you something with good IVs and, I'd have thought, any useful egg moves that lotad has. Think mine are Swift Swim, but turning that to Rain Dish (which might be better if you want something wallier) should be easy enough as its not a HA.
    Swift Swim with Giga Drain/Leech Seed as egg moves if you can I can get the Nature/IV's myself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    I'm actually surprised Rhydon is listed in lower tier than Rhyperior (and both are listed lower than Aggron for that matter). For me eviolite Rhydon seems like a better option on paper.
    The only reason Aggron is ranked higher ( not MegAggron mind you ) is recoilless STAB Head Smash. NOBODY ( Unless heavy defence pokes or quad resistance ) wants to get hit by it.