Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, do we at least have an explanation about Xerneas and Yveltal? Are they gonna be used, or are they just going to be mysterious?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant more along the lines of "We will use the power of Pokemon to CREATE A NEW WORLD IN MY PERFECT IMAGE BWAHAHAHA"

I mean, they're psychopaths. TR were the mafia. TR were again the mafia in Gen 2. In gen 3 it started getting kinda nuts, but the people orchestrating it knew they were in over their head once they saw what they'd done. Gen 4 just went crazy. Gen 5 was worse. I mean Ghetsis was pretty vile. He fucked up an entire child's life with twisted psychological bullcrap. And in each of those games, the main character progresses from "some kid who's actually got a real penchant for battles" to "THE CHOSEN ONE WHOSE NAME SHALL BE ETCHED INTO HISTORY BECAUSE THE LEGENDARIES CHOOSE YOU FOR BEING PURE OF HEART AND SOUL PLEASE DELIVER UNTO US OUR SALVATION"

Feels over the top. :P

I dunno if the "main character is Pokemon Jesus" thing happens yet again in 6, but if they're following the trend, it probably will. Crazy villain, chosen by destiny hero.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I meant more along the lines of "We will use the power of Pokemon to CREATE A NEW WORLD IN MY PERFECT IMAGE BWAHAHAHA"

I mean, they're psychopaths. TR were the mafia. TR were again the mafia in Gen 2. In gen 3 it started getting kinda nuts, but the people orchestrating it knew they were in over their head once they saw what they'd done. Gen 4 just went crazy. Gen 5 was worse. I mean Ghetsis was pretty vile. He fucked up an entire child's life with twisted psychological bullcrap. And in each of those games, the main character progresses from "some kid who's actually got a real penchant for battles" to "THE CHOSEN ONE WHOSE NAME SHALL BE ETCHED INTO HISTORY BECAUSE THE LEGENDARIES CHOOSE YOU FOR BEING PURE OF HEART AND SOUL PLEASE DELIVER UNTO US OUR SALVATION"

I dunno if the "main character is Pokemon Jesus" thing happens yet again in 6, but if they're following the trend, it probably will. Crazy villain, chosen by destiny hero.
    This gen seems to have toned down the trainer-Jesus imagery and gone for more of a David vs Goliath thing.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Mega Tyranitar confirmed....oh shiiiiiiiiiii

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it isn't another dragon...

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Yes but could you if The machine ran on baby squirrel souls and puppy tears?
    Yes, as long the squirrels were Binacle and the puppies were most of GenIV.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorua View Post
    yes, as long the squirrels were binacle and the puppies were most of geniv.
    no! Not my riolu!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post

Given what kind of legendaries they gave us in Gen 4, it was kind of hard not to have the villains wanting powers to shape all reality. Just be lucky it didn't involve being able to fully control Arceus seeing as he created the Pokemon universe. In a lot of ways it was funny considering the fact that Humans are evolved Pokemon using Pokemon for personal gain, unleashing the powers of emotion or creation to whatever agenda they propose. Rebellion against the way it was versus what they though it should be defined Gen 4 very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    snip
    Are these basically posters showing which pokemons will have megaforms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    no! Not my riolu!
    Riolu/Lucario are okay.
    They're free to go.

BUT BIDOOF STAYS.

Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-10-08 at 05:10 AM.

PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Are these basically posters showing which pokemons will have megaforms?
    Apparently fake posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Apparently fake posters.
    This because they don't list Pokemon that we know get megas.

Deleted
    What worries me is that we haven't seen any gen 5 megas yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    What worries me is that we haven't seen any gen 5 megas yet.
    Which just adds fuel to the "mega's are just fan-service to bring back the old players" fire.

meh, I don't mind being pandered to.

So, lets talk shinies. I know im a fer pages late but I was wandering. What constitutes as a legit shiny? Im currently soft resetting for a shiny Suicune. I had someone suggest I use the RNG abuse method to get to a frame where it would be at. Is this RNG abuse method considered legit if you get a shiny through it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, lets talk shinies. I know im a fer pages late but I was wandering. What constitutes as a legit shiny? Im currently soft resetting for a shiny Suicune. I had someone suggest I use the RNG abuse method to get to a frame where it would be at. Is this RNG abuse method considered legit if you get a shiny through it?
    IMO any shiny not hacked into existence (gameshark, pokeedit) is legit. even if you abuse resets and super-breeding methods the odds are still against you.

I prefer my method of building a shrine and sacrificing heathen stunkfish to Arceus.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-10-08 at 05:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Is this RNG abuse method considered legit if you get a shiny through it?
    Well, yes and no. The pokemon will be 'legit' by all game standards. But RNG is still cheating, no matter how you look at it.

I consider shinies to be legit when they're found naturally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm obsessively running through grass in the Virbank Complex for a shiny Magnemite...

SHADDUP!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Well, yes and no. The pokemon will be 'legit' by all game standards. But RNG is still cheating, no matter how you look at it.

I consider shinies to be legit when they're found naturally.
    I think the days straight spent reseting the game hundreds of times constitutes enough effort to not consider it cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I think the days straight spent reseting the game hundreds of times constitutes enough effort to not consider it cheating.
    Going to agree on that one. RNG is not cheating, because Shiny encounters are RNG by nature.

PM if you add me!