Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    I cant make up my mind about the optimal EV training for my Chestnaught. Any ideas would be appreciated !
    this is what i did.

fully ev train attack and defense, then put the last 4 or so points into speed

- - - Updated - - -

i hope the game gets a little harder because right now my chespin has literally either 1 or 2 shotted everything every single battle its ever been in.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Could that have something to do with fully ev training it?

Not trying to be a smartass.

Damn, can't join this Safari thing without friends.... What is this about? My FC Code is 3368 0867 2965, feel free to add me.

So apparently Quilladin and Litleo are able to breed together. I don't even know, man.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably share an egg group. Probably Field or something.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

this is getting annoying... i've been kept out of two places now because of my clothes >.>

I got now how the whole FC and Safari thing works, i posted my FC code above and it would be nice to have some friends on 3DS so i can atleast use the safari, PM me your FC code if you add me =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this is getting annoying... i've been kept out of two places now because of my clothes >.>
    You can get in Boutique in Lumiose city by visiting every café, no idea about that hidden hotel place if you mean that, guess it has something to do with rollerskates.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. the first gym leaders Vivillon is always the pink form, but your Vivillon is always the form based on your region?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    You can get in Boutique in Lumiose city by visiting every café, no idea about that hidden hotel place if you mean that, guess it has something to do with rollerskates.
    i've been in every building you can enter in the city, and it's still not letting me in... screw this crap >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you catch magikarp? just keep catching the love heart fish (

i've been in every building you can enter in the city, and it's still not letting me in... screw this crap >.<
    You have to go into some cafe to continue the story, or something like that

So now gamestop is telling me they won't have the strategy guide until the 17th.

Totally defeats the purpose of having pre-ordered it >_>

- - - Updated - - -

You have to enter a certain cafe (and there are like 3 in that city)

It's a pain in the ass to find, that city is a nightmare to navigate.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    So now gamestop is telling me they won't have the strategy guide until the 17th.

Totally defeats the purpose of having pre-ordered it >_>

- - - Updated - - -

And after you visited the particular café (note: you dont have to visit the cloth store) you have to go and find a different exit out of the city than the one you came from. Took me like an hour to figure out ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post

Yeah. Never thought I could have camera problems in a Pokemon game, but Lumiose City certainly delivers

Well, since nobody wants to be my friend :sadface, i am giving a Froakie away to the guy who adds me and gives me his FC code! Be kind to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yeah. Never thought I could have camera problems in a Pokemon game, but Lumiose City certainly delivers
    You can turn your camera quickly by holding B and using the arrow pad to quickly turn your character into that direction. Or just use your joystick pad and gently turn around.

Btw, am I the only one who thought you could only use rollerskates in specific cities like Lumiose City? I didn't know you could freely move around so much. Was a pleasant surprise after I found that out ^^

Oh, and a tip: If you want a strong electric type pokemon, get Helioptile and evolve his ASAP when you get a sun stone. My evolved Helioptile already has like 93 SP. ATK and he's only level 33 atm (only done like 5 of those super training courses).

Quote Originally Posted by Roquila View Post
    Well, since nobody wants to be my friend :sadface, i am giving a Froakie away to the guy who adds me and gives me his FC code! Be kind to me
    I'll add you, I'm new to the friend code stuff, so I don't really know how to look up my own :S
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-10-13 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I'll add you, I'm new to the friend code stuff, so I don't really know how to look up my own :S
    In 3DS mainmenu you have the orange smileyface square. Tap it and it brings out friend options.

That thing on the upper row between the yellow pencil and green speech bubble.

Tomorrow I get to go buy pokemon X! While avoiding the cops with my expired tags

>.>
    <.<

I hate maryland.

I have questions:

1) How to reset EVs? (If it's only item-available and it's after the 2nd badge, don't say what/where it is). DO say that it is available as a feature if that's true though.
    2) Does Hawlucha evolve?
    3) How does Eevee evolve to Sylveon? Please only say if it's really subtle and I will miss it while going through the story. I will be EV training an Eevee to have it later evolve and join my team.
    4) When do we get FCs? I can't find mine somehow

Team so far:

Lucario
    Quiladin (thinking of replacing him)
    Farfecth'd (for False Swipe, helps so much: I'd already replaced him because he does not sadly evolve, damn you GF)
    Combusken
    Amaura (thinking of replacing)
    Aerodactyl (thinking of replacing)

On another note, and if trades are available after the 2nd badge, I want a Skrelp (badly) and if someone is way ahead in progression, a Fennekin.
    Last edited by Well; 2013-10-13 at 04:50 PM.