Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Its hands down the worst looking 3d sprite.

It just looks so out of proportion

It barely even has claws -.-
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/8f/612Haxorus.png Aside from the head being too small, it's pretty accurate actually...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/8f/612Haxorus.png Aside from the head being too small, it's pretty accurate actually...
    Hmm youre right actually, i think its just the angle thats throwing me off. Looks like it has no neck, massive thighs and a tiny head.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Hmm youre right actually, i think its just the angle thats throwing me off. Looks like it has no neck, massive thighs and a tiny head.
    Possibly, I'd still wager that the head of the 3d model is a little too small though.I haven't seen the dex model though, so yeah.

I have two fletchlings in the daycare with gale wings and I have gone through a box and a half of eggs that didn't have gale wings...is there something wrong here or is it just absolute bullshit?
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    I have two fletchlings in the daycare with gale wings and I have gone through a box and a half of eggs that didn't have gale wings...is there something wrong here or is it just absolute bullshit?
    Just bad luck, same for me atm. Blasted birds.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the only thing stopping me from trying to masuda something with a hidden ability.

2 of the same pokemon, only the female will pass down the HA 80% of the time. Males can pass down the HA (80%) but only when breeding with a ditto. So if you want to breed 2 fletchlings, the female needs to have gale winds. Otherwise the male can have it, but it needs to breed with a ditto.
    FC: 0018-0989-5105

PM me if you add me

10+ Year Old Account
    HA breeding is only 60%.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I hope they fix this in the next game, looks awful compared to
    Is it just me or does it look like its pregnant?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Madd View Post
    2 of the same pokemon, only the female will pass down the HA 80% of the time. Males can pass down the HA (80%) but only when breeding with a ditto. So if you want to breed 2 fletchlings, the female needs to have gale winds. Otherwise the male can have it, but it needs to breed with a ditto.
    I did not know that...fantastic.

I fucking hate dittos -_-
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Got a shiny trevenant in a horde ! So happy. Thing looks so cool. Had I not had the picture I made of the layout of the way horde battles work I probably would have killed this one too. Yay learning from the past!

Won't spoil anything, but the english dubbed Pokemon Origins is TERRIBAD. Q_Q
    Every single person I've talked to says it's by far the best pokemon dub we've ever had.

So, I like to deal damage. I also like ninetales. I made a ninetales set up and I would like some opinions. This is my first solo build mind you.

Ninetales
    Evs: 252SpAttack/252SpDefense/4HP
    Item:Expert Belt
    Nature:Modest
    Moves:
    Flamethrower
    Calm Mind
    Psyshock
    Energy Ball

I tried to get as much coverage as possible for a wide range of attackers. I also got a power booster. With the wide range of attacks I decided on exert belt since I should get a fairly good bit of super effect hits. Id like some serious suggestions for its Evs. I know its hp is low so I cant decide between Sp.Defense or Defense to be ev trained. My nature lowers attack, a stat I wont be using at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, I like to deal damage. I also like ninetales. I made a ninetales set up and I would like some opinions. This is my first solo build mind you.

Ninetales
    Evs: 252SpAttack/252SpDefense/4HP
    Item:Expert Belt
    Nature:Modest
    Moves:
    Flamethrower
    Calm Mind
    Psyshock
    Energy Ball

I tried to get as much coverage as possible for a wide range of attackers. I also got a power booster. With the wide range of attacks I decided on exert belt since I should get a fairly good bit of super effect hits. Id like some serious suggestions for its Evs. I know its hp is low so I cant decide between Sp.Defense or Defense to be ev trained. My nature lowers attack, a stat I wont be using at all.
    I think id go for a sp.atk+Hp spread on the EV's for better overall bulk, also: Go with Solar beam over Energy ball. You should alrdy be using Drought as ability, so Solarbeam will not have the 2 turn set-up time. I would also point out other usable items like leftovers for recovery, heat rock to increase the length of sun (for sun teams mostly)
    My FC for 3DS: 4699-6016-0702
    Playing Pokémon X, give me a PM with your FC if you add me

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Is it just me or does it look like its pregnant?
    Looks like it has that pouch obese people have in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierza View Post
    I think id go for a sp.atk+Hp spread on the EV's for better overall bulk, also: Go with Solar beam over Energy ball. You should alrdy be using Drought as ability, so Solarbeam will not have the 2 turn set-up time. I would also point out other usable items like leftovers for recovery, heat rock to increase the length of sun (for sun teams mostly)
    I didn't see the reduction to one turn thanks to sun being out. Also, im going belt because literally every guide I see wants leftovers. Ill use it on a more tanky pokemon. Im still not sure over all team wise, but I probably wont be a full on need sun team. Ill be switching it up to pokemon I like. Is HP a better cushion then defense?

Second, the slower pokemons weather effect is the one that's used. Why not stay with energy ball for when ninetales doesn't have the slower speed? I read on one build that at 2speed ivs and iron ball its slower then any Non iron abll users. So that means most pokemon going for a weather set up will probably be slower then my ninetales even in perfect condition provided they use the correct item.

If you're using even one more pokemon that will take advantage of the sun, put a Heat Rock on her.

And you still want Solar Beam. Though, you can opt for Energy Ball if you want, especially with a Calm Mind set. But with a Calm Mind Set, you REALLY need Leftovers.

Ninetales shouldn't be staying in against a Hippowdon, Politoed, or Tyranitar anyway.

And if Abomasnow/Aurorus come in for Snow Warning, they'll be chased away from the thought of a Fire Blast/Flamethrower anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    If you're using even one more pokemon that will take advantage of the sun, put a Heat Rock on her.

And you still want Solar Beam. Though, you can opt for Energy Ball if you want, especially with a Calm Mind set. But with a Calm Mind Set, you REALLY need Leftovers.

Ninetales shouldn't be staying in against a Hippowdon, Politoed, or Tyranitar anyway.

And if Abomasnow/Aurorus come in for Snow Warning, they'll be chased away from the thought of a Fire Blast/Flamethrower anyway.
    I may do that instead then of the belt. Not sure if Ill have anything else thatll use the sun. Just don't want too many pokemon that want leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Every single person I've talked to says it's by far the best pokemon dub we've ever had.
    Well, the danish dubs are even worse, I'll give it that, I just personally didn't like it. Again, I think the main problem with it was the pacing and the script.

Well, the danish dubs are even worse, I'll give it that, I just personally didn't like it. Again, I think the main problem with it was the pacing and the script.
    Danish dubs of everything these days suck. Except for animes, our dubs for that has just always sucked, where as we at least once had good dubs for western cartoons.