Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    From a fan point of view, and a gamers perspective, it was amazing. From a businesss point of view? It wasn't.
    You are wrong there, so let's stop a second.
    Seems Blizzard is here for the "game" and "gamer". Therefore, it should take risks and decision making the game experience primary, and not worrying about short-term issues of casuals not being able to clear content (constant nerfs will allow them to, anyway).

So let's cut out his false statement. If whizzing through content is justified by numbers, why would so many leave?
    And why did Blizzard state "We will never do an Ulduar type raid again!". I feel this was the only thing they did right in WOTLK, having created Ulduar.

Ulduar was and still is my FAVORITE raid so far. Love the story line, loved the story in Storm Peaks. Wish more content like this was available

Deleted
    Keep on wishin' you just gotta wait !

@ OP did you even fully clear ulduar?

7/7 Firelands 6/7HM Firelands
    13/13 T11
    ​Glory of The Cataclysm Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    And no, you cant farm full 378 gear in heroics, you can get 6 pieces, tops, which is whole 1/3 of slots and, in this tier specifially, is balanced around the fact, that FL only has 7 bosses and severely limited loottables
    True, but you can get another 1/3 from BOE's on par with the current tier, which is also an extremely frustrating thing IMO. BiS Trinkets are BOE? iLvl 378 BOE Weapons? Ridiculous.

Deleted
    Best raid ever.

Most epic WoW movie about best raid evah:

Pure awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by TrickDunn View Post
    True, but you can get another 1/3 from BOE's on par with the current tier, which is also an extremely frustrating thing IMO. BiS Trinkets are BOE? iLvl 378 BOE Weapons? Ridiculous.
    Actually, you need to do heroic raids for BiS. And Heroic Ragnaros for BiS trinkets or weapons for some specs. So yeah, no.

Reason there's so much nostalgia for Ulduar is because of Trial of the Crusader. It came out rather quickly after Ulduar, and the system changed so that Ulduar was now completely worthless for gearing up. Had Ulduar been current content for 9+ months, more people would complain.

And a lot of people did complain, at the time. Their comments were just forgotten after ToC, because of the shock of how spartan and easy it was.

Problem with ToC was it felt rushed. So here's a tip to everyone moaning about release dates - rushing gets you ToC. So learn to be patient.

And its a shame, because ToC could have been awesome. If they started off as normal, and then had the Lich King crash the party after two fights and then the rest of the raid took part the tunnels under Icecrown then it would have been truely awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated Ulduar. Bosses now are decent imo.

You can't really say Ulduar was the most awsome instance in the world just cause Naxx was before it. You expected some other crap and you got Ulduar from Blizzard. But like it was fun, and it gave content for everyone and no heroics!

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    I want a Throne of the Tides like raid.
    I thought that was called Serpentshrine Cavern.