Deleted

Looking to upgrade my graphics card - help appreciated

Hello, as the title says I'm looking for a new graphics card.
    I currently run:
    Windows 7 - 64 bit
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor (4 CPU's), ~3.2 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon 5850

Running on a single 26 inch monitor, at 1920x1200 resolution.

I want to be able to run upcoming titles such as Skyrim and BF3 at the highest possible settings (preferably), but I don't have that many money to spend.

also, I can't run multiple cards

So, which graphics card will give me the most bang for the buck?

R5850 is not really that bad card, and with low budget not really worth replacing either.

Something like GTX570 or Radeon 6970 would only increase your framerate by 30% on 1920x1080 monitor (maybe 40% in DX11 mode), but cost around 300€. Anything less is not really worth buying at all since there's not gonna be big real world difference in game framerates.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Agree with vesseblah... unless you get a 6970 or 570/580 you won't see much if any improvement.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Go with navidia Tesla, like all the cool people

Deleted
    Alright. Thanks for the input.

Which should I choose then? The 6970 or 570gtx?
    They seem roughly equal in price

I don't know anything about overclocking, so unless you know some good sites to guide me with that, we're talking stock setting

They're about the same in performance... it varies depending on the game and settings.
    Here's a good comparison:
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/292?vs=306
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzue View Post
    I don't know anything about overclocking, so unless you know some good sites to guide me with that, we're talking stock setting
    I wouldn't buy either right now. There's supposed to be new cards coming out shortly, probably around the time those games you wanted to play, so it's better to hold off until then. You can also see then for yourself if the games actually need better card.

What comes to graphics card overclocking, it's simpler and also less beneficial than CPU overclocking. And best bit is that there are plenty of factory overclocked cards out there in the stores if you want bit faster model (and pay extra for it). One good thing about those factory overclocked cards is that they're usually higher quality than plain vanilla cards.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    I wouldn't buy either right now. There's supposed to be new cards coming out shortly, probably around the time those games you wanted to play, so it's better to hold off until then. You can also see then for yourself if the games actually need better card.

What comes to graphics card overclocking, it's simpler and also less beneficial than CPU overclocking. And best bit is that there are plenty of factory overclocked cards out there in the stores if you want bit faster model (and pay extra for it). One good thing about those factory overclocked cards is that they're usually higher quality than plain vanilla cards.
    I'll wait a bit more then.

Thanks!