How about a Pokemon MMO?

Yes, I do realise that this has been posted so far, but I haven't read one in a long time, and I'm hoping some Nintendo scout is reading this, lol!

Anyways, how about if they connected every pokemon region together, and they putted every pokemon in the game out there.
    The battle system would work like WoW, there won't be a ''You attack, my turn, now your turn etc etc''. When you encounter a wild Pokemon, you are getting the option to pick one of your three pokemons currently on the team. (I know the usual deal is 6 at your team, but I think that this would make it an everlasting match against a player, so 3 is fine).

^ When you have chosen a Pokemon to battle with, you will be that Pokemon, take for example in WoW, you controll a character. you will control your Pikachu like you control your normal character. So it's all about skill to win! Wouldn't that be fun?

You would also only be able to exchange pokemons during a battle every 4 min.
    It will be a beautiful MMO World, take the graphics from Naruto Ninja Storm 2 or something and imagine that.

Legendary pokemon will NOT be capturable, but a rare sight, a very very rare sight. Arceus may pop infront of your face, or it may never do so.

The game would also include dungeons, for example a haunted house with Haunters, Gengars, Banetta, Dusclops etc etc. They would be really powerfull and your team would have to use your skillz to manage to down them.

The game would NOT, NOT NOT NOT NOT use the ''Holy Trinity'' system; Dps, Tank, Healer. It would be based on your skill, to dodge, avoid and counter attacks.

What do you think of this? Sorry for grammar erros, I'm not from an english speaking country!

I think pokemon basically promotes slavery. /shrug

Don't troll. -3clipse

10+ Year Old Account
    I find pokemon to be abit boring, but yeah, this could work for a select audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    it's an awesome idea, and i've thought of it a few times before, there are a few fanmade pokemon mmo's out there, nintendo said they wouldn't do it though really sucks

I'd more enjoy a single player oblivion/skyrim open world type game for pokemon.

Suggested dozens upon dozens of times on these and other forums, generally opinion is "yes, but only if they make it a non-retarded not-kiddie MMO, which won't happen."

I'm not really sure about all of your ideas, but I've always thought that a Pokemon MMO done right would be one of the most successful things ever.

ever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    I think pokemon basically promotes slavery. /shrug
    it's people like you that are wrong with the world
    who in their right mind is going to promote slavery after playing pokemon?

it's like saying having household pets is keeping them prisoners.
    just like the religious nuts that say pokemon is evil because it features evolution

10+ Year Old Account
    I was so thinking about 3 days ago, id totally go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    I would LOVE a Pokemon MMO. But then there's the glaring issue of balance...

"Ok, dude got a Gyarados, I'll just throw out my Magneton... oh wait, it knows Earthquake."

"Well then, I'll use a Water type and just whittle it down... why the FUCK does it know Thunderbolt?!"

I mean, I guess TM and HM moves could just not be implemented, but it just wouldn't be a Pokemon game without them either...
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrage View Post
    it's people like you that are wrong with the world
    who in their right mind is going to promote slavery after playing pokemon?

it's like saying having household pets is keeping them prisoners.
    just like the religious nuts that say pokemon is evil because it features evolution
    actually, it isnt like that.... Pokemon are slaves and not household pets... you make them fight for your entertainment, and thats what basically slavery is

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be too childish. These things come to mind: Forced language filter, poor graphics, over simplified gameplay and storyline

Quote Originally Posted by Deathguard View Post
    actually, it isnt like that.... Pokemon are slaves and not household pets... you make them fight for your entertainment, and thats what basically slavery is
    and that is different from Hunter pets... how?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrow Stilborne View Post
    I would LOVE a Pokemon MMO. But then there's the glaring issue of balance...

"Ok, dude got a Gyarados, I'll just throw out my Magneton... oh wait, it knows Earthquake."

"Well then, I'll use a Water type and just whittle it down... why the FUCK does it know Thunderbolt?!"

I mean, I guess TM and HM moves could just not be implemented, but it just wouldn't be a Pokemon game without them either...
    If you say Pokemon needs balance, you've never played it competitively.

There's no need for balance, because there's just so goddamn many threats out there that not even an OMGWTFAMAZINGNERFNOW Poke can't be taken down by something, especially when limited to 4 moves. Nothing can handle the majority of Pokemon. Swords Dance Garchomp in the sand? np, taken down by Unaware Bibarel, etc.

I'd be more interested in how status effects would work. Paralyze would obviously be a slow, but would it randomly stun you? What about sleep? I'd be far more concerned about that.

I would like to see a pokemon Mmo. But i would want it to be similar to the classic pokemon game, i just cant really see anything else feeling right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glad View Post
    If you say Pokemon needs balance, you've never played it competitively.

There's no need for balance, because there's just so goddamn many threats out there that not even an OMGWTFAMAZINGNERFNOW Poke can't be taken down by something, especially when limited to 4 moves. Nothing can handle the majority of Pokemon. Swords Dance Garchomp in the sand? np, taken down by Unaware Bibarel, etc.

I'd be more interested in how status effects would work. Paralyze would obviously be a slow, but would it randomly stun you? What about sleep? I'd be far more concerned about that.
    Decent enough point. I can just see people complaining constantly and constantly about how that goddamn Kingdra takes no damage because it spammed Double Team and Rested back to full after a couple hits, or how anything with Recover is OP.

But yeah, you're right. Pokemon has too many loose ends on balance, especially with moves. Then there's status conditions, held items, abilities... faaack, the more I think, the more complicated it gets =P
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

I've been praying for this for YEARS.

I think you can still have six Pokemon on your team, tho. But like in the show, you can only pick a few when battling another actual player. Against NPC trainers (which there would be, just like npc humanoid mobs in WoW) or wild Pokemon, you can use however many you want.

Depending on the relative size of your Pokemon, the training you've given them and the badges you've obtained, you can teach your Pokemon to become mountable. So you can teach water Pokemon 'Surf,' large enough flying Pokemon 'Fly,' and large land-fairing Pokemon a new HM that could be called 'Run' or 'Mount.' You could traverse any terrain on a Pokemon's back like you would a ground mount and a flying Pokemon would fly just like a flying mount, taking you just about anywhere. Again, this would be restricted by how many badges you've earned and locations you've visited.

The trainer would be able to pick which starting zone they'd like to play, which of course would determine their starting Pokemon. You would be able to pick from any of the starting towns, that way, each player can have a different play experience. After defeating that region's Elite Four, they'll be able to travel to other regions and battle their gym leaders, which will scale to their level. Being able to start in different zones will restrict the players choice in Pokemon at the start, but of course will allow them to obtain different Pokemon later.

Players will be able to nickname their Pokemon, if they choose, and also customize them with accessories, to a certain degree. Players themselves can also display titles above their head (Master, etc.) and badges on their outfit. There can also be clothing, hats, and toys that drop for trainers, just for cosmetics, but so you can customize with cool looking stuff. And most size appropriate Pokemon will be able to follow their trainer anywhere. Smaller ones can follow trainers into buildings, and while larger Pokemon can follow their trainers outside, they'd have to be called back when entering a building or a town

And I think (most) legendary Pokemon should be capturable! However, they should only be so on a rare, rare occasion. A quest, for example, can send a trainer to the Power Plant to subdue (making it repeatable) or defeat Zapdos, who is causing problems. Upon defeating it, there could be a very slim chance of making a Pokeball powerful enough to capture it, much like a boss might very rarely drop a mount. The same could be for other legendary Pokemon who roam around, like Entei, who might be a rare spawn who shows up to a lucky few, like the Time Lost Proto Drake. Pokemon like these would have to have battle restrictions, but would have no mountable restrictions. The only exception would be shiny Pokemon. They could be super, super rare, but usable to anyone in any battle.

These are just a few of my ideas. I've been hoping for something like this FOREVER. I can only imagine the hours of my life I'd sink into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrow Stilborne View Post
    Decent enough point. I can just see people complaining constantly and constantly about how that goddamn Kingdra takes no damage because it spammed Double Team and Rested back to full after a couple hits, or how anything with Recover is OP.

But yeah, you're right. Pokemon has too many loose ends on balance, especially with moves. Then there's status conditions, held items, abilities... faaack, the more I think, the more complicated it gets =P
    It would be be so unbalanced it'd be balanced!

Unless you're Furret, in which case you're screwed.