10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Didn't he kill Buu while in SSJ form? I'm pretty positive of that.
    He made and fired it in base mode, then gave it the final push in SS form

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Yeah. Mass Effect 3 decided to come out at the start of finals week, so my posts haven't been as lengthy as they normally are.
    Me3 rocks. Is it bad that my mutiplayer human 20 vanguard is named Goku? I just completely focused on powers so I just biotic charge around and nova/melee the crap out of everything with pretty much no CD on anything. Barely ever use my gun lol. I'd go with a drell since their melee actually looks like martial arts and they flip and stuff, but no nova is no fun
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-03-22 at 02:54 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Huh, just watched the first Broly movie again. Both Piccolo and Trunks say that if Broly isn't stopped he'll destroy the entire universe. Anyone that tries to call translation error on the scene where it's explained that Broly destroyed the South Galaxy can go suck it.
    It's funny because even if Broly destroyed 1 planet/star every 10 seconds, it would take him millions (or even billions) of years to be done with even a small fraction of the universe. Also I'd love to find out how he would destroy stars on the scale of VY Canoris which make our sun look like a grain of sand in front of the Empire State Building. And galaxy-core black holes that exceed 10 million solar masses. Oh god I brought logic into a DBZ thread, get the hell out of here! *hits logic with a mouth beam*

Anyway, regarding the series as a whole, I find the parodies+jokes+memes far more entertaining than the show itself. So I guess you could say that the internet would've been missing a lot of humor today if it wasn't for the Dragonball series! Laughing stock ftw
    While it made for fond memories when we were children, today I would put it into the same league as Pokemon when it comes to being snail-paced, repetetive and borderline extremely stupid. Then again, almost all old-generation shows feel that way today.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-03-22 at 06:31 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    It's funny because even if Broly destroyed 1 planet/star every 10 seconds, it would take him millions (or even billions) of years to be done with even a small fraction of the universe. Also I'd love to find out how he would destroy stars on the scale of VY Canoris which make our sun look like a grain of sand in front of the Empire State Building. And galaxy-core black holes that exceed 10 million solar masses. Oh god I brought logic into a DBZ thread, get the hell out of here! *hits logic with a mouth beam*

Anyway, regarding the series as a whole, I find the parodies+jokes+memes far more entertaining than the show itself. So I guess you could say that the internet would've been missing a lot of humor today if it wasn't for the Dragonball series! Laughing stock ftw
    While it made for fond memories when we were children, today I would put it into the same league as Pokemon when it comes to being snail-paced, repetetive and borderline extremely stupid. Then again, almost all old-generation shows feel that way today.
    I bring logic into DBZ all the time. And careful, you're practically insulting my religion. DBZ may be more logical than you think though. Have you actually watched it all the way through recently?

But seriously, I don't think Broly would have any trouble destroying even the biggest of stars. If you think about it, Frieza could destroy an Earth sized planet with virtually no effort with a power level of less than 530k. Considering power levels reach the hundreds of millions, and are still shown to multiply every story arc, and power levels scale upwardly... I just don't see destroying even a galaxy to really be that big of a deal, especially after Buu nearly destroys the cosmos with his voice.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-03-22 at 10:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd. Cell doesn't have any of the Ginyu's DNA, but his mouth looks like Burter's skull.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 07:08 PM ----------

Cooler just saw rule 34 dbz
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-03-22 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    The more evil the enemy the more success the bomb has as well. Frieza was evil but not pure evil like Buu was, that's part of the reason he did not die from it(Like Vegeta) and Buu was completely obliterated. I also don't think the bomb would work on androids as they are not an organic thing with positive or negative energy. I mean #16 died as noble a death as you can and he didn't even get brought back with the Dragonballs. So that is why I think it was not used on cell or in that whole saga. Also had Goku used the bomb on Buu when he had Gohan and the others inside him, I do not think it would have killed him.

I mean how truly evil could Freiza be... he kept people like Zarbon and Dedoria around him. Buu would turn the weaklings into candy and eat them in a heartbeat.
    Well I think it would have killed vegeta, but goku lost most of it and had to give what was left to someone else to throw. I can't remember if it was krillin or gohan I think it was gohan right? cause if it was krillin it would have missed

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Well I think it would have killed vegeta, but goku lost most of it and had to give what was left to someone else to throw. I can't remember if it was krillin or gohan I think it was gohan right? cause if it was krillin it would have missed
    It was Krillin lol. Gohan just bounced it back.

Random fact #6! The car Yamcha drives in the original Dragonball is called Mighty Mouse. In one of the final scenes of GT Yamcha is seen working on what appears to be a refurbished and repainted Mighty Mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    yamcha? sounds like raditz

---------- Post added 2012-03-23 at 01:47 AM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    yamcha? sounds like raditz
    I don't know who this Yamcha is, but it sounds like Raditz.

Each Saibaman has the same power level as Raditz. That's right. He was so weak, we can actually grow Raditzes!

Congratulations! You just destroyed the equivalent of three Raditz. Nappa here is worth five Raditz, and I am worth fifteen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh, I broked it Vegeta. It must of been made of something weak, like paper-mache... or Raditz.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Odd. Cell doesn't have any of the Ginyu's DNA, but his mouth looks like Burter's skull.
    I would attribute that to Toriyama's drawing style more than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account

hell is 2 oily german guys trying to wrestle you

10+ Year Old Account
    Recoome thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

hell is 2 oily german guys trying to wrestle you
    Haha I hadn't seen those before. It was pretty funny, but gokus voice annoyed me at first. I think my favorite part was bulma - "Ah that was refreshing. Too bad it was saltwater" *falls over*

It was years ago when I watched it, but if I remember right he absorbs it and gets a power boost. So it's kind of a different technique while in SSJ form. More of a Spirit Boost then a Bomb. I believe he gathers the energy in the movie while in his normal form then goes SSJ to absorb it. I don't think he can gather the spirit bomb energy while in SSJ form.

If you ignore the movies, notice how in the show at least we never saw him gather that energy as a SSJ? I think they pointed that out in the movie to tell us why.
    The only other time he used the Super Saiyan form with a Spirit bomb was against Kid Buu, and that was after he already threw it at Buu, and had his powers wished back. He just used his Super Saiyan powers to help push the Spirit Bomb along.

In the Android 13 movie, he couldn't use the spirit bomb as a Super Saiyan, and every time he has made a Spirit Bomb in the show, it was in his normal form.

Most epic moment in Dragon Ball Z. I really think it should have ended after this battle.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2012-03-24 at 12:29 AM.

Am I the only one who does not like Gohan at all? First he was a cry baby. Then ok, he kicked some ass but he still needed the attention from dear old daddy.
    And in his teens he wears this stupid costume. Goten on the other hand, much more like his father.

Hah, guess I am in the minority though.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    Am I the only one who does not like Gohan at all? First he was a cry baby. Then ok, he kicked some ass but he still needed the attention from dear old daddy.
    And in his teens he wears this stupid costume. Goten on the other hand, much more like his father.

Hah, guess I am in the minority though.
    It's Namek clothing just an FYI, he wears it as homage to Piccolo for training him. I am impartial to Gohan personally, he has his really bad and really good moments.

Edit: I'm an idiot, you probably meant that stupid super hero costume lol. Forgot he was in his teens(18) in Buu saga. He also seems like he's a lot older then he actually is at the Cell games. He comes off as a teen but hes really only like 11.

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 02:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    The only other time he used the Super Saiyan form with a Spirit bomb was against Kid Buu, and that was after he already threw it at Buu, and had his powers wished back. He just used his Super Saiyan powers to help push the Spirit Bomb along.

In the Android 13 movie, he couldn't use the spirit bomb as a Super Saiyan, and every time he has made a Spirit Bomb in the show, it was in his normal form.
    Yah we figured that out a page or two ago. Genn posted a comic of him using spirit bomb in SSJ form and some people where like whoa! that's not right lol. He can only create it in base form like you say. He can guide the bomb or absorb it as a power boost in SSJ form, just to summarize for people. The absorbing can be debated though since it happened in the movies and some of them are not cannon, I'm not sure which ones.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-03-24 at 02:41 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

It's Namek clothing just an FYI, he wears it as homage to Piccolo for training him. I am impartial to Gohan personally, he has his really bad and really good moments.

Edit: I'm an idiot, you probably meant that stupid super hero costume lol. Forgot he was in his teens(18) in Buu saga. He also seems like he's a lot older then he actually is at the Cell games. He comes off as a teen but hes really only like 11.[COLOR="red"]
    Yeah I meant the Buu saga. And don't get me wrong, he is a nice kid and you can see this great relationship bloom between him and Piccolo. But all this talk about being special as a baby against Raditz, on namek with that Guru, Cell and even Buu where his true potential was unleashed. And he didn't perform except when he had to fight Cell.

Note: I did not watch GT though. Might have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    Yeah I meant the Buu saga. And don't get me wrong, he is a nice kid and you can see this great relationship bloom between him and Piccolo. But all this talk about being special as a baby against Raditz, on namek with that Guru, Cell and even Buu where his true potential was unleashed. And he didn't perform except when he had to fight Cell.

Note: I did not watch GT though. Might have been different.
    He was the only one able to take on Super Buu solo when he had his powers unlocked by the old kai. He was destroying him too. But he toyed with Buu for too long (same mistake he made with cell) and ended up getting absorbed. Pretty sure he is the most powerful solo fighter prior to GT. Until Goku and Vegeta eventually get SSJ4. He just doesn't fight smart is his problem, he gets carried away and shows off like Vegeta or any Saiyan minus Goku really.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-03-24 at 02:50 AM.