10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Oh and dont forget Master Roshi's disguise name... Jackie Chun

yus that was awesome

Just saw this:

That is freaking awesome!

Just had this running in the background while I was doing some MP on ME3.

Reapers never knew what hit him. DBZ music makes me feel unstoppable every time. Part 2 is even better.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-06 at 03:03 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    oh vegeta, i wonder if he knows about bulma and yamcha,...... and master roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Healarious View Post
    Just wondering, how old are most of the DBZ fans. I meant, are there any "newer recruits"? Haha.
    Im almost 19 now and I was still a little young when it was super popular. I started watching DBZ right when it came out but was too young when DB was out. DBGT...well, I didn't really watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun Fact: Piccolo is only four years older than Gohan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Fun Fact: Piccolo is only four years older than Gohan.

its true, but i always forget why he grows up so fast in dragonball, dat piccolo jr.

btw somthing that never made sense

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I think that's so visitors can't collect the Dragonballs and make a wish without the Namekian's permission/blessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healarious View Post
    Just wondering, how old are most of the DBZ fans. I meant, are there any "newer recruits"? Haha.
    I'd image most of us are twenty, give or take a couple years. We watched it on Toonami back in the day and loved it ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    im 21 hah! year off buddy

Wow, I just had a herp derp moment. I almost posted this in the Mass Effect 3 thread. That would have been awkward.

Random fact #13! Dr. Brief graduated from West City College.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    So I decided to read the manga version of Dragon Ball and DBZ and man it sure has a quick pace compared to the show. Goku and Vegeta turned SS1 in just one panel. Though I prefer the show over it because they take the extra time for those things.
    Akira Toriyama prefers the anime for those sorts of scenes as well. Basically, he said the best he can do for a really dramatic scene is a two page panel, and then it's done. But with the anime, the scene can be extended due to the nature of video vs pictures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    its true, but i always forget why he grows up so fast in dragonball, dat piccolo jr.

btw somthing that never made sense
    It was more a password than anything. To prevent outsiders from using them I suppose.

It is kind of weird how Tien lost his arm when he fought nappa (this wasn't only the TFS one right.. been a long time since I have watched the beginning) but he had his arm back later. I know he died after and he had his arm in the after life, or you could say it was restored with his life, but things like the scars on Yamcha's face were not healed :P .

10+ Year Old Account
    It is kind of weird how Tien lost his arm when he fought nappa (this wasn't only the TFS one right.. been a long time since I have watched the beginning) but he had his arm back later. I know he died after and he had his arm in the after life, or you could say it was restored with his life, but things like the scars on Yamcha's face were not healed :P .
    Same with Saiyan tails.

This is just my opinion, but this is what I think. When you die, the new body you get in otherworld is identical to your old body, except with all injuries healed. Scars don't heal when you eat a senzu bean, but things like missing arms, (Future Gohan implied in History of Trunks that if he took the senzu bean it would have restored his arm) broken bones, cuts, bruises, etc, are healed.

So the new body you get is likely equivalent to the state your previous body would have been in after eating a senzu bean or getting equivalent healing.

---------- Post added 2012-04-06 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Same with Saiyan tails.
    Saiyan tails are just plain weird! They come back at the most strange, plot armor-y times.

Indeed they are.

I think their tails grow back if they are still young. But once they reach an adult they don't. As evidenced by Vegeta and Gohan. They are also unaffected by any sort of recovery item. Goku's tail also grew back while he was young, but wasn't that taken care of by Kami somehow?

Also why don't Trunks or Goten have tails? That's one that gets me.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-07 at 01:35 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Also why don't Trunks or Goten have tails? That's one that gets me.
    Apparently it's a recessive trait, so it's rare for a half-Saiyan to grow one.

Does anyone else think that the Great Saiyaman/World tournament episodes are hilarious? I am watching them now and some of the stuff that happens is just funny. Does anyone else think this is the best filler?