10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Just because we know for a fact that there are multiple universes, doesn't mean we should automatically assume they work exactly like the Dragonball multiverse fanfiction. Maybe they don't contain alternate versions of the storyline, maybe they're just different universes with plenty of monsters, aliens and sentient races. Kinda similar to how Goku meets powerful fighters from a different galaxy in the other world tournament.

Heck, if there would ever be a new series I would consider it more likely that these new universes work like that instead of being an alternate version of the storyline. Because what is more awesome? Just seeing the same story with a slight difference or having 11 entirely new universes with powerful fighters to explore?

The latter would actually ensure that Goku doesn't have to be the most powerful being in existance anymore, he might be nothing more than a common soldier. This would set up a new storyline of the Z fighters having to beat stronger foes each time. It would be back to basics so to speak. It would be similar to the start of DBZ, where everything was new and exciting. But for Frieza being the most powerful being in the universe he got killed off pretty fast.

Anyway, that's just what I would prefer to see. A new series of adventures in all the different universes.
    Oh, I agree with you completely, it would be really boring to have the same enemies again. I merely stated that the other movies now have a potential to be canon. And I'm merely abusing multiverse to suit my own needs until something official actually refutes it ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    how many of the movies are canon

cell is chillin in his ring

android 13 shows up

cooler be all like im coola den u and more metal

they fight broly

dr raichi be all up in dis shit

then they fight cell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    how many of the movies are canon

cell is chillin in his ring

android 13 shows up

cooler be all like im coola den u and more metal

they fight broly

dr raichi be all up in dis shit

then they fight cell.
    Isn't that the perfect training for beating Cell? We all know they get incredible power ups from real battles ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    So ... Still don't know if SSG is stronger than SS4 or not xD any ideas ?
    Well, apparently gods are on a totally different level, so I'm going to say yes. I think the look of SSG was my one disappointment with that movie. There was just so many good things! (I just finished watching it, so time to talk!)

1. Establishing that there are multiple universes makes it easier to understand so many things. (Like, what if time travel causes you to change universes? That explains the deal with Trunks, and makes DBZ time shenanigans alot less whack.)

2. Really, really, REALLY loved Bills. I think he's my new favorite "villain", because he just had so much personality, and wasn't a typical sort of villain in the sense that Frieza and Cell and to an extent Super Buu were. (They were all different, but Bills was just yeah.) That, and he's got potential to be an awesome addition to the cast if they do decide to start up a new series that follows after the events of BoG. (Please!?)

3. Vegeta in this movie was literally the best thing. That, and it showed with the right motivation he can beat Goku, which just...works.

4. Trunks x Mai OTP. Wait what?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    Oh, I agree with you completely, it would be really boring to have the same enemies again. I merely stated that the other movies now have a potential to be canon. And I'm merely abusing multiverse to suit my own needs until something official actually refutes it ^^
    Yeah, I'm just making the statement since some people are already filling in all the extra universes "yeah, this universe could be where Future Trunks is from, and that one is where GT is canon, that one is where they fought Broly" etc. It doesn't really leave much to be explored if that were the case, nor do we have any confirmation that it even works that way. Just wanted to say we shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Well, apparently gods are on a totally different level, so I'm going to say yes. I think the look of SSG was my one disappointment with that movie. There was just so many good things! (I just finished watching it, so time to talk!)

2. Really, really, REALLY loved Bills. I think he's my new favorite "villain", because he just had so much personality, and wasn't a typical sort of villain in the sense that Frieza and Cell and to an extent Super Buu were. (They were all different, but Bills was just yeah.) That, and he's got potential to be an awesome addition to the cast if they do decide to start up a new series that follows after the events of BoG. (Please!?)

3. Vegeta in this movie was literally the best thing. That, and it showed with the right motivation he can beat Goku, which just...works.
    Well, the look of SSG doesn't bother me that much. Especially since Goku doesn't even need the red hair to tap into the power, he can be SSG even in base or normal SS form. I do wonder if he'd lose the ability to tap into that power if say it was Vegeta's turn to be SSG though.

Very much agree on point 2 and 3. I loved seeing Bills and Buu fight over the pudding. And Vegeta was a badass, he was able to land some direct hits on Bills where Goku SS3 failed big time. And it made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I do wonder if he'd lose the ability to tap into that power if say it was Vegeta's turn to be SSG though.
    My guess is only one of the 6 sayians can be SSJG. otherwise we could have vegeta, gohan and gotenks in SSJG at the same time. and only goku fighting as a SSJG would be stupid imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    My guess is only one of the 6 sayians can be SSJG. otherwise we could have vegeta, gohan and gotenks in SSJG at the same time. and only goku fighting as a SSJG would be stupid imo
    I thought it was limited to pure saiyans

and yes bills is a fantastic character, so silly yet so deadly kinda like buuhan looking at cakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's canon even if haters gonna hate
    battle of gods is cannon to the manga. gt is cannon to the anime.

lets mash them together and make super saiyan 4 god mode @_@

god mode was originally going to look like ss4 but they wanted it to look separate
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, why would god mode look like SSJ4 when the requirements were worlds apart?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    The multiverse theory states that there are an infinite number of universes with an infinite amount of possibilities.

The movie only states that there is a certain amount of universes, and doesn't state the significance, only that Goku isn't necessarily the strongest being in existence.
    Multiverse theory is about infinite number of universe 'copies' with infinite amount of possibilities.
    The DBZ (Battle of God) states there are 12 universes that exist in the same time continuum.
    Those are two different things.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Meowington707 View Post
    PROOF SIR?! I better not get a link to some random BS fan made theories website!
    it was in an interview awhile back when they were talking about all the different designs they went through for god mode

- - - Updated - - -

i found this on the dragon ball z wiki about super saiyan god. couldnt find the old interview though so you'll just have to take my word for it

"According to interviews with the Battle of Gods character designer, Tadayoshi Yamamuro, the original concept for Super Saiyan God had the form being more muscular, wearing a cape, and with a hairstyle in-between Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan 4. The series' original author, Akira Toriyama, came up with a picture of Super Saiyan God that was completely different than Yamamuro's own initial muscular, cloaked design. They went back and forth like this a bit before settling on the final design, and Toriyama was insistent on the form not being really muscular"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets just be happy with God Goku....

Because we all know Vegeta would have an easier time becoming an ss4.... he actually knew how to control his monkey mode.

Honestly, if Vegeta wasn't so much of a prideful, arrogant prick (you can't tell me he isn't, and yes, he's my favorite other than Gohan ), I think he could be much more even with, or even better than, Goku. His enraged power against Bills seems to support this.

I think the difference is in their attitudes/training. Goku fights for fun, and for his friends and loved ones. Vegeta fights for himself and his pride (not later though), which weighs him down as he has no one to fight for (Bringer of Death seems to agree with me on this).

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Honestly, if Vegeta wasn't so much of a prideful, arrogant prick (you can't tell me he isn't, and yes, he's my favorite other than Gohan ), I think he could be much more even with, or even better than, Goku. His enraged power against Bills seems to support this.

I think the difference is in their attitudes/training. Goku fights for fun, and for his friends and loved ones. Vegeta fights for himself and his pride (not later though), which weighs him down as he has no one to fight for (Bringer of Death seems to agree with me on this).

Thoughts?
    I think that is a common consensus

10+ Year Old Account

I found this entertaining and surprisingly accurate.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Finally got watch Battle of the gods so I can come here again and discuss DBZ! Managed to stay spoiler free until I saw it too so it was just that much better.

I really enjoyed it, and was well worth the wait. The subs in some points were obviously way off, but it was good enough to get a decent idea of what was going on. Can't wait for the english dub. The movie was also just a giant tease for obviously more to come. It introduced us to so many new concepts in the DBZ universe, there's no way they aren't going to do more with it or they wouldn't of introduced it at all. I loved when they were trying to form the SSG and were tossing there energy around to eachother. Looked so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I mean Nappa blew up a city with 2 fingers.... his Pl was 4000 I think 7000 when he powered up.
    Nappa and Vegeta didn't have the ability to power up at that time, that was the one advantage the Earthlings had on them. Nappa and Vegeta were always at they're max power level. Vegeta learned the ability to hide it after the battle. I don't think any enemy has that ability until they get to Zarbon. That's why I think the scouter's explode too. They are not designed to read power levels in flux because it's a rare ability so they overload.

- - - Updated - - -

Also maybe someone can help me out with this one. So any "god" form does not use ki? As in the movie Bill states that ones kii(energy) level has no effect on how strong one is in god mode. Bills talks about kii or energy like it's some other noob way to fight or something. Bills is even surprised and impressed when Goku manages to convert the god mode energy into Kii and use it in SSJ form to keep up with him. Or at least that's how I understood it with the subs. Then there's also the question of if Bill doesn't use Kii, then what the hell is he and the god modes running on? Or is Kii just one form of energy in the DBZ universe? I thought kii was the term for energy.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-09-25 at 01:56 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume god mode uses.. divine energy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there does seem to be different forms of Ki. Most mortals use the regular ki. Androids and cyborgs use... mecha-ki or something. Spirit Bombs use spirit ki, although your own ki seems to determine how well you use it. Kai's and other gods use divine ki or w/e.

Since some androids can absorb ki, and other ki users can gather spirit ki, it seems each of the ki types can be converted into other ki's.

Ki is just life energy, so I'm guessing the type of ki is determined by the type of life-form.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the androids just converted ki into their energy.... which I assume is just like..... electricity of nuclear. They certainly did not use natural ki. Maybe 19 and 20 did use ki, but they did not produce ki, they just absorbed it.

the spirit bomb was just a collection of ki or life force

gods use divine power, not ki.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing beats the scale of the Freeza fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly was intrigued that the Whiz (?) was stronger than Bills (?).

Names are hard, ok
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I certainly was intrigued that the Whiz (?) was stronger than Bills (?).

Names are hard, ok
    I think that's great. In 1 movie, Goku suddenly has 2 more goals to reach. Makes it also more plausible that other universes might have even more powerful fighters.