Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I really can't swallow 17 being back. Like, I tend to turn my brain on the lowest settings while watching DBS, but this is beyond that. What, did High Priest just decided to fuck about saying 17 is dead to mess with everyone? Did the potentially strongest being in the universe not realise that he was still alive?
    I can understand 17 being alive. If Vegeta can use a suicide move and survive, then so can 17.

Why did 17 not use his infinite stamina to get back up? Idk.
    How did 17 and Frieza not get destroyed while Jiren and Goku were fucking everything up? Idk.
    Why do rocks keep appearing to save everyone (how are they even floating) from falling and those rocks conveniently don't get destroyed, but the others do? Idk.

Will the last episode be an hour special?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Will the last episode be an hour special?
    nope, just a regular episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    nope, just a regular episode.
    Isn't the show goin on a hiatus? Hence the ambigious title for 131.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

There's no ambiguity in the title. Power of friendship > all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Isn't the show goin on a hiatus? Hence the ambigious title for 131.
    no, it's ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, it's ending.
    They still have a movie coming out this year tho.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    They still have a movie coming out this year tho.
    oh yeah, I know.

- - - Updated - - -

also, I wouldn't call this a PoF.... well, FT level of PoF.

it's DB way of PoF since DBZ.

I mean, Goku had Frieza in his head so it's definitely not PoF.

plus, it's to see the difference between Goku and Jiren.

Jiren relies purely on strength and has no one to rely on.

Goku relies on others and cares about them which drives him but he is no hero of justice or anything like that.

Geekdom did a nice video about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Frieza will get his wish which will lead to the upcoming movie.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2018-03-18 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, it's ending.
    This again...They never said it's ending, to my knowledge. We just know there isn't going to be new episode for a very long time, AKA, a hiatus. The animation studio will likely move on to other things, they may or may not go back to Super. We just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    This again...They never said it's ending, to my knowledge. We just know there isn't going to be new episode for a very long time, AKA, a hiatus. The animation studio will likely move on to other things, they may or may not go back to Super. We just don't know.
    hopefully, way better planed than DBS.

I've long suspected this is just a break to let the manga get ahead. The anime has been ahead since I think Goku Black? Toriyama and the manga people were supposedly pissed at some of the choices the anime made, which is why he was so involved in the ToP arc. The movie takes place after the ToP if the interviews were translated properly. In that case I imagine they'll do the movie, the manga will finish ToP and the movie story, and then continue on from there. Eventually we'll see the series come back and do the movie arc first so the manga can get a nice buffer again like they had during most of Super.

EDIT: At the moment, Super has a few more episodes than Dragon Ball, and is way behind Z. Granted Z had a ton of filler and fights that lasted for 10+ episodes most of which was yelling and focusing ki so maybe they won't catch Z as far as episodes go.
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2018-03-18 at 09:57 PM.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean we can expect the movie and then we'll have to wait. Regardless of whether it was good or not, DBS did well. Just the fact that it's an opportunity to add new characters to the franchise is huge for merchandising and games. I'd love to know if it actually succeeded in introducing the new generation to the franchise which is what would be most important. But there probably is a solid chance that we will see a new series one day.
    Toriyama did say he wants to be more involved with the anime series.

lately, he was busy with a movie and was making things up on the spot (UI, Jiren's backstory).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He has always made things up on the spot tbh.
    true but it made a bit more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

damn, nice UI move.

if you look at the very beginning of the fight before Jiren powers up, he dodges like UI.

hard to catch details like that because it's too fast.

true but it made a bit more sense.

- - - Updated - - -

damn, nice UI move.

if you look at the very beginning of the fight before Jiren powers up, he dodges like UI.

hard to catch details like that because it's too fast.

I saw all of them except for the stuff on the beams but figured he had to be doing something along the lines of what he did when fighting Kefla as he was basically moving along beams. I watched it on an iPhone, so I could not see it that well.

I thought it was a copout on how he lost MUI.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    I thought it was a copout on how he lost MUI.
    If something this powerful came without downsides all conflict would be over for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    stahp

it was confirmed ending, the current series is over, Kitaro anime will take its slot

currently there are no solid plans for any future DB anime series, though most likely at some point (may be 2 years, may be 20 years) something will pop up

also IMHO with how super rushed this ending looks, Super didnt just end, it was outright cancelled/rushed

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    also IMHO with how super rushed this ending looks, Super didnt just end, it was outright cancelled/rushed
    Nah, it wasn't cancelled. Super is doing good for Toei financially. They just ran into timeslot issues when Super occupies Gegege no Kitaro's slot, so they kinda had to give room for it for now.

But Super is rushed. It's production schedule has been complete mess from the get go (episode 5 says hi) and with the movie coming up, they couldn't have kept up with the TV series schedule. So giving room for Kitaro worked fine for Toei here. We'll have to see what happens after the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    So DBS ends next week. How would you rate the arcs? It could be by numbers, order, whatever, and I don't think the last episode will change my ranking much. I have it as Goku Black/ Zamazu > U6 vs U7 > ToP > Beerus > Frieza. Not going to count the filler stuff.
    For me its

Zamasu/black > Tournament of power = all the filler except that copy vegeta arc (although it was done way better in the dub) > uni 6 > BOG retell > ROF retell

- - - Updated - - -

Super is over. They got a movie to work on. However that does not mean we wont see a Super pt. 2 or a Dragon Ball Ultra. :P

DB makes a fuck ton of cash, Goku will be at the Olympics in Japan, they got a movie coming this year and toei needs more than just fucking one piece. It is highly likely we will see a new db series.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It's production schedule has been complete mess from the get go (episode 5 says hi)
    Elaborate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Elaborate.