10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    Name a single dragonball movie or series that would have ended differently from this one. I'll wait.
    What kind of stupid question is that. They all end the same way.. thats my point.

I wanted something new, something not this easily predictable. I was foolishly hopeful! sue me

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then I don't understand why you're bitching about it. Its nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    someone needs to make a wallpaper

Goku flashing in and out of a Super Saiyan was an homage back when he first went Super Saiyan.

if someone told me years ago that Goku and Frieza will ever team up, I would definitely slap him/her in the face.
    Indeed man that was the best thing that happened in the episode!

Also here in that scene, the music at 1:35, the graphics, everything in that scene tells me "Hey we are saving Frieza so he can do something really really amazing"

It was an amazing forshadowing tbh I knew Frieza will do something awesome but I wasn't expecting it to be like this!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyz View Post
    They all end the same way.. thats my point.

I wanted something new, something not this easily predictable. I was foolishly hopeful! sue me
    Tbh if you are watching DBS and expecting some major twist and brilliant unpredictable plot and storytelling then I am sorry but you are watching the wrong anime. :P

Dragon Ball series from classic to Super was always so predictable, and repetitive most of the time. There is never a major story twist like Death Note or Code Geass or Berserk when Griffith betrayed Guts or anything like that and I know it. I personally watch it for the fighting scenes scenario, choreography and the animation is insanely great.

One thing I missed from classic and DBZ that the blood though, I wish DBS had more blood specially those last intense fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now time to wait till December for the movie and then probably a new series after that cause no way Toei and Toriyama aren't going to milk this cow.
    Super has been such a juggernaut for them in 2017, esp in Q3 on their fiscal year.

http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/en/ir/ma...ary.php?y=2017

also lol at that cancelled cs Ge-Ge-Ge no Kitaro is coming back comment from a few pages back.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Also, one thing I forgot to mention about the end, Bulma's sister finally made it into the anime (unless I missed seeing her at another point, phone calls don't count :P)
    She was seen early Universe 6 arc when Bulma called her to call Jaco.

10+ Year Old Account
    That reminds me.

The Dragon Ball Legends trailer was out just recently, it looks cool and all.

They used Freeza, Cell, and Kid Buu as part of the major animated elements, as they frequently do. The big Z villains. And that's fine, I love those guys. Freeza more than ever because of Super.

But I wonder if any of the Super antagonists will ever reach the heights as the Z villains. Will Beerus, Hit, Zamasu, and Jiren ever be as popular or featured as much as the classic Z villains? Or do the Z villains simply have too much history and nostalgia power that other villains can't ever top them?

I love the Super antagonists, I think any of the ones I mentioned are more interesting as characters than Kid Buu. I think they're vastly superior to any of GT's antagonists. But I wonder if they won't get any more traction than the GT guys did. Could the fact that only Zamasu is well and truly an 'evil' character while the others aren't be a factor? The fact that Freeza is paired against Goku as kind've his 'main villain rival' is I think a sign that Super is definitely having an influence - Freeza now certainly eclipses Cell and Buu as the villainous antagonist for Goku.

That said, characters like Zamasu and Omega-Shenron were shown in the stylized opening segment, so they aren't being left out. But I'd love to see them really shine as primary recognizable faces one day.

Incidentally, signs of 3 new characters in that trailer, glee. Some guy with swords at 0:26 and two new guys at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    When I saw the ending I was worried that they were leaving the series opened for fan based artists to carry it on in different pahts, but after reading the last couple of pages on this thread I feel better, can't wait for more DB next year (hopefully)

just watched 131
    loved how goku tried to go ssj but couldn't maintain it
    normal - ssj - normal -ssj - normal - ssj - normal - ssj

hope dragon ball will return as a seasonal anime, so we could have 12-24 episodes with superb animation and art and less filler than ongoing series...

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    hope dragon ball will return as a seasonal anime, so we could have 12-24 episodes with superb animation and art and less filler than ongoing series...
    That doesn't really make difference unless production is handled properly. Even one or two cour series can have their episodes rushed out day or two before airdate.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    This series finale was dbkino. Frieza and Goku fighting alongside each other against Jiren was fantastic, even if it would normally be OOC for Frieza.
    misusing kino smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

Quote Originally Posted by Millhi View Post
    Now time to wait till December for the movie and then probably a new series after that cause no way Toei and Toriyama aren't going to milk this cow.
    Super has been such a juggernaut for them in 2017, esp in Q3 on their fiscal year.

http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/en/ir/ma...ary.php?y=2017

also lol at that cancelled cs Ge-Ge-Ge no Kitaro is coming back comment from a few pages back.
    wait, why is Saint Seiya on that list. Did they release anything new?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Haha yeah

I am curious as we see in the last episode Golden Frieza was doing pretty okay against tired wounded Jiren. I wonder how much Hit could do if he was there during that last final episode fight against tired Jiren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    wait, why is Saint Seiya on that list. Did they release anything new?
    The smartphone game and licensing rights to other SS stuff like merchandise.
    They do have a new SS set to air next year.

And if people were skeptical. Toei just announced a reformation in their departments and they made a sub department solely focusing on everything Dragonball. (anime, licensing rights, merchandise, etc)

edit: damn unified beat me to posting that. I even linked that him.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    New Dragon Ball was pretty much a given, but it's very nice to hear that there will likely be more Dragon Ball Super specifically! Beyond the movie, of course.

theres what? 4 more universes not involved in TOP.. so there's plenty of chances for new villains for them to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    at this point I don't even care about story arcs anymore, I just want cool fights, they could release 1 episode a month and have a fight vs a different character each episode :-/

And I'm saying 1 month because I want them to have time to make the animation like the last 2 episodes of Super.

Does anyone have any statistics that they have found anywhere about ToP?

An overview of the whole battle, such as most eliminations, who eliminated who, self eliminations, order of elimination and every other statistic people normally have when tournaments happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Does anyone have any statistics that they have found anywhere about ToP?

An overview of the whole battle, such as most eliminations, who eliminated who, self eliminations, order of elimination and every other statistic people normally have when tournaments happen.
    We all know the statistics of the ToP only needs one number: 17