Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    So much hate in that thread...
    Not gonna lie, current conversation I'm having is making my brain hurt. There comes a point when something is so simple it's impossible to explain. Fucking jaffa cakes man. I'm gonna go choke myself on a Sobe bottle, play some random video game, and then go watch Dark Knight with a friend, in preparation for Dark Knight Rises.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-07-17 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Lovecraft ever concieved DBZ power levels when writting Cthulhu. Has any other supremely powerful cosmic entity ever tried to destroy him?

If not, I think it's possible that he's only immune in the eyes of mere humans.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I don't think Lovecraft ever concieved DBZ power levels when writting Cthulhu. Has any other supremely powerful cosmic entity ever tried to destroy him?

If not, I think it's possible that he's only immune in the eyes of mere humans.
    I'm pretty sure I said something like that 30 billion threads ago. Something about Azathoth and how he would make Cthulhu his bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet people still bash me over the head with "durr he's immortal quit being a fanboi".

Anyway, time for worky-work. Eager to see how/if the discussion progresses.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Meepmeep View Post
    Okay, I've got another thing I'm curious about..

Korin, what exactly makes Korin so special? he trained Goku during DB for a bit, like Kami and Roshi did.

and yet characters throughout DBZ seem to revere him (while kami/roshi aren't) but i don't really see anything out of the ordinary with korin (aside from the obvious that he is an anthropomorphized cat), is there something about Korin's backstory that i am missing?
    I don't really see where he is revered like you say. Hell I don't even remember if he was mentioned or shown after Yajirobe visited Goku in the hospital after the Saiyan saga. But he does grow sensu beans, which come to be pretty important throughout the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I voted for Cthulu simply because bored.
    And this is why these showdowns are somewhat unfair, and make me sad.

Anyone who thinks Goku can't win needs a check-up from the neck-up.
    Last edited by Ibeblinkin; 2012-07-17 at 05:46 PM.

Yeah I would think it is because Korin provides the senzu beans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    I don't really see where he is revered like you say. Hell I don't even remember if he was mentioned or shown after Yajirobe visited Goku in the hospital after the Saiyan saga. But he does grow sensu beans, which come to be pretty important throughout the series.
    Yeah, you see him in the Cell Saga for sure, when Goku gets the beans they use in the Cell Games. I guess the better question, at least to me, because I don't know, is what makes the senzu beans so special that only Korin (and I guess Yajirobe?) know how to grow them?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-07-17 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, you see him in the Cell Saga for sure, when Goku gets the beans they use in the Cell Games. I guess the better question, at least to me, because I don't know, is what makes the sezu beans so special that only Korin (and I guess Yajirobe?) know how to grow them?
    Oh yeah that's right. Does he give Goku the beans though? I thought Goku just wanted him to gauge his power against Cell's, and Krillin brought the beans to the tournament.

I know Krillin has said quite a few times that they "should learn how to grow those beans", maybe they just never got around to it or the beans require some kind of mystic water that only Korin has access to. I don't think Yajirobe knows how to grow them, he's just the delivery boy.

Deleted
    Are you sure that Kid Goku is stronger than DBZ-Goku? For me he looks really handicapped as a child.
    Even going SSJ3 seems to be a real big deal for him while Adult Goku could do it without much effort at the end of the Buu Saga. And i'm pretty sure after 15 years of training he should have been at a point where he can easily use this form like he used SSJ1 before.

Moreover i don't think uub is really that strong. He may be on the same level as non-SSJ Goku but we all know how much multipliers he gets from every SSJ-Transformation. He also isn't exactly kid buu... he just has the same potential, but Kid buu had something like a few million years for "training". Plus Uub is stuck in a human body which is way harder to train than a pure magical form and there may even be a limit which a human can never surpass because he can't transform like saiyans do. Even after his fusion with Fat buu (who should have been at least at the powerlevel of a SSJ2, so pretty much compared to vegeta in DBZ), uub wasn't that much stronger than Kid Goku SSJ3... and again fusions give a lot of multipliers. Remember Vegito non-SSJ being stronger than SSJ3 Goku.
    I could imagine uub being on Kid Buus level after the fusion but not before.

Why should a random Alien General like Rildo be 5 times stronger than Kid Buu who was as strong as all gods combined? Seriously i think that everything pre SSJ4 Goku is weaker than SSJ3 Goku or Mystic Gohan at the end of DBZ.

In the end although some might say that GT is "canon" because Toriyama worked on it too... i personally say it isn't canon to the whole Dragonball universe. It maybe should be viewed as a extra series that was made to get more money.

So if there will ever be something new about Dragonball i really hope it will be post-DBZ while ignoring GT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rildo isn't some random alien general he's a android fused with all the metal on the planet. He is basically a fighting planet. I don't see why a planet wouldn't be super strong id hate to be punched by the earth I know that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by divinepurpose View Post
    And this is why these showdowns are somewhat unfair, and make me sad.

Anyone who thinks Goku can't win needs a check-up from the neck-up.
    I find it laughable talking about how boring, bland and OP Goku is and they neglect the walking God clause that is Cthulhu.
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny when they complain that DBZ characters are way to strong for their opponent, then come up with ways for the opponent to beat the DBZ character. Aren't those contradictory? If you think the other character can beat the DBZ character, than that either means you don't think the DBZ character is too strong, or you think that both characters are too strong.

Also, wasn't the whole point of making this contest finding the strongest? How can you be too strong for that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

Also, wasn't the whole point of making this contest finding the strongest? How can you be too strong for that?
    Apparently not, if Magikarp fucking beat Magneto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Apparently not, if Magikarp fucking beat Magneto.
    At that point, I thought Magikarp would win the whole thing, but then he lost to Mario in the next round. Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    I launched an anti-Magikarp Super PAC. The rest worked itself out.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I find it funny when they complain that DBZ characters are way to strong for their opponent, then come up with ways for the opponent to beat the DBZ character. Aren't those contradictory? If you think the other character can beat the DBZ character, than that either means you don't think the DBZ character is too strong, or you think that both characters are too strong.

Yeah, that's why I've stayed out of the x character is too OP arguments. I found them to make no logical sense. There's no point in entering an argument when your opponent's argument is zombie jaffa cakes.

Should have trolled Cthulhu fanboys with Hercule argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Chi-Chi's boomerang helmet is enough to defeat C'thulu.

WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's not like his madness will affect her, she's already batshit crazy.

"GOHAN NEEDS TO STUDY!"
    "C'mon Chichi, don't you think saving the world is a little more important?"
    "NO! DO YOU THINKING SAVING THE WORLD WILL GET HIM INTO A GOOD UNIVERSITY?!"

First off, Chichi, yes, saving the world would probably get him a scholarship if Hercule hadn't done a kill-steal. Also, universities are located on the world that is in danger.