10+ Year Old Account
    It is likely bio electricity. I mean most of the aliens dont seem all that spiritual

I always assumed that, at least for the Z Fighters, ki was equivalent to chi. For alien beings, its possible that their life force (I.e. Frieza, Cold, Cooler, etc) is naturally stronger than humans, given the fact that they can, say, survive in space, etc. that's why their PL is higher than the Z Fighters at first.

For beings like Buu, their ki is magical in nature, Cell's is unnatural because he's, well, an android, etc. And the reason why transformations increase their ki and power level is because they sort of "evolve" into a higher state of being (some are permanent, like Cell's; another example is Buu, when he regresses from Super Buu to Kid Buu, he gets weaker).

That's just my thoughts on this subject, though. May or may not be wrong, but ki always seemed more of a "life force" thing than a sort of "spiritual energy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I always assumed that, at least for the Z Fighters, ki was equivalent to chi. For alien beings, its possible that their life force (I.e. Frieza, Cold, Cooler, etc) is naturally stronger than humans, given the fact that they can, say, survive in space, etc. that's why their PL is higher than the Z Fighters at first.

For beings like Buu, their ki is magical in nature, Cell's is unnatural because he's, well, an android, etc. And the reason why transformations increase their ki and power level is because they sort of "evolve" into a higher state of being (some are permanent, like Cell's; another example is Buu, when he regresses from Super Buu to Kid Buu, he gets weaker).

That's just my thoughts on this subject, though. May or may not be wrong, but ki always seemed more of a "life force" thing than a sort of "spiritual energy."
    Did he get weaker? The way I understood it is that he became more powerfull since the great kai or what ever he was called no longer suppressed his power. Or did I understand it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Did he get weaker? The way I understood it is that he became more powerfull since the great kai or what ever he was called no longer suppressed his power. Or did I understand it wrong?
    Kid Buu isn't as strong as Super Buu, but he is just as, if not more, dangerious because he is completely insane and lacks any and all restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just look at Zen Buu in DBZ multiverse

He also gained the personality, talents, and intelligence of all those he absorbed.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    http://thedaoofdragonball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/saikyo-jump-goku-mother-revealed.jpg

WE WILL SEE GOKU'S MOM!

http://thedaoofdragonball.com/blog/n...ther-revealed/
    Whhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt?!?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup the "prequel" Jaco the galaxy patrol man will show her in april.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm betting on her having a Raditz hairstyle.

http://www.dblegends.com/2014/02/nex...o-star-vegeta/

So if there is a new one, what're the chances we're going to see a SSJG Vegeta?

I am hella excited, Vegeta is my favorite ^__^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    So if there is a new one, what're the chances we're going to see a SSJG Vegeta?
    Didn't he say in BotG that next time, he gets to be the SSG?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Didn't he say in BotG that next time, he gets to be the SSG?
    yeah but so far we don't even know if the same sayians can take part in 2 godifications .... could be it's justa 1 time thing... so he'd have to find 5 other sayians xD

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    yeah but so far we don't even know if the same sayians can take part in 2 godifications .... could be it's justa 1 time thing... so he'd have to find 5 other sayians xD
    Maybe. If that's the case, just have the new, big bad kill Bulma in front of him. He'll get so pissed off, they won't even need him to be a SSJG.

And besides, she can always be brought back with the Dragonballs, no biggie.

10+ Year Old Account
    any 1 knows any good DBZ rpgs that are in english? or fan translated in english at least? I'm craving for some dbz rpg xD I know the ones for Snes and gba but I was hoping something a bit more recent ...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    any 1 knows any good DBZ rpgs that are in english? or fan translated in english at least? I'm craving for some dbz rpg xD I know the ones for Snes and gba but I was hoping something a bit more recent ...
    AFAIK Buu's Fury is the last RPG(ish) DB/Z game made (not counting DBO). Dragon Ball tends to gravitate towards fighting games.

This will start a shit storm...

Female Super Saiyan... Battle worn clothes ripping off as she power levels up! Have fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corgrash View Post
    This will start a shit storm...

Female Super Saiyan... Battle worn clothes ripping off as she power levels up! Have fun
    yeah, frankly I liked the fact that dbz had little to no fanservice ... it used to have it in db(bulma with playboy bunny suit, bulma without panties, etc) but much less if at all in dbz(I don't actually remember her wearing any skimpy outfits in dbz)... but hey it won't stop me from drooling over sexy female pixels xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    AFAIK Buu's Fury is the last RPG(ish) DB/Z game made (not counting DBO). Dragon Ball tends to gravitate towards fighting games.
    yeah sadly I was afraid this is the case ... which is kind of sad if you ask me... there's plenty of material for a decent RPG set in the dbz universe ... it could even mix it up with fighting to keep the gameplay exhilarating... something like kingdoms of amalur but with dbz, I'd kill for it...

Choose your race: Human, namekian, sayian, hybrid(human+sayian), and heck even other crazier races such as majin, android, demon, kai...

Gameplay wise make it a combinatin of elder scrolls(in terms of world design, as open as possible, and skills so you can basically learn and master everything, but make it hard to master them, much harder than in skyrim I mean...) and amalur or even god of war/devil may cry(the combat mostly, felt much better than skyrim's and would fit dbz more, ofc with some tweaks).

Frankly I think their mistake with DBO was that they made the gameplay too slow paced ... it doesn't really feel like dbz when you have to wait for auto attacks and cooldowns and stuff...

I really don't get it why they don't do this and instead just rehash the same fighting game a dozen times ...

I mean they could just use the art assets from ultimate tenkaichi or battle of z and save a lot of money on that alone ... just add "a few" more assets for the player character and items and npc diversity ... but most of the dbz team would already be in place and the base models for the playable characters...

They'd still have to create a full open world ofc which would take a lot of resources to do well... Hire some good writers, overseen by toryiama himself, to write a new original story for the player character and the quests(and none of that time travel bullshit from dbo, maybe a parallel universe could work)... you start off with whatever character you chose, and depending on race you start at different points in time or even in different places(think the dragon age origins way, how each race had it's own origin story), for example:

Humans would start on earth naturally, some time around the first world martial arts torunament in dragon ball(goku's first tournament), you are one of the contestants, a kid the same age as goku and quickly progress through the story of dbz altered to accomodate the new protagonist.

hybrids start on earth also but a few hundred years in the future and you have to gather the dragon balls and wish back the heroes of the past (goku and the rest of the z fighters, including the default character for the human race) to help you deal with the new menace that threatens the earth, after hearing the legends about them.

Sayians would start on planet Vegeta some time before it was blown by freeza, you are a henchman and you go to a few various planets to conquer them, then your origin ends with you running from freeza when he destroys planet Vegeta, but due to an error with the space ship you escape in, you are stuck in cryogenic state until someone(none other than the hybrid character) discovers your ship, which coincidentally landed on planet earth.

Namekians would be the descendants of picollo/dende but they start on namek, which gets destroyed by this new evil character that also threatens earth(his invading armies are already there, hence why the hybrid character is trying to find the dragon balls) and manages to escape to earth, much like picollo did, and eventually meets with the rest of the team.

The Demons/majin could be initially troops of the evil character, but, after being betrayed by him they vow to stop him, they will start out by invading earth but when they fail(get stopped by the new Z team) and report back to their master he kills all their squad except the 2 of them who manage to survive somehow and wake up on earth in the care of the z fighters who give them each a senzu bean and decide to team up with them.

After the whole team meets the game starts it's main story, with all characters training to defeat the new evil force that is set to conquer the universe... and ofc plot twists and free roaming and visiting other planets, and other side-villains(for a lack of a better word) meant to make you stronger... and after you defeat the main villain a new opponent appears and challenges you to a duel, and proceeds to kick your ass... and then the end game starts, where you have to basically train to the max,get the best items, etc... in order to tackle this ultimate challenge which proves to be the god of destruction of this universe.

anyway this was all just off the top of my head I'm sure a team of decent writers could come up with something much better...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2014-02-02 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So random machines can kick his ass

10+ Year Old Account
    ah yes, I had forgotten about that xD, still I don't find it sexy/sexual xD maybe it's because of the color...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there was also some Marin stuff that could be considered fan service.