Wow, that's some interesting stuff. Not necessarily the questions I would have asked him, but glad to hear that Toriyama seems to be working on the universe again, hammering out details and such. Really cool, I'd love to see more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Wow, that's some interesting stuff. Not necessarily the questions I would have asked him, but glad to hear that Toriyama seems to be working on the universe again, hammering out details and such. Really cool, I'd love to see more.
    I like how Hercule met and got his ass kicked by Tao

tbh I never liked that there are more forms of a ssj. could more or less get a long with ssj2 (which was named in my friendhood for long time ultra saiyan).
    but ssj3 ate the cake.
    never watched GT really. only read some chapters in a comic/manga magazin.

I like it that if we get new movies we won't see goku in ssj3.

btw
    After the fight with Beerus, Goku realized that mastering his normal state and Super Saiyan would raise his level more and sap less strength
    didn't goku realize this during the training before the cell games?

Deleted
    Ok so Satan is actually a lot weaker than Goku was when being a little child when he beat Tao Pei Pei... so a powerlevel over 200 like some assumed is pretty much impossible. It would rather be around 25 or something like that.

I dont like the fact that there wont be new SSJ transformations... it was one of the most important things about the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    I dont like the fact that there wont be new SSJ transformations... it was one of the most important things about the series.
    Well no more new SSJ forms could open up for more creative ways to power up than SSJ n+1 and bigger Kamehameha.
    Though the "combat system" in Dragon Ball is a bit more limited in shounen series that have come after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowington707 View Post
    "Goku endlessly keeps getting stronger, with Super Saiyan 3 in the manga and Super Saiyan 4 in the anime; does Super Saiyan keep getting limitlessly stronger too? Might we eventually see things such as a Super Saiyan 5…?

Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are nothing more than powered-up variations of Super Saiyan. After the fight with Beerus, Goku realized that mastering his normal state and Super Saiyan would raise his level more and sap less strength, so I think he probably won’t become Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any more."

Not going to lie, I'm actual sad about this. It means that if we do get a new DBZ saga (please God), we won't be seeing SSJ2, 3 or even God. He'll fight in base or SSJ at the most. While that's cool and all, I will miss 3 and God. Oh well, I'd just be ecstatic to have DBZ again.
    That sorta seems to go against what Goku would do, at least to me. Why would Goku not want to master the next stages of SS so he could master those as well so he could confront tougher enemies if he had to use those forms?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    That sorta seems to go against what Goku would do, at least to me. Why would Goku not want to master the next stages of SS so he could master those as well so he could confront tougher enemies if he had to use those forms?
    Eh, he's done it before. He focused on normal SSJ while Vegeta focused on ASSJ, and Goku came out on top with the FPSSJ.

I'd always assumed that the same would go for SSJ2 and 3. That is, if they got used to the form, the benefits would be maximized while minimizing the benefits, i.e. a FPSSJ2 or a FPSSJ3. Guess not

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    tbh I never liked that there are more forms of a ssj. could more or less get a long with ssj2 (which was named in my friendhood for long time ultra saiyan).
    but ssj3 ate the cake.
    never watched GT really. only read some chapters in a comic/manga magazin.

I like it that if we get new movies we won't see goku in ssj3.

btw

didn't goku realize this during the training before the cell games?
    He realized it when he rearched the same forms that Trunks and Vegeta reached (heavily implied that Vegeta got the Ultra Ascended form too). Goku did not see obtaining power as a possible means through those forms like Vegeta and Trunks. It was the training in ss1 that lead to the real next stage of super saiyan, the ss2.

What he is realizing now is basically the same thing, but still different. ss2 and ss3 are like the ultra ascended and super ultra ascended aka vegeta and trunks forms that they used on cell. (they are both just power boosts in the regular ss1 form, not real forms on there own). while ss2 and ss3 are the next step, they have similar draw backs (more apparent in ss3) Goku now sees those forms as the same as the two weaker forms that vegeta and trunks used. He is going back to basics to get stronger once again.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...f_his_pack.jpg

someone throw some ss hair on dis guy
    Did someone say they wanted random saiyan photoshopping?

so if ss 2 and 3 are just boosted up forms of ss1 does this mean ss4 is technically ss2 and that there will be another form after that which looks completely different like ss4 did O-O

also pretty surprised the whiners finally got something dbz on toonami. i wonder if they will ever get the tv series rights so people can finally shut up about how it "not teh same without dbz"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

BTW, this is what this guy considers a "quick, silly doodle".
    Last edited by Lahis; 2014-05-05 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I actually forgot all about that chapter lol Though tbf, the anime did change things. As anime tends to do really xD

Sure, you could try make some of them "fit". But they're not canon. Some only "fit" at a stretch too. Too many variables really, imo.

SSJ4 basically doesn't exist. All you'll likely see now is the normal Super Saiyan form, but they'll just be stronger. I guess Toriyama got tired of all that crazy SSJ3 hair xD

I wish the UK still got Toonami. You guys have some pretty decent stuff on these days. Anime on UK TV includes reruns of FUNimation's Kai dub and that's literally it lol Though we are one of the few listed countries to be getting the Buu saga of Kai so far. No idea if that'll be dubbed or what though. I'm hoping not.
    wait the uk doesnt have toonami?

i couldve sworn it was only cartoon network asia and whatnot that didnt get all the toonami stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

if the uk doesnt get this i feel very sorry for my fellow brits who dont live in america.

you get better snacks but miss out on toonami. O-O

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

SSJ4 basically doesn't exist. All you'll likely see now is the normal Super Saiyan form, but they'll just be stronger. I guess Toriyama got tired of all that crazy SSJ3 hair xD
    Which if they decide on a new series, kind of means the show will be incredibly boring. Unless they really step up the complexities of the battles, the fact that there is only one "form" means there's really nothing to look forward to. No Gohan going crazy and hitting SSJ2 and fucking up Cell. No Piccolo fusing and competing with 17. Unless they figure out a way to include all the fighters instead of just Goku Goku Goku, I don't expect a new series to be that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Which if they decide on a new series, kind of means the show will be incredibly boring. Unless they really step up the complexities of the battles, the fact that there is only one "form" means there's really nothing to look forward to. No Gohan going crazy and hitting SSJ2 and fucking up Cell. No Piccolo fusing and competing with 17. Unless they figure out a way to include all the fighters instead of just Goku Goku Goku, I don't expect a new series to be that interesting.
    I still want there to be a movie with Vegeta going SSJG.

He deserves it. We deserve it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by priestalisha View Post
    Did someone say they wanted random saiyan photoshopping?

Now I need this in avatar form with a scouter haha. You are a wonder!

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy Piccolo Day!

10+ Year Old Account
    So there's this anime convention in Portugal, and this year they got Kageyama to go there on a concert. I went there with a few friends, and of course, watching the concert was mandatory.

Gotta say, he's the most energetic guy I've seen live on stage. Obviously, the very first song was Cha-La Head-Cha-La. Sadly I don't have any pictures since my cellphone's terrible, and it didn't cross my mind to take my sister's camera with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching through the beginning of the Buu saga. First off, I would have preferred if the story just became an entire arc of non-villain stuff, and dealt with the rest of the tournament (would have been more exciting fights). Yes, I was enjoying Great Saiyaman and Videl more than the annoying-ass Buu. Actually, I was enjoying Great Saiyaman a lot more than 'everyone listens to Supreme Kai even though he keeps being wrong". Really, if they had ignored him ONCE, nothing would have happened, except maybe Vegeta beating the everloving shit out of Dabura, Buu restored prematurely and subsequently being beat the shit out of by Vegeta again. Also, the "strategy" of letting what they thought to be the most powerful person on the planet be absorbed so they could follow the guys to Babidi's ship and risk Buu being restored because they didn't bother to follow them in initially anyway. Or, just not letting him get his energy absorbed, or not even following them to the ship. because, if they didn't plan on stopping them when they got there, then Shin knew that Gohan's energy wasn't enough. Therefore, just chill out and wait anyway, because Babidi still needed energy, from someone who was strong enough. Or, once they got in, get Goku to just instant transmission to Babidi. I think he can do that before meeting him, right?

The point is, Buu was a stupid villain, but the entire premise of releasing him was incredibly stupid.