10+ Year Old Account
    I finished Xenoverse's story mode a few days ago. Goten spawned giving me one of those one-time quests, facing all the non-fused Super Saiyans. I get to face Goten and Trunks first. Not too bad. Then come Vegeta and future Trunks. They can be a pain, but still manageable.

And then come Goku and Gohan. Man... these guys made me taste a bit of my own medicine. I invested loads of stats on super ki attacks, and am packing Super Vegeta + Final Flash + Big Bang Attack + Vegeta's master soul + the best Ki charge move. All of this, combined with either some melee or Instant Transmition, allows me to land powerful as heck Final Flashes. It's a VERY cheap strategy, but it works. Now Goku and Gohan are showing me just how unfair and skill-less this is... these guys put me between Super Kamehamehas all the time, and when I do manage a dodge... melee before I can even defend myself. It doesn't help that I frankly suck at dodging (sorry, Piccolo) and just generally defending or avoiding attacks.

Also, screw getting Z rank in some Patrol missions. Do everything perfectly, but still take some hits, beat the mission in a minute and 30 seconds... nope, still S rank.

I also created two new characters since I unlocked the slots. A Frieza race that is also ki-blast oriented, and a melee combo oriented Earthling. I had no idea that all characters would have the story mode completed and access to my first character's earned abilities, equipment, and every non-story progress.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2015-03-14 at 10:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I finished Xenoverse's story mode a few days ago. Goten spawned giving me one of those one-time quests, facing all the non-fused Super Saiyans. I get to face Goten and Trunks first. Not too bad. Then come Vegeta and future Trunks. They can be a pain, but still manageable.

And then come Goku and Gohan. Man... these guys made me taste a bit of my own medicine. I invested loads of stats on super ki attacks, and am packing Super Vegeta + Final Flash + Big Bang Attack + Vegeta's master soul + the best Ki charge move. All of this, combined with either some melee or Instant Transmition, allows me to land powerful as heck Final Flashes. It's a VERY cheap strategy, but it works. Now Goku and Gohan are showing me just how unfair and skill-less this is... these guys put me between Super Kamehamehas all the time, and when I do manage a dodge... melee before I can even defend myself. It doesn't help that I frankly suck at dodging (sorry, Piccolo) and just generally defending or avoiding attacks.

Also, screw getting Z rank in some Patrol missions. Do everything perfectly, but still take some hits, beat the mission in a minute and 30 seconds... nope, still S rank.

I also created two new characters since I unlocked the slots. A Frieza race that is also ki-blast oriented, and a melee combo oriented Earthling. I had no idea that all characters would have the story mode completed and access to my first character's earned abilities, equipment, and every non-story progress.
    Yea I figured that out when they give you so many items in the shop you cant use or wear for your character, when I saw I could get SSJ in the shop, or clothes for majin, I realized everything carried over to my alts too. There would be no reason for majin outfits to be available to my earthling or using SSJ :P

That said, im still kinda sad they made storymode already done and stuff, I would like to go through it again from the start without having to go the to the time place to select the quest I want to do.

As for the Z rank patrol missions. I KNOW RIGHT!?! I have gotten Z rank on some without the ultimate finish, then I get ultimate finish and barely hit S. Its infuriating sometimes xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Yea I figured that out when they give you so many items in the shop you cant use or wear for your character, when I saw I could get SSJ in the shop, or clothes for majin, I realized everything carried over to my alts too. There would be no reason for majin outfits to be available to my earthling or using SSJ :P

That said, im still kinda sad they made storymode already done and stuff, I would like to go through it again from the start without having to go the to the time place to select the quest I want to do.

As for the Z rank patrol missions. I KNOW RIGHT!?! I have gotten Z rank on some without the ultimate finish, then I get ultimate finish and barely hit S. Its infuriating sometimes xD
    They may add more story mode missions with the DLC.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Oh they are going to, the left a cliffhanger with the act 1 bosses, the whole wormhole thing after you already kill the end boss etc. Its just going to be spaced out due to it still being a new game. I have the season pass, and already made my level 80 earthling. Going to work on a Saiyan next (with a lets play! youtube, I wanted to beat hte game first cause I hate all the "gamers" on youtube that suck at the games they play -.-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Oh they are going to, the left a cliffhanger with the act 1 bosses, the whole wormhole thing after you already kill the end boss etc. Its just going to be spaced out due to it still being a new game. I have the season pass, and already made my level 80 earthling. Going to work on a Saiyan next (with a lets play! youtube, I wanted to beat hte game first cause I hate all the "gamers" on youtube that suck at the games they play -.-)
    I just beat it today...and...I am a bit confused about somthing near the end:

When you are killed by Demigra and you wake up in limbo only to find a scroll...go back in time...and save yourself. HOW THE HELL did you end up in said limbo!? You hear Tokitoki at the end when you black out, but he was already inside Demigra. Unless you did die there, and the you that you play for the endboss is actually a you from another timeline OR the you that was killed there got sent to that limbo by Tokitoki AFTER the you that fought Demigra beat him (and before that other you woke up which is why there wasnt a second you at the end). Either way...TIME TRAVEL HURTS MY BRAIN!

Also a tip about Saiyan: Focus on Health...a lot. Don't make the mistake I did and not focus on it until later. Saiyans have the LOWEST health stat of all the races, they can die...quickly. On the plus side you can basically cheese your way through bosses who like to cheat with Super Armor. Go SSJ and just SPAM ULTIMATES!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I think there was a DS9 episode with Chief O'brien where he says that too, when he meets his future self, they discuss, well if you are my past, and im your future, but I dont remember my past, so how does this happen without me knowing? -in unison- I hate temporal mechanics.

I feel its more along the lines of Bill and Ted's excellent adventure logic. You just decide "well in the future, ill go in the past and set it up so my past selves succeed" then after everything is fixed, you go back in time and do what you were supposed to do.. aka a stable time loop. The essence of time travel means that once its invented, you can do things like that as long as you are aware of it in the first place. You weren't killed immediately, so you just decided "ill go back in time to prevent myself from dying" then WHAM it happens, so when you get better, you go back in time and prevent yourself from dying :P. The only time that doesn't work is if you are killed without realizing it. Like being shot in the back and dying instantly, or with no possible way to be saved.

Also, I dont need hp mostly cause I have the mixed Z-soul for Broly that makes me take a very large reduced amount of damage. Its like I had 100% more hp.
    Last edited by Nilinor; 2015-03-15 at 03:16 AM.

This thread am no real super sand.

I had many fond memories of coming home from school to watch Dragonball and Dragonball Z on Toonami, even enjoyed all the saga repeats while they waited for more eps. It was the first anime I ever watched and my all time favorite as well. And personally you can't beat the funimation voice actors, Chris Sabbot as Vegeta/Piccolo/75% of the characters and Sean Schemmel as Goku, you can't beat them. Only people who come close are the guys at Team Four Star. They've been doing a lets play series in Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse and its hilarious, I just wish they'd all stay in character throughout the series instead of random character lines. "MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE"

- - - Updated - - -

Also, every fight in the series has been epic to me, but a few did stand out. Goku Vs Freiza, Gohan Vs Cell, Goku Vs Majin Vegeta, and my all time favorite, Goku And Vegeta's first fight, so well done. *Whilst doing his best Kamehameha Wave he can against Vegeta's Gallick Gun* "KAIOKEN....TIMES FOUR" along with the "Family Kamehame" from that one Brolly movie.

10+ Year Old Account

Why couldn't he/she have a form like his older brother Cooler.
    The whole gold armor was kinda a let down to be honest.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account

If those fans that keep complaining SSG isn't flashy enough would have their way, this'd prolly be what we have now xD well maybe minus the pony

i don't think it should have gone into the god territory from the start. ss4 was the best they made, it should have stopped there or went to ss5 and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Also a tip about Saiyan: Focus on Health...a lot. Don't make the mistake I did and not focus on it until later. Saiyans have the LOWEST health stat of all the races, they can die...quickly. On the plus side you can basically cheese your way through bosses who like to cheat with Super Armor. Go SSJ and just SPAM ULTIMATES!
    I will keep that in mind when I manage to get myself a stat reset (missing 2 balls at the moment). I was already considering investing everything in Health, Ki, and Super Ki Attacks or whatever it's named, but this only confirms my decision
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I will keep that in mind when I manage to get myself a stat reset (missing 2 balls at the moment). I was already considering investing everything in Health, Ki, and Super Ki Attacks or whatever it's named, but this only confirms my decision
    I kept myself FAIRLY balanced, but ignored Strike Supers and focused on Ki Supers. But after I got Ki to about 30, Stam to about 20, Ki Supers to about 30 I just pumped all the rest into Health.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't think it should have gone into the god territory from the start. ss4 was the best they made, it should have stopped there or went to ss5 and that's it.
    SSJ4 is from GT. GT had nothing to do with Akira, the actual creator of the DB franchise. Therefore everything in GT is absolutely noncanon.
    Last edited by Keile; 2015-03-15 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kept myself FAIRLY balanced, but ignored Strike Supers and focused on Ki Supers. But after I got Ki to about 30, Stam to about 20, Ki Supers to about 30 I just pumped all the rest into Health.
    That's... a lot of health. I have honestly been ignoring health way more than I should. At first I went in blind so I kept it balanced (which I very much regret), and now I have a lot of dead stats hanging around. I've been investing shitloads into Ki Supers and mostly ignoring the other stats. That allows me to knock like half of a health bar off bosses like Demigra if they don't guard against it from the start, but I have to always keep them busy, because they kill me just by staring at me.

That's... a lot of health. I have honestly been ignoring health way more than I should. At first I went in blind so I kept it balanced (which I very much regret), and now I have a lot of dead stats hanging around. I've been investing shitloads into Ki Supers and mostly ignoring the other stats. That allows me to knock like half of a health bar off bosses like Demigra if they don't guard against it from the start, but I have to always keep them busy, because they kill me just by staring at me.
    Keep in mind: I am not 80 (max level) yet. I am 52.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind: I am not 80 (max level) yet. I am 52.
    Neither am I. I'm either 60 or very close to it. Also, thanks for saying that, I had no idea what the level cap was yet.

Scumbag Goku won't be my master until I'm level 70. I don't need your help, ass! I got Vegeta-sensei's teachings with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post

Why couldn't he/she have a form like his older brother Cooler.
    The whole gold armor was kinda a let down to be honest.

Cooler is not canon. Technically Frieza has no brother.

The same goes with Broly, btw....he doesn't exist either.

All of the movies before Battle of the Gods are non canon.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Bardock is also canon. Though he started out as an entirely filler character but later appeared in the manga.
    Bardock's special isn't canon, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always saw wrath of the dragon and fusion reborn as canon since they are more easily placed (although fusion reborn has issues)

Also Bojack since thats REAALLY easy to place.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The Trunks special is canon, it was a bonus chapter in the manga.

Bardock is also canon. Though he started out as an entirely filler character but later appeared in the manga.

Now that I think about it, the 2008 special is canon too.
    History of Trunks is a OVA, not a movie.