I didn't enjoy the Trunks TFS special as nearly as much as the others. I thought it was a bit too serious. I liked where they made a reference to Vegeta screaming on Namek though. Like I said before though, I enjoy Yugioh abridged a lot more. I think TFS should focus more on humor than being serious. I am interested to see what TFS does for the Broly movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CgTitan5 View Post
    I didn't enjoy the Trunks TFS special as nearly as much as the others. I thought it was a bit too serious. I liked where they made a reference to Vegeta screaming on Namek though. Like I said before though, I enjoy Yugioh abridged a lot more. I think TFS should focus more on humor than being serious. I am interested to see what TFS does for the Broly movie.
    They generally do. I don't recall a lot of serious moments in the Abridged series. There's some in the Trunks special, the argument between Piccolo and Kami before they fused (though that didn't last long). I want to say Vegeta's final words to Goku on Namek, but that was constantly interrupted with humor.

More than Broly, I'm interested in how they'll handle Cell's other forms, and Mr. Satan. Cell has been very hit or miss for me. I loved Cell's introduction and his dialogue against Piccolo, but I found his stuff with murdering the bus people not so good. His return at the end of the last episode has me hopeful, but we'll see.

I was positively impressed with 17 and 18. I didn't have high hopes for them at all, but I've found them hilarious (and strangely accurately portrayed) so far. I just hope Cell gets better when the androids are inevitably absorbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

The first series, was mediocre, Nappa was hilarious but the parts up to it were .. eh. its ok.

Frieza saga is where they hit it off really well, especially towards the end. Android Saga is really good, I do like the androids a lot, all of them. I can see why Cell acts the way he does, I honestly do think its like an inside joke, making him all whacked out like that since he is basically the bastard child of EVERY character in the series (besides yamcha)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    The first series, was mediocre, Nappa was hilarious but the parts up to it were .. eh. its ok.

Frieza saga is where they hit it off really well, especially towards the end. Android Saga is really good, I do like the androids a lot, all of them. I can see why Cell acts the way he does, I honestly do think its like an inside joke, making him all whacked out like that since he is basically the bastard child of EVERY character in the series (besides yamcha)
    That does make sense, actually. And he's actually Yamcha's "child" too. It's just Yamcha's so weak they can't even sense his ki in Cell's when he powers up. Or so I think
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like cell's taste in music

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when this guy was kinda cool.

I think the highlight of the series is when he goes perfect form and Krillin FINALLY uses his Kienzan and it doesnt do a goddamn thing.

I have no idea what they plan for that moment, but I have really high hopes for it.

I think TFS did a good job with Imperfect Cell's voice. It is pretty close to Dameon Clarkes, which is awesome in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty impressed with how far the series has progressed. The inclusion of music, the improvement of the voice actors (which are pretty near professional at this point) and the overall level of quality. It's been great to watch the series progress. One thing that definitely stands out to me is the improvement in voice overs. From the terrible old man voices initially for Roshi and Kami and how the show generally felt like it was being done by a couple of kids for fun, to the amazing story telling that each voice can portray now. Emotions seem much more genuine now, especially anger from Vegeta and frustration from Trunks.

One scene that always cracks me up is when Trunks is trying to convince Vegeta not to blast down the door leading to Gero and the androids, stating that they can't do it without Goku. The urgency in his voice is there. Equally as passionate is the emotion in Vegeta's voice, as he replies with "Why? It's a God damn door" with full seriousness and music playing in the background, before he blasts the door open. It's such an incredible improvement from where the show started off.

I don't mind the wait, just because of how curious I am to see how much further they progress the series.

On the topic of the Trunks special, I was sadly disappointed with it. Quite simply, it wasn't as funny as the other specials have been. It wasn't bad, but they've set such a high standard in my eyes that this special as decent as it was, didn't match up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    On the topic of the Trunks special, I was sadly disappointed with it. Quite simply, it wasn't as funny as the other specials have been. It wasn't bad, but they've set such a high standard in my eyes that this special as decent as it was, didn't match up.
    That's how I feel as well. That's the bad thing about setting a high standard, people will be disappointed when you don't meet that standard. I'm not gonna hold that against them, though. It's like Cold said. You win some, you lose some.

And yeah, I agree about how much they improved. I'm not a fan of changing a character's voice halfway through, even for parodies, but for Kami it was such a colossal improvement that I can't complain about it at all. It only took him dying once!

History of trunks was pretty dark in the original, so imo they couldn't have done much.
    I would rate it 6/10 while most of the other stuff is 10/10 or >10/10.
    I didn't really like the episode were they met 19 and 20, the "has anyone bacon?" joke felt to forced imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer DBZ abridged over Yugioh abridged. DBZ abridged has a greater focus on the anime while Yugioh abridge is pretty far off from it. Most of the duels get ignored and thats where some comedy could be had. Also some of it just gets rushed through or ignored. Then again its mainly done by Lil K. I actually find Yugioh Abridged to be more forced most of the time, but its still good for fans to watch.

I feel that even a non fan could find DBZ abridged kinda funny, not so much Yugioh Abridged.

ygo gets a big plus for the songs LK made (especially when shadyvox was still abridgeing(this is a word now))
    and how often he makes fun of the "I save the world with a childrens card game"

Sooo..

Krillin is real now...

http://abc7news.com/health/alabama-b...erfect/624226/

Assuming they don't do corrective surgery as they claim they won't, when this kid grows up he totally needs to do a Krillin Cosplay.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Assuming they don't do corrective surgery as they claim they won't, when this kid grows up he totally needs to do a Krillin Cosplay.
    Apparently he has to wait untill puberty before he can have his nose build. Plenty of time to do the Krillin

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    History of trunks was pretty dark in the original, so imo they couldn't have done much.
    I would rate it 6/10 while most of the other stuff is 10/10 or >10/10.
    I didn't really like the episode were they met 19 and 20, the "has anyone bacon?" joke felt to forced imo
    true

it wasnt as good but i still liked it

i think the long wait made it worse tbh

that being said...i cant wait for the series to resume again

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually really liked the History of Trunks DBZA personally. The original special is one of the better Dragonball Z "episodes" and it's also pretty dark and heartbreaking. The Abridged adaptation wasn't laugh out loud funny the whole way through like some of the episodes of the show they've done but I think given the source material that was to be expected and I actually like that they took it somewhat seriously. It makes it more of a fitting tribute to the original show and not just a giant taking-the-piss tangent, which is one of the reasons I enjoy DBZA more than Yugioh Abridged.

With DBZA, you could actually watch it if you'd never seen Dragonball Z before and you'd pretty much still pick up the entire story close enough to what really happened. You still get a lot of the "big" moments portrayed with at least some level of dignity! I like that about it. I'm glad Trunks going Super Saiyan was treated with seriousness and not turned into some kind of dumb gag, for example, because it was a pretty big moment in the show. Somehow, they made it more emotional than the real dub - god damn Doomsday is such a good theme choice!

I mean, I guess to each their own and some people just watch for the slapstick comedy and that's cool, I can see why the Trunks special wouldn't be good for you, but I enjoyed it.

Also, I loved the Dr. Who music references (and chrono trigger!) especially the amazing credits theme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I remember when this guy was kinda cool.
    Never? Remember the fight against the invisible man?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I actually really liked the History of Trunks DBZA personally. The original special is one of the better Dragonball Z "episodes" and it's also pretty dark and heartbreaking. The Abridged adaptation wasn't laugh out loud funny the whole way through like some of the episodes of the show they've done but I think given the source material that was to be expected and I actually like that they took it somewhat seriously. It makes it more of a fitting tribute to the original show and not just a giant taking-the-piss tangent, which is one of the reasons I enjoy DBZA more than Yugioh Abridged.

With DBZA, you could actually watch it if you'd never seen Dragonball Z before and you'd pretty much still pick up the entire story close enough to what really happened. You still get a lot of the "big" moments portrayed with at least some level of dignity! I like that about it. I'm glad Trunks going Super Saiyan was treated with seriousness and not turned into some kind of dumb gag, for example, because it was a pretty big moment in the show. Somehow, they made it more emotional than the real dub - god damn Doomsday is such a good theme choice!

I mean, I guess to each their own and some people just watch for the slapstick comedy and that's cool, I can see why the Trunks special wouldn't be good for you, but I enjoyed it.

Also, I loved the Dr. Who music references (and chrono trigger!) especially the amazing credits theme.
    I can see where you're coming from. From a comedy standpoint, yes, it was seriously below most work they put out. But I agree it's pretty hard to work comedy into such a dark episode.

I agree about the moment Trunks transformed, it was pretty amazing. Not in a comedy way, but still amazing. Again, I point towards the argument between Kami and Piccolo. While they put some comedy in the middle of it (thanks Nail!), it was a pretty serious moment... and they actually conveyed that damn well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Never? Remember the fight against the invisible man?
    He was slightly cool when he was first introduced and fought evenly against a hungry Goku. Then he saw Bulma and ran like a bitch because he was afraid of girls. It was all downhill from there.

I think his only decent moments were grabbing Oozaru Goku's tail, beating Recoome on King Kai's planet and beating Olibu and Gorilla on Grand Kai's planet, and two of those were filler.

Deleted
    He beat up a hungry child, truly the pinnacle of martial arts.