10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why Dr. Gero gave himself the body of one of his weaker versions of android bodies. Couldn't he make himself a cybernetic type like 17/18? I assume his computer could do it for him if he can't directly perform on himself, since it could handle 13, 14, 15 and Cell. Or, if not that, attach his brain to a 16 type robot instead of the weaker power-absorbing type.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I wonder why Dr. Gero gave himself the body of one of his weaker versions of android bodies. Couldn't he make himself a cybernetic type like 17/18? I assume his computer could do it for him if he can't directly perform on himself, since it could handle 13, 14, 15 and Cell. Or, if not that, attach his brain to a 16 type robot instead of the weaker power-absorbing type.
    He probably assumed that his energy absorbing model would be enough to best any opponent that wasn't an android, thinking that 17, and 18 wouldn't turn on him almost immediately after they where awakened.

My best guess is that because he made all other androids with this model that he thought that 19 and 20(aka him self) would be superior for fighting Goku and the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he intended to one day, but at the time of his androidification, the energy absorbing model was the best he could do. He definitely couldn't have used an Android 16 model because he hadn't even finished working on the prototype before he got killed.

Deleted
    Would red scouter be possible on my avatar even tho it's a awesome fish?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nbcall View Post
    He probably assumed that his energy absorbing model would be enough to best any opponent that wasn't an android, thinking that 17, and 18 wouldn't turn on him almost immediately after they where awakened.
    When he awakens them, he talks about how they were disobedient before he shut them down. Considering he had the shut off remote with him after re-awakening them, he must have suspected they'd likely try something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Maybe he intended to one day, but at the time of his androidification, the energy absorbing model was the best he could do. He definitely couldn't have used an Android 16 model because he hadn't even finished working on the prototype before he got killed.
    I'm not certain, but I think the only thing unfinished with 16 was the personality programming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not certain, but I think the only thing unfinished with 16 was the personality programming.
    You are right, but his incomplete programming made him a danger to Dr. Gero, so he hadn't even had a chance to activate him and see his capabilities for certain, so he would not have put his brain in a model with untested durability.

10+ Year Old Account
    When he awakens them, he talks about how they were disobedient before he shut them down. Considering he had the shut off remote with him after re-awakening them, he must have suspected they'd likely try something.
    You are correct, the remote, I had forgotten about that! Sorry its been awhile sense I watch the android saga. However i still believe that despite this, he still thought that he could control them and that they wouldn't be as "disobedient" as before because of this.
    Last edited by Nbcall; 2012-04-15 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    Would red scouter be possible on my avatar even tho it's a awesome fish?

Couldn't really get the earpiece right, possible because it doesn't have ears.

Btw, that thing's head looks like Stewie Griffin's.

The reason Gero made himself an energy absorption model instead of an unlimited energy model is because he actually thought the absorption models were superior.

Deleted

Couldn't really get the earpiece right, possible because it doesn't have ears.

Btw, that thing's head looks like Stewie Griffin's.
    Thanks, that's good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zoma your the man. Could I possibly trouble you to give Andy Sangerg a Scouter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The reason Gero made himself an energy absorption model instead of an unlimited energy model is because he actually thought the absorption models were superior.
    This page from the manga implies that Gero prefered the power-absorption type because they are more obedient, as the cyborg type were too strong to control. As a subordinate, the power-absorption type would be superior, but it seems Gero is aware that the cyborg types are stronger. Since he doesn't have to worry about himself disobeying, wouldn't that make the cyborg type better for himself?

Btw, how is it that he is intelligent enough to construct several androids capable of Super Saiyan strength or higher using human technology, but he thinks a robot that can run out of energy is better than one with infinite energy?

I thought he made himself into the android he was just because he turned himself into an android before he could make the other kinds, and logically, it seems like the absorption ones would be better since no energy attack even hurts them and goes even further to help them. The only drawback was that they did not have unlimited energy like the other ones. Obviously when the two are combined (super 17 ) it is much better. Speaking of super 17, where did the second one come from. Did they say there was one in hell because future trunks killed it? So.. time-lines mix together in the afterlife??

Also aww 29 still isnt out
    Last edited by Lymph; 2012-04-15 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nbcall View Post
    Zoma your the man. Could I possibly trouble you to give Andy Sangerg a Scouter?
    Might be a while, my first attempt looks really weird with the glasses.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Speaking of super 17, where did the second one come from. Did they say there was one in hell because future trunks killed it? So.. time-lines mix together in the afterlife??
    I think Gero and Myuu made Hell Fighter 17 in hell as a machine mutant (aka, same type as Rilldo and Baby)

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be a while, my first attempt looks really weird with the glasses.
    Oh right, i hadn't considered that. Would it be any easier on this picture?

Oh, that would make more sense I guess.. I thought myuu's contributions were his ideas and science behind the portal etc.

Also I have some cool screenshots of DBZ that I took, and I would like to make one my avatar but it says invalid. How do I make it valid? Maybe too big or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Oh, that would make more sense I guess.. I thought myuu's contributions were his ideas and science behind the portal etc.

Also I have some cool screenshots of DBZ that I took, and I would like to make one my avatar but it says invalid. How do I make it valid? Maybe too big or something?
    Max avatar file size is 20 kB, maybe that's the problem?

Link it in a post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Max avatar file size is 20 kB, maybe that's the problem?

Link it in a post.
    Plus image type limits (jpg., etc.), plus size limits (100px x 100 px). Plus, you can't upload em straight here from your PC. I don't know if that option even still exists, but you can't. have to upload it to an image hosting size, preferably Imgur.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 08:52 PM ----------

Oh, I had an issue with my current avatar. I think jpg worked but not png
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-04-15 at 01:53 AM.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ib1baa.jpg
    or http://i41.tinypic.com/fof628.jpg

Also is there a way to put images on here without uploading to image hosting site? or no

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say. The SS3 scene was awesome. Having only watched DBZ through Kai and clips of the original, I hope they do that scene justice with updated graphics and voices.