Jiren's eyes are really getting a lot of focus, pretty sure him being OP has to do with them and his meditation.

Deleted
    inb4 Kale wipes the floor with jiren when she goes super saiyan berserk in EP114

so when will gogeta come out and play?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like my theory might be right, Jiren has stopped to meditate again. There has to be a reason this guy isn't the leader of their little group. I think it is because he has to routinely meditate to maintain that godly level of strength. If that concentration is broken, he might jump down several levels in strength. Breaking Hit's time prison thing consumed almost all of his energy, that's why he had to stop, otherwise he would become weaker and loose the illusion of being an unstoppable force.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Looks like my theory might be right, Jiren has stopped to meditate again. There has to be a reason this guy isn't the leader of their little group. I think it is because he has to routinely meditate to maintain that godly level of strength. If that concentration is broken, he might jump down several levels in strength. Breaking Hit's time prison thing consumed almost all of his energy, that's why he had to stop, otherwise he would become weaker and loose the illusion of being an unstoppable force.
    Why would the strongest person of a group be the leader? He's just a powerful mofo, and he does not look like he wants or likes to fight much.

Can we have Brienne erased already? And her entire Universe please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Why would the strongest person of a group be the leader? He's just a powerful mofo, and he does not look like he wants or likes to fight much.

Can we have Brienne erased already? And her entire Universe please.
    Not till see we some Rozie and Sirloin (rildo dude) also the tuffle guy who uni 2 has.

- - - Updated - - -

I just think Jiren falls into the cocky jerk catagory in terms of his uni's gimmick.

15+ Year Old Account
    That cockyness must hit him in the face sooner or later.

Am I the only one that thinks Jiren is playing Goku? He found goku "interesting" now is talking shit about him knowing he is there. I think Jiren wants goku to power up so he has a fun fight, just like Goku does.

Also, I think Freeza going to eliminate Vegeta just cause of the whole Cabba deal, then play it off like "Hey, he is helping the OTHER universes." etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Not till see we some Rozie and Sirloin (rildo dude) also the tuffle guy who uni 2 has.

- - - Updated - - -

I just think Jiren falls into the cocky jerk catagory in terms of his uni's gimmick.
    Honestly his arrogance is not completely unwarranted. His power surpasses a god of destruction and seem to reach the level that angels have.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Honestly his arrogance is not completely unwarranted. His power surpasses a god of destruction and seem to reach the level that angels have.
    Not even close, he is far from Angels and we don't even know if he is stronger than all Gods of Destruction, maybe he is only stronger than the weakest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    so when will gogeta come out and play?

Didn't you guys watch the Goku Black arc? Goku and Vegeta are so strong now that fusions last almost no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Not even close, he is far from Angels and we don't even know if he is stronger than all Gods of Destruction, maybe he is only stronger than the weakest ones.

Didn't you guys watch the Goku Black arc? Goku and Vegeta are so strong now that fusions last almost no time.
    and before someone says Vegito is not the same type of fusion as Gogeta

Gotanks went from a 30 min timer to a 5 minute timer just going SS3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    In any other series, I would say you are right. But this is Dragon Ball, its always rule of the strongest.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, I don't see cockiness in him. He doesn't brag or taunt. In fact, he doesn't do much of anything. No real martial art style, no neat energy attacks, its all cut and dry, barebones overpowering. If Goku Ultra and Whis and such get their strength from moving without thinking, I think that Jiren represents the ultimate in muscle control. Pure focus, no one can be a stronger fighter than him without using Ultra Instinct. He HAS to be that quiet and intense, because otherwise it wouldn't work. The only thing on Jiren's mind is fighting, and even then only throwing the exact amount of punches he needs, and only fighting the fighters that his universe might have trouble with.

I think Jiren was designed to be the perfect character to show off Ultra Instinct against, because he is representative of how strong conventional fighting styles could get for anyone. Goku eventually beating him is going to be the introduction to his new abilities, because even though he is a newbie at using Ultra Instinct, once he gets it down Jiren, the ultimate in conventional fighting, isn't going to stand to him for much longer, thus proving the new ULTIMATE POWER of Goku.

- - - Updated - - -

and before someone says Vegito is not the same type of fusion as Gogeta

Gotanks went from a 30 min timer to a 5 minute timer just going SS3
    By that logic, a Blue Gogeta wouldn't last 5 seconds. But thankfully, Dragon Ball doesn't really follow logic all the time. Otherwise Frieza would have burned through all his temporary resurrection time by going Gold, since SS3 Goku burned through a lot of time, and Golden Frieza is roughly Blue levels of power, and much more unstable.

10+ Year Old Account
    In any other series, I would say you are right. But this is Dragon Ball, its always rule of the strongest.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, I don't see cockiness in him. He doesn't brag or taunt. In fact, he doesn't do much of anything. No real martial art style, no neat energy attacks, its all cut and dry, barebones overpowering. If Goku Ultra and Whis and such get their strength from moving without thinking, I think that Jiren represents the ultimate in muscle control. Pure focus, no one can be a stronger fighter than him without using Ultra Instinct. He HAS to be that quiet and intense, because otherwise it wouldn't work. The only thing on Jiren's mind is fighting, and even then only throwing the exact amount of punches he needs, and only fighting the fighters that his universe might have trouble with.

I think Jiren was designed to be the perfect character to show off Ultra Instinct against, because he is representative of how strong conventional fighting styles could get for anyone. Goku eventually beating him is going to be the introduction to his new abilities, because even though he is a newbie at using Ultra Instinct, once he gets it down Jiren, the ultimate in conventional fighting, isn't going to stand to him for much longer, thus proving the new ULTIMATE POWER of Goku.

- - - Updated - - -

By that logic, a Blue Gogeta wouldn't last 5 seconds. But thankfully, Dragon Ball doesn't really follow logic all the time. Otherwise Frieza would have burned through all his temporary resurrection time by going Gold, since SS3 Goku burned through a lot of time, and Golden Frieza is roughly Blue levels of power, and much more unstable.
    But Frieza perfected the golden form so the drain is minimal now which might account for him being able to stay in the living world despite using his golden form.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

I agree, a revitalized UI Goku would be a huge problem for Jirens bruteforce punching style to even tag at all

it will also show that a good grasp of UI can beat a GoD-tier charcter

10+ Year Old Account

Jiren ignoring Goku right near him to go to sleep is way too much PIS/plot shields for my liking

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Jiren ignoring Goku right near him to go to sleep is way too much PIS/plot shields for my liking
    Goku tried to beat Jiren, and couldn't do it. He is now tired and weakened, not worth of Jiren's time.

Jiren doesn't know he exists in a TV show where Goku is the protagonist, so he can't even comprehend that Goku would still gain another asspull power up to beat him.

Goku doesnt need a new power, only to regain his stamina and get into UI, which is viable

Jiren had trouble even landing a hit on UI Goku before it ran out

regardless, you are supposed to eliminate people in this tournament ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

regardless, you are supposed to eliminate people in this tournament ...
    Right, and it wouldn't fit with Jiren or his teammates' characters to let him try and pity an enemy that needs to be eliminated, especially Goku, the 'evil' that brought about the tournament in the first place. Jiren, for whatever reason, NEEDED to stop and meditate.

Jiren, for whatever reason, NEEDED to stop and meditate.
    if so then cool

I hope so

but right now we are supposed to think Jiren just decided to ignore a beaten Goku to go and float with some rocks