The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    During the fight in Metropolis, Zod smashes Superman through 5 buildings. You see the inside of two of them, and they're completely empty. It's logical that if the buildings we're shown were empty, the ones we weren't shown are as well. Also, even the Daily Planet people were evacuating before that point, and they're fucking crazy and would literally try to film the apocalypse if they could. Obviously the World Engine killed people, but there's absolutely no evidence that any innocent people died in the Superman vs Zod fight, which is what the internet is readying their pitch forks over.

Battle of Gods doesn't currently have a release date for English Dub. In fact, it's not even out in Japan on DVD yet, so there aren't even any fan subs on the internet for those of us that don't mind reading.
    SO really, there is no way to prove, or disprove that noone died in the Superman/Zod fight then, We can only make assumptions, Only thing i would argue is if you saw the inside of 2 out of 5 buildings, that's less than half, Plus we only saw a tiny percentage of the inside, so I don't see how it would be safe to assume anything on those statistics:P
    I just want the movie to hurry up and get out on DvD already, need to see it again, Brilliant film, I however am disappointed at the info we have on the sequel Supes deserves his own trilogy without outsiders coming in to steal some limelight:<

And that sucks about the DBZ film
    Last edited by GKLeatherCraft; 2013-08-06 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    Come on Man of Steel wasn't really good... it was okay until they simply started to hit each other into the face for 40 minutes until the movie was over.
    So the combination of Superman and Batman could lead to a better movie because Batman adds more depth and probably a good story to the whole thing. In the end i would prefer a fourth Batman Movie though

With the current technology i would really like to see a good "real" DBZ movie. Too bad they stopped doing DBZ so early while there are still new storys about Superman & co every week.

What i also would like to see with current movie tech is a Star Craft movie... but thats another story

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Come on Man of Steel wasn't really good... it was okay until they simply started to hit each other into the face for 40 minutes until the movie was over.
    So the combination of Superman and Batman could lead to a better movie because Batman adds more depth and probably a good story to the whole thing. In the end i would prefer a fourth Batman Movie though

With the current technology i would really like to see a good "real" DBZ movie. Too bad they stopped doing DBZ so early while there are still new storys about Superman & co every week.

What i also would like to see with current movie tech is a Star Craft movie... but thats another story
    Man of steel was really good, It did oustandingly well at the box office before it had even opened worldwide it was the 2nd highest grossing film this year already, But ofcourse opinions don't always agree with the facts, so I can accept that

I don't think they should do a batman/Superman crossover, But this is really not the correct thread for us to discuss this

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    SO really, there is no way to prove, or disprove that noone died in the Superman/Zod fight then, We can only make assumptions, Only thing i would argue is if you saw the inside of 2 out of 5 buildings, that's less than half, Plus we only saw a tiny percentage of the inside, so I don't see how it would be safe to assume anything on those statistics:P
    I just want the movie to hurry up and get out on DvD already, need to see it again, Brilliant film, I however am disappointed at the info we have on the sequel Supes deserves his own trilogy without outsiders coming in to steal some limelight:<

And that sucks about the DBZ film
    Well, I'm arguing more from a cinematography point of view. As a director, why would you show us the empty insides of several buildings that they smashed into, while secretly having people die off screen in other populated buildings? It literally makes no sense. If Superman killed innocent people there, they'd be showing it, because then the empty buildings would just be misleading, and comparatively, a waste of time.

Also, if Superman isn't wanted for mass murder in the next movie, it's safe to assume that he wasn't directly responsible for the deaths of any innocent people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post

Man of Steel was..amazing..

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    My god frieza actually looks scary in that picture

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    My god frieza actually looks scary in that picture
    other then being a campy alien overlord... he is also an EVIL one so he must be scary

I loved man of steel and battle of Gods. These two are the best super hero action movie I have seen in the summer. But still, I just don't understand why would ppl argue that nobody died in Man of steel. With so many skyscrapers crashing down, thousands of people clearly died in the final battle. Guys.. it's two of the strongest Kryptonian clashing head on with one another. There is just no way that heavily populated metropolis suffered zero collateral damage.

By the way, I have been following Toriyama's latest work, Jaco the Galaxy Patrolman for 4 weeks now... People said that there are plenty of references to DBZ... Can someone explain to me where can I find them? I just can't see any so far...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shixun View Post
    By the way, I have been following Toriyama's latest work, Jaco the Galaxy Patrolman for 4 weeks now... People said that there are plenty of references to DBZ... Can someone explain to me where can I find them? I just can't see any so far...
    Only one I know of is speculation that the alien heading to Earth is kid Goku. Also, one of the buildings had the same dome structure as DBZ houses, but that could just be author style instead of a reference. Also, the human might be a young Gero.

Is there more chapters out other than the first one?
    Last edited by Zoma; 2013-08-07 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Only one I know of is speculation that the alien heading to Earth is kid Goku. Also, one of the buildings had the same dome structure as DBZ houses, but that could just be author style instead of a reference. Also, the human might be a young Gero.

Is there more chapters out other than the first one?
    Yeah, I am currently on Chapter 5. Weekly Jump in Taiwan is like few days later than Japan. BTW, I highly doubt those are references to DBZ. The architect design of buildings and time machine were there in DR. Slump as well....
    Last edited by Shixun; 2013-08-07 at 03:14 PM.

Dragon Ball Z

Randomly found this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIDcPaU9Wyc

No subtitles, but hey I'm sure you know what's going on.

Never knew that Goku was voiced by a woman, brings back memories! Also I didn't know it was so popular in Europe! Look at the amount of people that showed up for that opening in Spain! Holy Cow! Over 9000!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    over 9000!!! XD cake is a lie!

In that Freesia picture Gen i still can't tell if he's a male or female. Hell the only one that looks and sounds male is Cooler

Watching the series on youtube lately =) Haven't seen it before completely, so fun to go back and watch it now. Insane how there powers grow from episode circa 10 (1500 power levels) to 1 million with Freezer at just episode 80 or so. Forgot how that worked out.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shixun View Post
    I loved man of steel and battle of Gods. These two are the best super hero action movie I have seen in the summer. But still, I just don't understand why would ppl argue that nobody died in Man of steel. With so many skyscrapers crashing down, thousands of people clearly died in the final battle. Guys.. it's two of the strongest Kryptonian clashing head on with one another. There is just no way that heavily populated metropolis suffered zero collateral damage.

Of course people died in Metropolis; from the World Engine and the US military firing missiles at everything. By the time Zod and Superman started fighting, the city was pretty much abandoned. Aside from the Daily Planet people, there was no one in the streets. Zod and Superman only crashed into 5 buildings in their fight, (which was like 5-10 minutes long btw, not 40) 2 of which we see the inside of, both of which are empty. The only place that seemed to have people, was the subway station where the final scene took place, which makes sense, since it's underground and is logically one of the safer places.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

15+ Year Old Account

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Hi guys, anyone know who is actually stronger out of king cold and frieza?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailstorm View Post
    Hi guys, anyone know who is actually stronger out of king cold and frieza?
    According to what the Z team felt from their ki, Cold was already stronger and he was only in his second form, while Frieza was in his final, and enhanced by his cybernetic implants. If both were in their fourth (original) forms, Cold would squash Frieza like an insect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.