iPod Touch or Laptop?

The laptop I have now is a piece of crap basically. I had to spend $70 on a new power cord and the battery is fried. The keyboard is failing and its really hard to type on it. I'm just going to trash it, but I can't decide whether to get an iPod Touch or a new laptop. Budget is roughly $350. I really like the idea of being able to take the iPod Touch out wherever I am and get on the internet, and keep it in my pocket, but then it's really awkward to take notes on and do general computer stuff. What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    iPod touch only has internet when you have a connection to wifi.
    Get the laptop

You can't really compare the two of them, since they're used for essentially different things. iPod Touch are nice for being able to get online, watch videos, and play some games, but in my opinion a laptop is much, much more versatile. Also, the iTouch can only connect with a Wifi connection; they don't offer a 3G option for it.

If you want to compare a laptop to anything, compare it to an Android tablet like the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 or another Android tablet. They offer the 3G, but if you have a low budget for buying one then I don't see you being able to afford the monthly charge for using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    You can't really compare the two of them, since they're used for essentially different things. iPod Touch are nice for being able to get online, watch videos, and play some games, but in my opinion a laptop is much, much more versatile. Also, the iTouch can only connect with a Wifi connection; they don't offer a 3G option for it.

If you want to compare a laptop to anything, compare it to an Android tablet like the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 or another Android tablet. They offer the 3G, but if you have a low budget for buying one then I don't see you being able to afford the monthly charge for using it.
    This. It's completely different, if you want to actually take school/university/whatever notes and generally just, you know, computer stuff, you can't get an iPod touch. Which is unfortunate because I have one and I really love it, great for music, great for games, great for browsing random shit on the internet when I'm in the living room, etc; not to mention is extremely light, has decent memory (I have the 16GB one) and looks amazing.