Deleted

Making recount/omen shmexy ? :)

Well Hello there. To start with I just wanna say that Im re-doing my UI (for the 1000th time) and was gonna make this one "the one". Something that always bothered me is the standard look of recount, I have tried to change the color, bar texture etc etc. Im just wondering if there is someone who has any pointers to this, like a skin or just a clever way of making recount "Shmexy" ?

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I set everything transparent(Except for Damage Done, Deaths etc), pick a matching bar texture & font and I'm good to go.

Nothing like convenient information that's clear and matching. If you don't have a theme that carries through your UI it's going to look like it doesn't mesh together, so try to focus on one thing: Minimalism, basic info, design, unique layout etc.

First, get the basic shits. Actions bars. Meters. Minimaps. Damage text. Unit Frames.

From there, add in a COUPLE of things you'd like added that you can make fit. Stick a Titan Panel in there and make it match your unit frame textures & everything else. Get a boss mod and choose a font that carries through every addon etc. Once you have a solid trunk & a few sturdy branches, your roots can dig deep and leaves can grow for as long as you want them too.

From what I've seen, the good UIs are all about consistency in design & function.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I would actually like something like this aswell.

Well for my Recount I have the background completely transparent with the DPS/Healing Bars colored by class using white for the font color. I've also changed the color of the "Dps, Healing, etc" selection text to fit the rest of my UI. I use a font addon called Fontifier to make every text element in the UI consistent. As for Omen it simply sits above Recount with a simple semi transparent black background and only shows when in combat. I suggest just poking around in the Recount options and when you get something you like be sure to lock the window so you don't move it on accident.

I use Skinner to give all of my addons and frames a kind of matte black grey look, it ties the UI together without me having to really do anything.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    I set everything transparent(Except for Damage Done, Deaths etc), pick a matching bar texture & font and I'm good to go.

Nothing like convenient information that's clear and matching. If you don't have a theme that carries through your UI it's going to look like it doesn't mesh together, so try to focus on one thing: Minimalism, basic info, design, unique layout etc.

First, get the basic shits. Actions bars. Meters. Minimaps. Damage text. Unit Frames.

From there, add in a COUPLE of things you'd like added that you can make fit. Stick a Titan Panel in there and make it match your unit frame textures & everything else. Get a boss mod and choose a font that carries through every addon etc. Once you have a solid trunk & a few sturdy branches, your roots can dig deep and leaves can grow for as long as you want them too.

From what I've seen, the good UIs are all about consistency in design & function.
    Thank you, good pointers there. Actually have almost everything down to the way I like it, its just those finishing touches left. Recount beeing one of them. Will try out making it all transparent.

You could also use KGpanels, make your own borders and w/e texture for the top. Like they said have everything but the font and bars transparent and you could make it match anything. Only prob I have is not knowing how to parent it to recount.

It's a shame Recount is such a terrible looking mod.

Visually and performance-wise, I really like TinyDPS. But it doesn't have nearly enough detail for raiders.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Meatballs View Post
    Well Hello there. To start with I just wanna say that Im re-doing my UI (for the 1000th time) and was gonna make this one "the one". Something that always bothered me is the standard look of recount, I have tried to change the color, bar texture etc etc. Im just wondering if there is someone who has any pointers to this, like a skin or just a clever way of making recount "Shmexy" ?

Thank you.
    Well when unifying an UI I really recommend Skada anyway. That way you have Omen & Recount in one window that only shows the currently necessary information and already by default looks much better than both Recount and Omen. Try it out.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

KGPanels is wonderful for creating custom addon boxes.

You can make both omen and recount background/border transparent and then add a kgPanel solid color panel behind it. Then you can switch the font and bar texture to your preference.

Who uses Omen still? You actually need a threat meter after all the tanking changes?

Quote Originally Posted by ashin View Post
    It's a shame Recount is such a terrible looking mod.

Visually and performance-wise, I really like TinyDPS. But it doesn't have nearly enough detail for raiders.
    I use TinyDPS for raiding. I also run the WoL client in the background for all the rest - pretty much makes Recount useless. I trust my WoL over what Recount reports anyway.