Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Auralan View Post
    I love people like this so much. Why? Because every single time I armory them, they've got stuff going on in their character's newsfeed from like less then a day before.

"Obtained Ruthless Gladiator's Cloak of Prowess. 10 hours ago"

Just makes me smile. If you want to make a point, don't exaggerate all the time, anyone who takes the time to verify what you said will be able to see that you're lying.

Anyway, time to lurk more and see who else out there is speaking without thinking. Good entertainment.

Oh, and this man speaks the truth:
    I love people that care enough to verify. my account is active for a long time still, and I don't need to pay for. I didn't play for 12 days or so, finally logged yesterday and did 1 BH.
    If it's playing for you fine. I just don't consider logging every 12 days or so for 30min playing. Owning a game doesn't mean you're playing it.
    Doesn't make my comment any less relevant btw.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    .. and then we've had other legendaries with the Cataclysm tiers that have had these storylines...
    ah yes, remember all those legendaries we've had in Cataclysm?

imho it's a trap

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    I expected a Rogue/Enh Mace/Axe, but this works too. Is it too much to wish for it to be 2.00 speed?
    Yes it is m8.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopard View Post
    Also, we all know that if MoP were an expansion, the Government of the PRC would totally ban it, and I don't think Blizzard is going to risk all the Chinese market by releasing something like this.
    This is factually wrong, Kung Fu Panda was released in China, as was the sequel. And in both movies a Panda got beat up pretty badly before eventually winning.

---------- Post added 2011-09-14 at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taylen View Post
    MoP was trademarked as a COMPUTER SOFTWARE, not as comic or something...
    Mobile iOS or android game, been saying this after I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    I love people that care enough to verify. my account is active for a long time still, and I don't need to pay for. I didn't play for 12 days or so, finally logged yesterday and did 1 BH.
    If it's playing for you fine. I just don't consider logging every 12 days or so for 30min playing. Owning a game doesn't mean you're playing it.
    I only played for 30 minutes, didn't I tell you I don't play?
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

I'm surprised Boub was duped like that. Or did Chaud do the initial post and then Boub did the edits?
    Quote Originally Posted by SobeBauxite View Post
    Last time I met Chris Metzen was at 09 blizzcon, when he walked into the elevator with a bunch of us at the hotel and asked us in Thrall's voice "IS THIS A HORDE ELEVATOR?!" .

Yeah technically as soon as you log into a character, you are playing, and well, basically it says to us that you are full of it.

Deleted
    I hope this wont cost lots of gold as the staff did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Mobile iOS or android game, been saying this after I read it.
    I know it sounds like a possibility but seeing at how specific the MoP (and others) trademark definition is, I would find it very difficult being something for mobiles without saying so in it, plus it includes discs in the definition...

10+ Year Old Account
    The trademark also mentions manuals, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that the original post from the site that conducted the interview has now 404'd is somewhat fishy.
    Couple that with the dubious English from the interview, as well as some of the contradictions from what we've been previously told, and I think what we have here is a bona fide hoax.

Sorry, MMO-Champ; I know you're usually on the ball with this sort of stuff, but I think this will just end up being an embarrassment.

To those saying random raid finder is a bad/useless idea, the point isn't for you to find a raid easier. The point is for half of the game who doesn't raid to queue in their blues and PvP gear, see the content a little, and fail.

As for the interview, it didn't give much information anyway, even if it is real. So it doesn't really matter. Rogue Legendary is whatever, I've never been one to chase one. I mean the quests for them are usually redundant and stupid, collect something for months until you (the decided member of your guild) have enough of x to turn it in and feel superior. They really need to offer a guild-wide legendary if it takes the entire effort of the guild. They need to bring that aspect of less solo play back into WoW, as it may very well just be a single player game at times. It seems more akin to Guild Wars now, with so many instanced-off areas and the solo play that goes on. Kind of a shame. Still fun though when you get to play with friends!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    To those saying random raid finder is a bad/useless idea, the point isn't for you to find a raid easier. The point is for half of the game who doesn't raid to queue in their blues and PvP gear, see the content a little, and fail.
    What you said there in way contradicts the RRF being a bad/useless thing. As described, I think it will be another failed addition to the game with very little usage and almost no effect on player retention.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    What you said there in way contradicts the RRF being a bad/useless thing. As described, I think it will be another failed addition to the game with very little usage and almost no effect on player retention.
    You say 'another'; can you give an example of a current 'failed addition to the game with very little usage'?

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's a way of saying it may be a cool idea, but it will be just like dungeon finder. You'll have some good players queue with alts who are geared enough, and then others who go just meeting the requirement to fail it up. You probably don't realize how many people don't/won't/can't raid. Obviously 25 random player organization is a skeptical concept, as organzied guilds can't do it sometimes...but the truth is we can't really know for sure. If it does turn out useless, then that's just one step closer to finding an efficient way of doing things. That is to say, another thing crossed off the do-not-do list. The ONYL way for Blizzard to do this is trial and error, so where's the harm in trying? You may say "Oh resources could be used elsewhere deveoping the game, etc. etc." But in reality, this is perfectly fine and a chance at success.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    The fact that the original post from the site that conducted the interview has now 404'd is somewhat fishy.
    Couple that with the dubious English from the interview, as well as some of the contradictions from what we've been previously told, and I think what we have here is a bona fide hoax.

Sorry, MMO-Champ; I know you're usually on the ball with this sort of stuff, but I think this will just end up being an embarrassment.
    If the story is fake, that is some damn nice trolling from escapist magazine!

However, if it is a fake, I am actually suprised why there hasn't been some form of comment from Blizzard concerning it, as thread after thread is popping up all over the different Warcraft sites concerning different subjects the article hit on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    If the story is fake, that is some damn nice trolling from escapist magazine!

However, if it is a fake, I am actually suprised why there hasn't been some form of comment from Blizzard concerning it, as thread after thread is popping up all over the different Warcraft sites concerning different subjects the article hit on.
    My entire point is that it's not even a very good troll.
    Like I said; the English is horrendous, the source itself has 404'd, and it contradicts a lot of what Blizzard has said in the past.

Blizzard hasn't even addressed these threads, though. I'd reserve judgement until then. But my gut feeling is 'fake'.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld View Post
    The trademark also mentions manuals, as well.
    and mouse pads which they sell with printed current expansions on it. I'll wait for actual confirmation regarding this legendary dagger before I decide if I'm disappointed or not.

So...a rogue only item....where all the other legendaries are shared between groups of classes. Wow, way to go Blizz.

Playing is playing. Prisoner says to the guard: "I was outside the gate for only 30 mins before getting caught, you can hardly call that escaping..."

In all seriousness, though. I see loads of people (including myself) complain about Blizzard. But uhm, is this fair to them as a company? A company that's not running itself anymore, I might add! Activision sees the subs go down and asks Blizzard to fix it. We've all seen the blue posts on how Blizzard admits that more people have quit over the years then there are still people playing. Often when people quit I see reasons on the forums such as "I don't have time" and "it's to difficult". Trying to lure those players back with a more casual style of play seems like a perfectly viable method to me.

Besides, hardcore players won't see their content being affected with an extra difficulty level. Many cry out that the nerfs come to fast. Now Blizzard makes an entire new difficulty level to prevent nerfs to your precious content, and still there are complaints. What's the deal with you people? Blizzard is trying to give everyone everything they ask for, as far as I can tell. Sure, your prefered content might not be up first, but eventually it'll be there.

Like gear transmogrification. There's been questions about it for years. Type something similar to "cosmetic gear" in the b.net forum search and look at the massive amounts of people who have requested it for so long. They do listen, but you can't expect everything to be there as soon as it's asked for. Chill out and go play something else while you wait for it to be implemented. That's the whole point of a monthy sub game. Don't like it, unsub till you do.