Page 1 of 3
LastLast

4.3 problems with patch 4.3

1. The rogue legendary, I don't really care that it's for rogues when people can argue they have had many legendaries in the past that they could use. But honestly, giving it to 1 class? That to me sounds like its going against ALL design philosophy blizzard has established. Also...the lore behind it, sounds like they really had no idea what to do so they pulled together some half ass story to relate.

2. So has the lore theory that Nozdormu was the infinite leader been finally crushed? It would appear blizzard was slowly hinting at it, and then sorta confirmed with the hourglass quest in wotlk...but now we find out the infinite is being led by some no name dragon we just heard about?

3. The melee buff in the new raid...is that a joke..really? I play a melee and I'm pissed off at it. The fact that blizzard has resorted to giving a raid wide buff to compensate for a flaw in class design is beyond hysterical. Why can't they spend a week more on balancing ranged/casters with melee so that they can be fine tuned as the game goes on, not pushed off to the side for another day.

4. Warlord Zonozz...99.99999% sure thats just a placeholder...but from what we've seen in the past, MOST pictures that come out from the raid in development, that show a boss are final. They wouldn't release a screenshot of a boss model that is a blaring placeholder, theres no reason to show it then. So if they are really reusing Vezax for another boss. shame shame shame.

.1 Epic gem idea is retarded...nuff said.
    .2 New tier only being available through raiding..retarded (Casuals should at least get something, stop being such a bunch of egotistical blaggards and for once not worry about being a special snowflake (IN A VIDEOGAME).
    .3 Overall lore for why we need the demonsoul is kind of illogical...

Sorry for the wall of text guys, I try not to type a lot..but when I'm passionate, I can't help it!

TLDR: Stop being lazy and read what I typed.

2: Go back and re-arrange the letters in the name for the final boss of End-times. You get your answer there.

Whether it was this corrupt timeline that caused it or not will just have to be seen in the future. (See what I did there?)

Point 1 agree

Point 2, remember that kid that appeared in Northrend during the Lich King lore quests in Icecrown. Same thing, the name's an anagram to Nozdormu.

Point 3 Don't really understand it since I don't play melee, but all I've ever heard since Vanilla is melee qqing about having to run out to avoid same boss move and why their dps sux.

Point 4, dunno.

How are epic gems retarded.
    If you don't raid, you don't need tier, nuff said.
    If you bothered to read the novels, DW was obsessed with it, even though being in close proximity to it LITERALLY rips his body apart. I can already see uses for it in the DW fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    about point 1. The questline they described with the black dragon egg actually has been established since azeroth was shattered and the new questing was implemented. If you go to badlands and play out the quests there, there is a big chain about finding a good black dragon to take deathwings place. It's a good questline, and is overshadowed by IMMA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE.

about point 2. This takes some creative thinking to figure out... but I'm sure you can figure out who the ACTUAL leader of the infinite dragonflight is if you examined the name of this random dragon.

about point 3. Melee complains about moving, Blizzard compensates. It's a product of the player base and something they will get around to next expansion, since Blizzard is against major class changes in the middle of expansions..

about point 4. Vezax's model has been used.... 2 time in an instance before this. When compared to many other boss models, that's hardly abusive of his model.

Epic gems are just an additional progression for gearing raiders.
    Raid Finder is a great way for casuals to get raid gear, even if it is of lesser strength. Even trade for tier imo.
    It actually is very logical if you know what the demon soul is and what it can do to deathwing.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2011-09-19 at 08:51 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    1. The rogue legendary, I don't really care that it's for rogues when people can argue they have had many legendaries in the past that they could use. But honestly, giving it to 1 class? That to me sounds like its going against ALL design philosophy blizzard has established. Also...the lore behind it, sounds like they really had no idea what to do so they pulled together some half ass story to relate.

2. So has the lore theory that Nozdormu was the infinite leader been finally crushed? It would appear blizzard was slowly hinting at it, and then sorta confirmed with the hourglass quest in wotlk...but now we find out the infinite is being led by some no name dragon we just heard about?

3. The melee buff in the new raid...is that a joke..really? I play a melee and I'm pissed off at it. The fact that blizzard has resorted to giving a raid wide buff to compensate for a flaw in class design is beyond hysterical. Why can't they spend a week more on balancing ranged/casters with melee so that they can be fine tuned as the game goes on, not pushed off to the side for another day.

4. Warlord Zonozz...99.99999% sure thats just a placeholder...but from what we've seen in the past, MOST pictures that come out from the raid in development, that show a boss are final. They wouldn't release a screenshot of a boss model that is a blaring placeholder, theres no reason to show it then. So if they are really reusing Vezax for another boss. shame shame shame.

.2 New tier only being available through raiding..retarded (Casuals should at least get something, stop being such a bunch of egotistical blaggards and for once not worry about being a special snowflake (IN A VIDEOGAME).

Sorry for the wall of text guys, I try not to type a lot..but when I'm passionate, I can't help it!

You're wrong on point one, Blizzard has they would never make a legendary exclusive to one spec, but not to one class. Otherwise hunters and and rogues would NEVER have any legendaries available. Nor would I say rogues have had "many" legendaries in the past since Thori'dal was a hunter weapon, and Thunderfury was a tanking weapon. Equipable =/= Rogue weapon.

Yup, sure is the worst time to be a casual. You're right about that. I mean with the new easy mode raid and 3 new five man dungeons. Blizzard sure are only catering to the hardcore.

Daaaaaaamn youuuuuuuuuuu blizzaaaaaaaaaaaard. So yeh.... /sarcasm. Being a casual has never been better mate... As for the rest of your points

They're wrong... "nuff said". If you can make bad statements with not just no justification, but an insulting quip... Then so can I.

the tier from just the raid is the best part

Deleted
    Agree on all counts OP

Classic band aid fixing of issues that originated through a series of short sighted and downright bad design choices

I expect nothing less from ghostcrawler at this point

Most of us said the same thing about the Gilnean Horses.

yeah... welcome to World of Warcraft Dev-team #F quality.

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaelyor View Post
    Yup, sure is the worst time to be a casual. You're right about that. I mean with the new easy mode raid and 3 new five man dungeons. Blizzard sure are only catering to the hardcore.

Daaaaaaamn youuuuuuuuuuu blizzaaaaaaaaaaaard. So yeh.... /sarcasm. Being a casual has never been better mate... As for the rest of your points

They're wrong... "nuff said". If you can make bad statements with not just no justification, but an insulting quip... Then so can I.
    First off... we need to see how "Eazy" mode the raid is...

Second... good luck getting in the new 5 man dungeons 2 weeks after they come out. Everybody's going to be running the EZ Raid for loot instead of the Heroic Dungeons.

Yeah... be careful what you wish for... you THINK it's going to be casual-friendly, but be on your guard...

Well first off there will be the easy mode raid, which drops different gear, so that casuals get to see the content. But also normal modes are easy enough to pug a few bosses. If 8 encounters will drop 5 tier peices, there will also be early encounters that drop tier peices. Especially if blizz sticks to nerfing the raid in the middle of the patch (as they will start to do this week), and I'd expect them to stick with it atleast next patch since it's supposed to be the last raid tier before the expansion. Then about half way through the tier almost all of the normal modes become puggable giving "casuals" access to most if not all tier gear.

The only way the change can suck is for people who like to have many of their alts in tier gear as they won't be able to keep up pugging the raid on as many chars as they would be able to keep up doing 5 mans on them. I doubt that for many casuals it will make a difference even if they get it a little later then others.

I wonder though, if there will be no tier for VP. Will there still be tier peices from the new BH boss where you have to be extremely lucky to get a peice? Seems a bit lame to me in that case. They could place other PvE peices instead, such as vp items with a small chance to drop.

Edit: I agree that the way the are introducing epic gems and the bandaid fix for melee only inside the raid are lame though. Posibly the melee buff in the raid is to stop melee from getting too strong in pvp incase they would buff them, in which case i would kind of understand why they can't just fix all the problems behind the big problem in a patch. But it still sucks for the melee that it has to go this way.

In the Thrall book that was recently released, it says that Nozdormu accidentally created the Infinite Dragonflight, therein it would technically not make him the leader of it.

.2 New tier only being available through raiding..retarded (Casuals should at least get something, stop being such a bunch of egotistical blaggards
    for once its actualy nice to get a tier set were you actualy have to put in some effort to get instead of just spamming 5man heroics for.
    the wow players bin so fecking spoiled since wrath when blizzard desided made the tiers avail from varius dungeon currencys.

im a casual raider and i love this change.

thumbs up blizz \o/

@ 1: K

@ 2: You'll see

@ 3: I'm pretty sure this "buff" has NOTHING to do with melee being underpowered, and more to do with how the encounters are going to work. I'm pretty sure the design will be the reason why melee will need the buff.

@ 4. B/C re-hashed boss models don't happen in wow right?

@ .1: Well, "someone" will learn not to stockpile ore for the purpose of price gouging won't they?
    @ .2: You saying that casuals deserve the gear w/o having to raid is the same exact thing as some elitist prick saying casuals shouldn't have access. You need to take a long hard look in a mirror.
    @ .3: Please don't say something is illogical, then give absolutely zero evidence to back up your claim.

Kthxhugsbai

Deleted
    Stop whining and please, just wait until the patch is actually released, nevermind the fact that it hasnt even reached PTR yet. Once it's released you can whine about it all you want if it doesn't meet your expectations.

#1 - Rogues are the least played class, I'm happy we're going to see more rogues. It's not like you weren't told this is what they were doing when they said the 4.3 legendary would have a narrower appeal. It also creates the long-lost Dagger Combat Rogue.

#2 - Don't care about lore, if I want a story I'll read a book.

#3 - You fix it, how would you fix Melee quickly. This is more of a Band-aid while they gather information from their class posts to finalize changes in a larger patch / expansion. You can't just instantly fix something, a change you make in PvE needs to also work in PvP because Blizzard has skills designed for overall usage instead of just splitting skills for PvE and PvP.

#4 - You may not like it, someone else probably does. This game doesn't revolve around you.

I'm not even going to comment on the remaining points in your post because it's not worth the time, you're crying for the sake of crying and I'm simply going to sit back and taste your tears. Also adding the whole "sorry for the wall of text" to something that is less then 25% of my screen made me smirk.
    Last edited by ThewF; 2011-09-19 at 09:31 PM.

LFR will help casuals to get some loot like old dungeon sets

at point 3. and you will be even more angry when you find out your dps sucks even more because of the encounter(we don't even know yet)
    what if 50% of the fight is ranged based. and when he lands/melee can do someting you really need to hurt him. its only for the dw raid not every raid/dungeon out there

1. I agree, a weapon for only 1 class should be epic. A la Benediction and hunter bow.
    2. Did you really not catch the anagram? I thought it was blindingly obvious
    3. Agree, it feels like a cop out. However, in a raid with what seems like a lot of fights against flying targets, it DOES make some sense. Though at this point in a range dominated expansion, it feels like a cheap band aid fix.
    4. They are both faceless ones, and generals at that.

1. People seemed to like the TBC model, so they are bringing it back
    2. Why do casuals need raid worthy gear if they don't raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    Stop whining and please, just wait until the patch is actually released, nevermind the fact that it hasnt even reached PTR yet. Once it's released you can whine about it all you want if it doesn't meet your expectations.
    amen to that

So you were expecting every single boss in the final raid to have unique models? Why? It's not like any of the previous final raids of an expansion had 100% unique models for all their bosses.

ICC: Valithria encounter had nothing new, Sindragosa was the same frostwyrms we saw flying around the whole expansion, Blood Princes were unchanged from their original appearances, Saurfang was a PC model that didn't even get unique armor, and lol loot boat. Hell, Putricide was an undead PC model that transformed into yet another reskin of the ancient dire troll model.
    Sunwell: Entropius was a common shade with "wings" tacked on and Felmyst was Sapphiron's model, plus the dreadlord in the Kalecgos encounter was a stock model.
    Naxx: The only original models here were Gluth, Grobbulus, Thaddius, the Horsemen (which were just PC models in special armor glued to a horse), Sapphiron and KT himself.

I could go on.

The more people bitch about reused models the more I'm convinced they haven't really been paying attention.