Page 1 of 3
LastLast

A job is a dam job!

Post about jobs in the main section and really.a job is a dam job no matter if its workin for microsoft making 70 billion a year or workin at McDonalds making min wage...seriously id rather have a min wage job than no job at all

End mini rant have a nice day =)

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree that having a job is better than no job but there are some jobs that are just bad.

If anyone tells you to work in an industrial paint factory say NO!

Deleted
    nah some work is just not worth doing, sad but true, if you think you could better spend your time learning skills to get a better job - some time £5 just isnt worth the work

well if you get paid for it potfur than by all means lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'll agree that having a job is better than no job but there are some jobs that are just bad.

If anyone tells you to work in an industrial paint factory say NO!
    Personally I'm about to start working at a job I don't want. It pays about half of what I'm capable of earning. But guess what? It's a job, and they want to hire me. So at least until a job opens up in my field, I'm taking that pay cut and taking that job.

Worst job: cleaning at a power plant. I had to stand on oil/grease covered 12" diameter cold water pipes, 40ish ft. above the concrete floor, powerwashing the pipes around me and the one I was on. Standing on a narrow, round, oily/wet pipe 4 stories above the ground. Not again, thanks.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Deleted
    Well, maybe only if you don't live in Northern Europe :P There are so many jobs that are worse than having no job, especially if you're qualified to do a high pay grade white collar job.

i just really hate people that bash on other people that work at fast food...specially if the idiot himself doesnt even have a job

10+ Year Old Account
    Shutdown jobs at plants or Asbestos Removal is probably the only jobs I'd live on, 1.5k a week after taxes for Asbestos Removal and 3k a week before taxes for shutdown plant jobs. Loving the area I'm living in for Australia at the moment. Dropped out at 10th year of High School too, I find University is overrated and more of a thing to show you paid x amount of money for your studying. But on topic, I'd take any job as long as I'm surviving on it's wages. 7 to 5 job or 9 to 5 job, it's all good for me, I'll take it.

Personally I have no issue with people working at Fast Food chains, simply because they have responsibilities just as other people do in other jobs. For me I don't think I'd be good for Fast Food jobs as I have speech issues, which is why I don't really like Fast Food jobs myself.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-09-14 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusgeorge View Post
    i just really hate people that bash on other people that work at fast food...specially if the idiot himself doesnt even have a job
    Try not to take offense, it's mostly just ignorance.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Well, maybe only if you don't live in Northern Europe :P There are so many jobs that are worse than having no job, especially if you're qualified to do a high pay grade white collar job.
    Oh how I agree... xP
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potfur View Post
    What about a brojob?

I feel the differ. I would never let myself work at Mcdonalds. I just know I'm ment to do something more. If McDonalds is okey for some people, it's fine for them and I don't look down on them or anything. I just want a well paid job and to work with something I like (that's why I study @ Uni atm).

Deleted
    My way of looking at life is only high paying job that requires high qualification and education. And if you can't get that job now then go get the education and then the qualification.

Obviously not everyone thinks this way so to answer to any job vs. no job I would say any job is better than none. When you don't work (and/or study) you just rot.

I've met a revolting hipster who mocked me for being a newspaper deliverer for 3 years, and he has no job at all. He has the same shit mentality you're describing, he thinks he's too good for 'low class' jobs. I hate these people. Without people performing 'low class' jobs, rich people wouldn't have all their luxuries. There would be no Mcdonalds. No Newspaper on your front lawn. No one picking up your garbage. Yeah, Pisses me off too.

Agree it is quite sickening in UK the amount of snobbery there is about jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    I feel the differ. I would never let myself work at Mcdonalds. I just know I'm ment to do something more. If McDonalds is okey for some people, it's fine for them and I don't look down on them or anything. I just want a well paid job and to work with something I like (that's why I study @ Uni atm).
    That's well and good, but many, many people don't study something that will lead to a good job. Once you're in the workforce, you learn that education is a SMALL part of what gets you hired, and a smaller part of getting ahead once you're hired.

Not saying education is bad, just that a good education does not guarantee a good job.

I have much more respect for someone that will work at McDonald's to pay the bills rather than take a handout from the government.

$70,000,000,000 a year?! I need to get a job at Microsoft...

In all seriousness, I'll agree that a shitty job is better than no job at all, to a point. There are some jobs that I would never, ever want to have.

If you're unemployed then, yes, a job is a job. Better to have a job than to collect unemployment or to be a worthless POS.

If, however, you have a job... then, no, a job is not a job. There are jobs that I would never consider getting that would probably pay more than my current job. I enjoy my current job enough that I wouldn't take something that was more annoying just because it paid better.

So, yeah, if you're a person fresh out of college expecting to get a job in your chosen field... lol, yeah right, go get a shit job and work your way up/wait for an opening.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Shutdown jobs at plants or Asbestos Removal is probably the only jobs I'd live on, 1.5k a week after taxes for Asbestos Removal and 3k a week before taxes for shutdown plant jobs.
    You do realize the reason you're being paid that amount? It's compensation for what will eventually (more likely than not) turn into a life threatening condition. It's the same reason nuclear security companies have such an exuberant payout.