Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    8th grade, my uncle said if I could fix it, I could keep it. An Acer something-or-other, 166MHz, had a phone on the side. Windows 98. I played with Paint a lot and downloaded lots of images to play with off of Rareware's website, heh (I really liked Donkey Kong Country). Could barely run Diablo II for some reason, but I played Heroes of Might and Magic III most of the time anyway.
    Arguing on the internet is like...

Well, I believe it was 1987 when I helped my dad put together our first home computer. I was 7 at the time. That was the family computer and I was entrusted with upgrading it every couple of years (my dad was an IT guy). I didn't actually have my own computer until 1998, mostly because I didn't need my own computer. Hell, we didn't even have internet until like 1995 so I was only on the computer for a few games that I enjoyed and the rest of the time I was on my NES or SNES.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not really own my own computer when I was younger but I do remember playing some games on them scarcely (what the hell happened), most notably Chex Quest. I came into possesion of my own computer when I was around 14-15 and started playing WoW alot of the time. The first computer I owned was an Acer, then I got a Dell from my younger cousin who had it taken away. Now I am using the monitor from the Dell and using only the case from the Acer with all new and up to date parts.

Deleted
    I got a ZX81 for my 6th or 7th birthday. I bought it second hand from the boyfriend of a cousin...we used to play AD&D with him, so it was natural when he brought the computer 'round to show us.

When he first set it up the whole family gathered around it in awe - nobody had seen anything like it before. Quite a few of the games were more socially orientated, or so it seemed...my folks, brother, sister and myself used to game together once or twice a week. Seems a little odd...especially when you consider how gaming can be perceived as a loners hobby these days.

It was the second computer, the spectrum, that caused the problems...I bought my dad a chess game for it and we never saw him (or the damn computer) again hahahha.

think i was 5 years old was so happy

10+ Year Old Account
    I first got my own computer at 18.
    I've used a computer for as long as I can remember however.

Deleted
    I was 6 years old ,and it was 1984 so i was Rocking out with my Commodore 64 , used to take 45 mins to load a game on the tape deck.The high pitched Screeching as it loaded , u could hear it 2 streets away. God i miss those days .Dizzy egg ,where did u goto........ Traded up a few years later to my Amiga 500 , got introduced to Monkey Island , Sensible Soccer and who can forget Cannon Fodder !

I rocked out hard playing Star Control 2 on my 386.

It was a Vic-20 when I was 11 or 12. 3k of usable ram and a cassette drive, those were the days!

18. But of course that was 33 years ago LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coogles View Post
    It was a Vic-20 when I was 11 or 12. 3k of usable ram and a cassette drive, those were the days!
    I see you are at least as old as I lol

For me it was a ZX Spectrum 16K, to load a game on it you needed a cassette player, I was 12 when I got it, but one of the best days of my life was when I got a Commodore 64 with a Floppy Drive with a game called "Pirates!" by Sid Meyers I spent literally all my free time in the summer playing the god damn game and got my first time "Grounded" due to it, my mother "Grounded" me into not touching the computer for a month so I would go to the beach with her , it was a valuable lesson.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

Deleted
    Man.. that's hard to remember actually. I believe I got my first when I was like 8 years old. 300 Mhz pentium something, with like 512 or maybe even 256 MB RAM. It ran either windows 97 or ME, can't remember really. Oh boy I remember those IDE cables lol.

I built my first one on my 16th.

mmm.. I think it was 1986-ish and the first game was Kings Quest 3....ahh the memories

oh and I was 7, lol
    Last edited by ungar; 2011-09-14 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    That'd be when I was 14, got my first Mac Still going strong.

Probably like 4 or 5 maybe (1991/92). I wasn't allowed to touch it. lol My parents bought a new computer a few years later that I WAS allowed to touch. I fell in love. Mid 90s, ftw.

Deleted
    My family had 2 computers, but i only got one for my own (a laptop) when i got 14

When I was younger around, eight or nine, I had gotten a hand me down computer from my step dad, an it did it's job wasn't half bad for what I was doing back then. I had stuck with that computer until I was about, sixteen then bought my friends computer for $200 to play wow cuz my old one wouldn't cut it, much to my surprise, his computer couldn't play WoW either without some more upgrades, but I could play WC3 with real settings and not lag at all so I did that untill around BC was released an capped the computer out 1G of RAM (lol).
    When I turned 21 I made an Asus that's still holdin up very well.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

first in the family, 6 or 7 when my parents got the commodore 64, first that was mine NES if it counts around 11 years old when it came out. first that i purchased and owned myself, 21 or so when i was working and could afford to buy myself a computer.

14 years old. I think I was in 7th/8th grade. My Leading Edge Pentium 1 60MHZ

Deleted
    I was about 6-ish (I'm 15 now) ...Some game called Baileys Book House and Colour Magic