Deleted

Diablo 3 + PC related question

Hey guys i want to build a new PC and i was wondering if the parts below will fit
    Mobo:Gigabyte Z68P-DS3
    CPU:i5 2500k
    PSU:Salvaging my 400W psu
    HDD:Salvaging my 2 HDDs
    GPU:sapphire 3650HD(Salvaged)
    Ram: Corsair 4GB DDR3-1333 Ram X 2 (totaling 8 giga)

Now i want this PC mainly for diablo/league of legends/upcoming games
    Now the tricky questions are will this work together ? is a GTX 460 for 140 euro worth it? Is there a way to make my PC use both CPU integrated GPU and my HD 3650?What FPS shall i except at what resolution/quality and what Overclock can i manage on my i5 2500k with this mobo thanks in advance!

Deleted
    You want to replace that graphics card for a better one, or you will have quite a few issues I would imagine. You probably need a new PSU aswell, depending on which GPU you decide on.

Overclock depends on your cooler for the most part, and how good your chip is. (how much voltage it needs for overclock, it's never the same for all chips)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    You want to replace that graphics card for a better one, or you will have quite a few issues I would imagine. You probably need a new PSU aswell, depending on which GPU you decide on.

Overclock depends on your cooler for the most part, and how good your chip is. (how much voltage it needs for overclock, it's never the same for all chips)
    So i have to take into consideration the luck factor im not planning to do some insane OC i want to push it at 4 Ghz for start on stock if possible and im rly thinking of getting GTX 460

Ill answer each of your questions individually:

1. On looking at the parts yes they shouldall work together fine.

2. Yes the gtx460 is worth about that new, however there are second hand cards such as the ati 5870 which will be cheaper second hand and give more power. It all depends how much you want to spend.

3.There is a way however, I would not recommend it as integrated gpus are usually not very good. However, as your salvaged card is a fairly low end one running on older d3x technology, your integrated gpu may be better than it.

4. The resolution will depend on the resolutions which your monitor will allow.

5. Currently with the parts you have you will be playing diablo 3 likely with all options on low with one or two possibly on medium.

6. Most i5 2500k chips will overclock to at least 4-4.2 ghz easily on any board however make sure you know what you are doing before you overclock anything.

I would recommend getting a new psu however, as with your new cpu and if you get a newer gpu 400w will be a little bit too low, your better off looking at getting a 600w psu with 80+ efficiency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lsmf5 View Post
    Ill answer each of your questions individually:

1. On looking at the parts yes they shouldall work together fine.

2. Yes the gtx460 is worth about that new, however there are second hand cards such as the ati 5870 which will be cheaper second hand and give more power. It all depends how much you want to spend.

3.There is a way however, I would not recommend it as integrated gpus are usually not very good. However, as your salvaged card is a fairly low end one running on older d3x technology, your integrated gpu may be better than it.

4. The resolution will depend on the resolutions which your monitor will allow.

5. Currently with the parts you have you will be playing diablo 3 likely with all options on low with one or two possibly on medium.

6. Most i5 2500k chips will overclock to at least 4-4.2 ghz easily on any board however make sure you know what you are doing before you overclock anything.

I would recommend getting a new psu however, as with your new cpu and if you get a newer gpu 400w will be a little bit too low, your better off looking at getting a 600w psu with 80+ efficiency.
    Ah okay currently im running 1280x1080 res i think diablo 3 is more CPU that GPU dependant like all blizz games i think i might be able to push it on medium or high for example in WoW with this GPU + Pentium 4 when im not raiding i can handle high easily

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proshitmon View Post
    Ah okay currently im running 1280x1080 res i think diablo 3 is more CPU that GPU dependant like all blizz games i think i might be able to push it on medium or high for example in WoW with this GPU + Pentium 4 when im not raiding i can handle high easily
    That's not necessarily true. Diablo 3 is a new game with a new engine, which means it might be more GPU intensive. I'm not sure if that's the case though.

Deleted
    Ah okay i hope i get some love from blizzard and i manage to get into the beta :P

Deleted
    Go with a new graphics card. a 500W CPU. It's cheaper if you buy a kit of RAM instead of 2 seperate and you can cut down to a P67 motherboard to save some money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Go with a new graphics card. a 500W CPU. It's cheaper if you buy a kit of RAM instead of 2 seperate and you can cut down to a P67 motherboard to save some money.
    actually the p67s are the same price as the z68 here ( i live in Greece)