Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Also i am raeg now!

but seriously, get over it, not like its gonna break your game is it? and if it is, why are you still playing

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, if you pay millions of dollars for WoW you are definitely doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    If you could post some examples that would be great.

Make sure that they are properly rigged and animated on every player model in game before posting them.
    Newsflash: WoW's not the only game out there. Two choices: Google or stay narrowminded. I know which one I'd choose.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Thank you for proving my point. Personally i love the t13 mage set, i don't know why people hate it. It's brilliant! Perhaps it's me because i've always been jizzed by steampunk+magic.
    What point? You don't have a point.

The T13 Mage set looks like it was created 10 years ago by someone who's never played WoW before.

Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    And are build with the same limitations in terms of polygon count and texture size. Oh wait, few games do that because moar graffix=everything.
    Because cutting down on polygons and downsizing textures is hard. Oh wait............
    Last edited by mmocad8be81406; 2011-09-16 at 11:29 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by 0oglitcho0 View Post

Millions of dollars and they are still ripping off their own models like this.
    This is what bad eye sight gets you........

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    I don't think that designer's salaries are in the million dollars order...more like thousands of dollars...so you should correct the title

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    The T13 Mage set looks like it was created 10 years ago by someone who's never played WoW before.
    Wait, now I am confused. The set was created 10 years ago by someone who has never played WoW and it also copied a previous set? That's some witchcraft right there.

ive noticed this for a long time, they just take old models and stretch and bend them in different variations and recolor it

Newsflash: WoW's not the only game out there. Two choices: Google or stay narrowminded. I know which one I'd choose.
    Newsflash: Wow isn't other games. If you are complaining that it doesn't have lensflares and HDR out the ass and is not designed for high spec computers, you are doing it wrong.
    It is designed not to be graphically intensive in order to be available to a much wider audience. It's not going to look like Farcry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

Because cutting down on polygons and downsizing textures is hard. Oh wait............
    Then it shouldn't take you long to create some better examples and post them here, will it?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If you want to see "ripping off" see the new druid armor and notice how the texture is entirely based on rogue t10 and the helm is pretty much the rogue t10 helm with the 'eye' cut out.
    Oh, so i'm not the only one who saw that! Both of them look really different though and i don't mind.

disconnect your internet and never use it again please OP.
    Last edited by Tehgypsy; 2011-09-16 at 11:35 AM. Reason: missed OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    oh now 2 mage sets have hoods! blizzard must just be lazy . . . . . .
    Seriously?
    These sets only have base similarities which you would expect, theres only so many ways to change the armor. Next you'll be saying its being ripped off BECAUSE THE GLOVES HAVE FINGERS!!!!
    Thats not even a Mage set.... just saying

15+ Year Old Account
    Suck it up mages. Your class always been developers petclass with tons of attention since Vanilla. In return warlocks get all the cool looking sets while mages get some cartoon tier. Justice!

On topic, OP is so pedantic with the base hood polygons that I bet he use a tube when he pees. Just to make sure it hit in the center of the waterpool in the toilet.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljon View Post
    Where is this ripping off at in the picture?
    What he mean't was blizzard being lazy using templates from other tier sets to start new sets... which is lazy and blizzard fails, but thats why i quit

If you spend your day making a new hood and downsize it (why you just don't make it in the correct level of detail is beyond me but ok) rather than just use one that is already there, you're not a very efficient employee. I assume the section of the hood that has been copypasted is fairly similar on the concept drawing so why go out of your way to make it different just for the sake of difference? It's not like the headpiece as a whole is similar. With the low level of detail WoW works with, it's the CONCEPT that matter, not how many polygons you can squeeze in a detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    oh now 2 mage sets have hoods! blizzard must just be lazy . . . . . .
    Seriously?
    These sets only have base similarities which you would expect, theres only so many ways to change the armor. Next you'll be saying its being ripped off BECAUSE THE GLOVES HAVE FINGERS!!!!
    The first one is a warlock set...

Deleted
    Why did you even bother making this topic?

Deleted
    Sooo, just using the same hood outline while giving two different completely graphic feature and feeling is ripping off now.
    interesting should call immediately the Oxford to update the definition on the dictinoary.

Stop complaining a hood is a hood, why have to do a completely different model when there's already one that it is perfect for the job, I still not understand why people cling to such insignificant detail especially when as a whole the tier looks completely different and this time quite original from my PoV. Sometimes it seems like that it is not that people are not satisfied is simply that they do not want to be.

Deleted
    Blizzard quote :
    We build our player armor from a number of base templates, which means the concepts need to conform to predetermined shapes. However, shoulder pads and helmets are uniquely modeled for each set and that gives us great opportunities to create eye-catching silhouettes. In this instance, the sweeping horn shapes ensure a powerfully brutal-looking set for warriors.

If you are still not happy, stop playing.

What you should be more concerned about is how they ripped off the rainbow bridge to Ganon's Castle from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time with the bridge to Major Domo and Rag in Firelands. Also, compare Sheik from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time to the Mage Kirin Tor (tier 8) set. Yeah, that's what I thought, Blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    It's not the issue of Blizzard using the base mesh, or even the textures or what not... but that there is indeed numerous similarities between the sets -- something we'd never see during Classic or TBC.
    I'm baffled every time I hear someone say this. Has everyone forgotten about the armor sets from AQ40 and Sunwell?
    Last edited by Lance Omikron; 2011-09-16 at 12:02 PM.