Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    World of Warcraft has never been known for its diverse usage of models. Never.
    Yet people continue to get up-in-arms the moment anything is noticeably reused.
    We're whalers on the moon,
    We carry a harpoon,
    But there ain't no whales
    So we tell tall tales
    And sing our whaling tune

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"
    You missed the top hats, monocles and fancy canes.

Not to mention, you notice they have not done that since. They have made a different set of armor for each class. Guess what? Blizzard is a company ran by humans and sometimes humans make mistakes. At least Blizzard is smart enough to learn from past miss steps and take in feedback and try to use it to improve the game.

I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"
    They don't really need to do it again right now, it'd be too soon. I'm not saying they were awesome, I'm just saying that complaining about armor classes being the same is the wrong problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    You missed the top hats, monocles and fancy canes.
    As they ride around on the backs of saber tooth tigers playing polo with diamond the size of softballs in place of the ball, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    If you want to see "ripping off" see the new druid armor and notice how the texture is entirely based on rogue t10 and the helm is pretty much the rogue t10 helm with the 'eye' cut out.
    What drug are you on? Rogue t10 is a closed hood, like a bag on your head. The druid t13 is just a hood :c

Quote Originally Posted by Poxxy View Post
    World of Warcraft has never been known for its diverse usage of models. Never.
    Yet people continue to get up-in-arms the moment anything is noticeably reused.
    Well WoW cant afford to be diverse anyways. When you have to make whole new content within a matter of months there is no time at all to create and test a BUNCH of unique models other than a the occasional unique boss here and there, new mount, and etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    What drug are you on? Rogue t10 is a closed hood, like a bag on your head. The druid t13 is just a hood :c
    Yeah the only similarity I can see is that they both are made out of leather and have think stitching that runs left-right on the top.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Take away the spikes and look at both of them again. Its basically the shading + stitch pattern.

Well, I guess you're right about T13 druid having a couple of stitches.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

15+ Year Old Account
    As they ride around on the backs of saber tooth tigers playing polo with diamond the size of softballs in place of the ball, right?
    I was going to say they ride Flamingos, but that works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Well WoW cant afford to be diverse anyways. When you have to make whole new content within a matter of months there is no time at all to create and test a BUNCH of unique models other than a the occasional unique boss here and there, new mount, and etc.
    I feel like that's hardly the case. Maybe with their current employees it would be a stretch but it certainly wouldn't be to higher 10 more people. We all know that blizard has been raking in the cash for the past several years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I do feel like Blizzard could do more but in this case the OP is being ridiculous.

I have heard of people looking for reasons to bitch.... but come on. I PRAY they use the base geometry of T2 Pally armor for T13!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    god i hope your a troll. because if your not u are a sad sad sad lil man if you get all worked up over something as infinitesimal as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Some people will complain about anything.
    More funny to see is people will defend Blizzard over anything
    I dont really care if they use same models but indeed on the other hand a company like blizzard im not sure why its needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post

Well, I guess you're right about T13 druid having a couple of stitches.
    Now imagine if they had similar coloring schemes! Oh the craziness of it all!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    gloves are a warlock recolour too

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    I feel like that's hardly the case. Maybe with their current employees it would be a stretch but it certainly wouldn't be to higher 10 more people. We all know that blizard has been raking in the cash for the past several years.
    Why do people still believe that throwing more money and people is always a good thing? Have you not paid attention to US Politics at all in your life?

It takes time to train those people in how the game's engine works, train them in what styles to use, what standards to model around, acceptable themes for everything, and then we have to get them educated on the lore, then we have to somehow fit them into the team that's already working on it, which means we've got more people to get and keep on the same page, and that's not even counting trying to find out each person's strengths and weaknesses. It could take months to a year to really get the new guys integrated, and then we're still likely to see some schizophrenic designs due to the much larger number of people with different ideas and takes on how things should look.

wtf does "infinitesimal" even mean?!?

thesaurus.com is for the homeworks, not the forums...

fucking cry more
    god ppl bitch about fucking everything in this game.
    if you its so bad why the fuck do you even play?!

if you are a troll if give u 10/10 then

Quote Originally Posted by xhizor View Post
    More funny to see is people will defend Blizzard over anything
    I dont really care if they use same models but indeed on the other hand a company like blizzard im not sure why its needed.
    OMFG another painting comprised of small dots that form a larger picture when viewed from afar, WTF IMPRESSIONISTS

This is basically what the OP's complaint is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxidys View Post
    wtf does "infinitesimal" even mean?!?

thesaurus.com is for the homeworks, not the forums...
    You must be boring to speak with.
    Last edited by Imadraenei; 2011-09-16 at 05:03 AM.