Deleted

Unhappy Heroic Rag and KillingSpree.

After enduring Raggy p4 as a combat rogue can someone please advise me on how our 31st talent comes in use at all. A few flaws I have found with KS and Im sure all of you have done this at least once, KS in p1 teleports you away from your location and into the lava / hammer (yeah that was fun)
    KS in the transition phase and clip an add in the lava then go for a swim, then the best of em all, KS in p4, ports you OUT OF RANGE of rag, how does that even work??? If that’s not bad enough, after you kite the meatball into the patch KS tells you “Out of range”

TLR = Is there some trick to get Killing Spree to work in p4 on rag?

Deleted
    Be careful <3

No but seriously, I never KS on Rag unless I have CoS and Sprint up to GTFO OUT OF LAVA if I do land in it, also I always use KS when the two bigger Elementals are up, and when the Sons of Flame are close enough to avoid me going for a picnic in the lava.

Just.. be careful >:<

I've yet to see it work properly in P4 on anything not even the trapped meteors.

Deleted
    I just dont understand how and why KS ports you away from ragg in p4 and why it dont work on meteors :/

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    After enduring Raggy p4 as a combat rogue can someone please advise me on how our 31st talent comes in use at all. A few flaws I have found with KS and Im sure all of you have done this at least once, KS in p1 teleports you away from your location and into the lava / hammer (yeah that was fun)
    KS in the transition phase and clip an add in the lava then go for a swim, then the best of em all, KS in p4, ports you OUT OF RANGE of rag, how does that even work??? If that’s not bad enough, after you kite the meatball into the patch KS tells you “Out of range”

TLR = Is there some trick to get Killing Spree to work in p4 on rag?
    KSing in Phase 1 is not difficult if you pay attention. Its pretty predictable where your going to teleport to when you KS. Its also predictable to know when a hammer/lava wave is going to spawn, and if you need to hold up on it. Its just about paying attention and taking a look.

For transition, unless your trying to pad the meter with a bf/ks, you really shouldn't use/need to KS during transition. Its more about being organized with stuns and push backs. You want to save KS for p2, where your dps racing so you can say get 3 groups of seeds rather then 4, and in p3, your racing to get to phase 4 with 2 meteors up rather then 4.

Deleted
    I see no problem at all with Killing Spree in p1. You end up at the same spot every time - all you have to do is look at the raid cooldowns for Ragnaros' hammer/lava wave so you don't "accidently" get hit by his abilities.

In terms of using KS in the transition phases, I don't see the point. It's too risky, and you are probably assigned to dps one or two adds down below 50%, making it fairly unviable to use since you wanna focus one add at a time with either dps or cc (and not jump around).

In my opinion you should use it in p1 and p3 mostly. Use it in conjunction with Deep Insight to get the most benefit.

Deleted
    I have no problem using it in p1-3 its just have NO USE what so ever in p4.

P1, fine you get ported and you know were, (It does suck when your in deep insight and KS is ready and the hammer + fire patch is right there
    Sons of flame, you can KS before the add is up to gain a few hits before anyone.
    P2, no issues
    p3 pretty much the same as p1.
    P4, might as well ignore the spell, you wont ever get to use it. Even if you did, you wouldnt do any damage what so ever.

So my question again, has anyone found away to use it in p4?

My guess would be that Blizzard has changed the Killing Spree positions for the whole Ragnaros encounter, not only P1-3. Since you always get ported to the same 3 positions (left/middle/right) in P1-3, depending on where you're standing, the same will count for P4 even if Ragnaros isn't in that area anymore.
    Last edited by Ashvael; 2011-09-15 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    My guess would be that Blizzard has changed the Killing Spree positions for the whole Ragnaros encounter, not only P4. Since you always get ported to the same 3 positions (left/middle/right) in P1-3, depending on where you're standing, the same will count for P4 even if Ragnaros isn't in that area anymore.
    That's a good point actually. Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    So my question again, has anyone found away to use it in p4?
    Well its gonna be weird to use in p4 I think no matter what. Rag's hit box is really really big now after 4.2.2. I have only tried to KS in phase 4 a the start of the phase, cause I am a sweeper, and it has ported me to the front center of the circle and I have pretty much been killed by a meteor a majority of the time.

In phase 4, you more then likely should be the sweeper. If not, your not gonna wanna JS anyways cause it will remove you from the breath of frost or put you far from it.

Deleted
    Well my ideal use would be when the meteor is frozen, stand on it and pop KS... only to be told "Out of range" o.O

and sadly, my guild favors mages (for blink) and a hunter for the mob up job :/

I don't mind being the Deluge for p4, but I feel gimped doing it compared to a Mage/Druid. Blink and cat form are just incredible compared to a Sprint every 60seconds.

And yes, KS is the nut fucking low in p4.