Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your walkin down the street when you see a wad of money on the ground...

and it turned out to be 3,000 bucks would you A) Leave it B) Take it and run like a mofo and dont tell anyone! C) turn it in to the local police station

15+ Year Old Account
    Turn half of it in to the local police. Tell them to contact you if they find the person who claims it. My theory behind this is if a) they're corrupt they will keep the money, in which case you both "benefit" because you still have some, b) the person who claims it contacts you and you give them the rest, or c) they give it back like normal in which case you have the whole sum again.

Basically protects yourself against corruption. I live in a fairly nice place with better-than-average police so I'd probably turn in the whole thing..
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Turn it in. 3,000 is a lot of money and someone could be missing them.
    There was something in the news some months ago about a girl who turned in some money she had found. They belonged to an old woman, who was a bit senile and for some reason had left them. Now that is nice

I like llDemonll's answer, so I'll go with that: Turn in half and request for the claimant to contact me.

take it tell no one..sucks you lost it.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    B of course, as in take it and brag about finding it and not turning it in later to friends:P

10+ Year Old Account
    take it because money is tight and if someone dropped their 3k, it's their fault for losing that much to begin with.(seriously, that's like something you'd have like stapled to your forehead) Unless, of course, I find out that the money belonged to a friend.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Take it, only a fool would lose that much to begin with.

Deleted
    Take it and spend it on a new roof.

Money means little to me, but it means something to society. I would more than likely keep it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would take it. My mom's apartment is in dire need of renovating.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I always get nostalgic feels from listening to the elywnn music. I could hear the crickets and the moon was out, just running through elwynn down to goldshire. So beautiful. I was checking out the tavern, loved the music. Then a night elf asked me to suck his cock for 15s.

15+ Year Old Account
    Take it, go to a club, then make it rain. I'll make trickle-down economics work yet!

but seriously..I have no guilt in me if i just saw that laying around. things in my house that need to be repaired..hmm... the shower, the celing of my dining room has a hole in it...my windows in atleast 3 rooms need replacing. my backdoor is only being secured by my homes alarm system at night now that the dog is dead...my front lawn has a hole in it that somehow that area has collapsed. im always in ned of a better working computer. my bookshelf is slighly collapsing. 2 beds need new sheets its winter soon and ill need a new coat and new boots...so...3k$ wont cover everything? but it will help me out alot.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

I would return it. Who knows, maybe its owner could become a good friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    im conflicted

on the one side i somehow know i would simply keep it to buy a huge dent in my loooong list of movies, books and music i want and save the rest for a long vacation next year ...

but as i live in a rather civilized country and have at least a small amount of honourable concience i would give it to the police.
    1) most people dont even go to the police if they lose money because noone is so honest and gives away free money if they find it
    2) if someone comes and claims the money you have the right on a reward (10% i think)
    3) if noone comes (most likely) then the money is rightfully yours

so you can have both ... a clear concience AND the money

when it comes to money im a bad guy id keep it.
    Signature by Eruionmel!

Buy a spot on a billboard that says "I've found $3000 dollars on the street and this is what I spent it on." That way the person who lost it will know that he doesn't need to look for his money anymore. But to answer the question I'd most likely keep it.

Take it and invest in wallets with chains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Money means little to me, but it means something to society. I would more than likely keep it.
    I don't know about you, but money also helps you get food D: I like food.

I'd take that 3000 dollars and stop eating at Taco Bell every day! Maybe get some real food finally!

I'm poor =D

I would take it to the police and ask them to finger print a few of the bills, assuming they're $100 bills and tell them I found it, and after they found out who the real owner is, I would contact said person my self because I don't trust the government, they would probably keep it.