Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    From the header:
    Received: from xtinmta04-26.exacttarget.com (xtinmta04-26.exacttarget.com. [207.250.68.26])
    by mx.google.com with ESMTP id a13si1399491ybi.60.2011.09.16.13.00.45;
    Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:00:45 -0700 (PDT)
    Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of bounce-2465060_HTML-803209068-134868...xacttarget.com designates 207.250.68.26 as permitted sender) client-ip=207.250.68.26;

I'm not overly paranoid but I believe this is a scam? I'll wait and see what else comes of it before I do anything.

Deleted
    It should have been less than £10

I recall passing on this magazine due to its over-priced-ness. When will product makers learn higher prices in bad economy = sorry wow magaizne being canceled?

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I was debating with myself on whether or not I wanted to subscribe, they apparently had an awful lot of lore rolled up in those magazines and I didn't wanna miss more than I already had... Guess I won't have to worry about that now...
    you could have gotten the information from other sources without wasting (theoretical) money.

i don't understand how people can potentially waste so much money on the lolore that warcraft has become. if it was on par with the quality of warcraft 3 then i could understand it 100%, but not with the abomination it has become
    Quote Originally Posted by hayashiko
    Yeah, right. Kotick & co. is going to milk that goose until it's six foot under.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem was that Blizzard introduced them in an age where magazines and newspapers both are losing out more and more to online sources of information. Why pay $40 or more a year buying magazines every month when you could just browse a news site catering to your flavor?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

well, why would they create a magazine when we have social networks and communities of fans that are free?. Articles and promos can be easily and freely controlled with posts and web updates.
    proud participant of the most epic thread ever: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...an-made/page36

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    That's not possible, this magazine wasn't sold in stores, and they knew exactly how many people had a subscription - so they only needed to print exactly the # of issues that needed to be mailed out.
    Not if they expected more subscribers between each issue

Deleted
    Would be funny if all of these emails were scams

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicient View Post
    This email was in my spam box, I'm not sure if this is a hoax or not.
    same, but it's not a hoax. it's the sad truth

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicient View Post
    From the header:
    Received: from xtinmta04-26.exacttarget.com (xtinmta04-26.exacttarget.com. [207.250.68.26])
    by mx.google.com with ESMTP id a13si1399491ybi.60.2011.09.16.13.00.45;
    Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:00:45 -0700 (PDT)
    Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of bounce-2465060_HTML-803209068-134868...xacttarget.com designates 207.250.68.26 as permitted sender) client-ip=207.250.68.26;

I'm not overly paranoid but I believe this is a scam? I'll wait and see what else comes of it before I do anything.
    Nah, this is the official website: http://worldofwarcraftthemagazine.com/ which shows it got cancelled.

Deleted
    Besides every lore info in the magazine got leaked here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, shame. It had some interesting tidbits.

It's not a scam.

You can go to http://worldofwarcraftthemagazine.com/

and see for yourself.
    GM of Predestined - http://www.predestinedguild.com

Yea, despite the nasty looking headers this does appear to be legit. Quite sad.

Deleted
    Well, they could now focus more on delivering the info and the lore on their site.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    That's not possible, this magazine wasn't sold in stores, and they knew exactly how many people had a subscription - so they only needed to print exactly the # of issues that needed to be mailed out.
    it's very possible it's very possible it was costing more to print less making it so they weren't turning a profit from it
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Personally I see this as a victory against corporate greed

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks, I really liked the magazines. Sure they were quite over priced, but they were very well produced magazines (As in the physical properties of it) ,and the content in the magazine was very good too. They we're overpriced though, for a quarterly publication.

May have been better if it was a general blizzard magazine instead of just WoW. There would be enough content always going on to create a magazine of it, and it could be published more often. Maybe 6 issues a year (1 every 2 months) as I think one every month would be a little too much.

Shame they've cancelled it though. Always looked forward to seeing my issue just inside my door. Not sure whether I'll claim the pets or get a refund, don't own any of the pets which are worth £60 to me (Well, 54 :P) or I could get the £22.5 back from the magazines. Not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Check me out on youtube! Playthroughs of Diablo 3, Minecraft and many other games with daily content!

I believe the magazine has been having issues ever since it was first released. Each issue has had many, many delays.. Lots of shipping related issues as well.

The website/customer service for them has been down for a while now. I've been trying for months to contact them about changing my shipping address and no response. I never received #5 and I'm sure it was sent to my old address. :/ Their customer support, quite frankly, sucks.

The pets are a nice gesture, but considering I already have all of them on my account I'm going to have to pass and go for an actual refund. Its a shame, I enjoyed the magazine too. I ended up renewing my subscription while at Blizzcon last year, but it looks like I should have just saved my $40 since I never got them anyway. Oh well.
    (I wish they'd give out some gametime codes instead of pets!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Personally I see this as a victory against corporate greed
    Actually, it's nothing more than evolution. Paper Magazines are dying, it's the age of tablets and digital books.