Thread: RAGE thread

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

RAGE thread

So, who else is looking forward to this game? Reminds me alot of borderlands, but i dont think it's gonna be so RPGish with all the upgrades. they do say there are side quests and the such.

"exclusive co-op modes" i really hope this is good.

It looks meh, imo. It just looks like it'd feel too generic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    It looks meh, imo. It just looks like it'd feel too generic.
    Generic compared to what. The only recent games it looks like are Borderlands and Fallout:New Vegas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good. Have not done much research but hope they are focusing more on single player/co-op more then a versus mode for it(not even sure if the game has one but I am guessing it does) Got no problem with versus modes as long as the rest of the game doesn't lack polish in favor of it.

I do remember reading a while back though that the driving segments in Rage were supposedly based off of Mario Kart.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Generic compared to what. The only recent games it looks like are Borderlands and Fallout:New Vegas.
    When I watched the gameplay preview, it looked like COD with a borderlands theme. Very linear, typical handling, etc.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rage has been in development for like 4 years now, and looks far from generic in terms of the game design. The graphics look a little plain but I think the art style was used to create a mood and environmental setting. Kind of like Metro: 2033 uses a very simplistic colour pallet to convey it's dark story and gives it an appropriate mood.

15+ Year Old Account
    I noticed quite a few things that look like they were just taken from borderlands, the vehicles look very similar too. Either way i like the look of it none the less and i think i'll give it a try!

Deleted
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Post constructively. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-09-18 at 05:57 PM.

I think it looks fun. Not entirely original but it has some interesting aspects to it that I want to try out. I really like the Borderlands style, so it's nice to see another game similar to it in that aspect. It's a good setting. So while I'm not terribly excited for it, I'll probably still buy it. Looks worth the buy to me. =)

It's made by ID, that pretty much sold me.

ID is my favorite game company.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    When I watched the gameplay preview, it looked like COD with a borderlands theme. Very linear, typical handling, etc.
    how is it linear when its an open world.. kk.

name 3 fps games which havent looked generic in the past 3 years...

And here I though one could come and rage over different stuff that bothers them! :<

Well, supose I have to try to be a bit on-topic, game looks nice. I guess. Havn't seen anything about it yet.

Deleted
    back on topic... looks good. been playing magicka and TF2 while i wait for this.. (not like that have anything in common though lol)

This one is on the back burner for me. Graphically it looks wonderful but I just have trouble getting into apocalyptic world games. They become to washed out in the same scenery (again this is just me) and I lose interest. There are quite a few games keeping me busy right now and quite a few more in the on deck circle so I'll just leave Rage alone and perhaps pick it up one day, if and when it goes on sale.

It looks pretty decent. Like a twist of doom and fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    And here I though one could come and rage over different stuff that bothers them! :<

Well, supose I have to try to be a bit on-topic, game looks nice. I guess. Havn't seen anything about it yet.
    I already tried that earlier this summer. Mods shut it down and classified it as a "spam thread" after 14 pages.

Not I.

I was really looking forward to this at E3, but lately it it's starting to look just like any other shooter. Very linear.

there are very few game developers/designers I still trust.
    and john mccarmack ist defintely one of them, this guy is a legend, I even loved doom3, a very misundestood game sadly and because of its reception rage will probably not be so unconventional, buts its gonna be an amazing fps, no doubt there

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Carmack has taken far too much heat over the last few years about iD's lack of game releases. What with Quake 4 and Doom 3 being their most recent big titles, and to be honest I hope that RAGE is a good enough game to make a franchise out of, but they really messed up a lot with Doom 3 and there were far too many issues with that graphics engine along with poor gameplay. I hope they revitalize both those franchises but I think in order for Doom to return to glory, it needs to have that open ended level feel that Doom 2: Hell on Earth had, bringing back that cult classic feel would really reboot the franchise. I have high hopes for RAGE to do well as it looks good, if it gets better reception then Doom 3 did, to me it will be a success.