Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Why are people recommending only 2nd and 3rd Gears of War ? The first one is awesome too not only for getting to know the story...

Thank you Serendia!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usurper View Post
    Mass Effect 1,2 are both excellent games. Also be sure to get the Gears of War trilogy!
    yea i agree Gears of War and Mass Effect are 2 really good games to start out with. Also some others to look into if you only have one console, are Brutal Legend, Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion, if your a Ghostbusters fan then definitely get Ghostbusters the video game, the Halo series, Viking, Crackdown, Enslaved Odyssey to the West, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption, Batman Arkham Asylum, and Dead Space. There's a lot more but i cant think of anymore at the moment. Those aren't exclusive to the Xbox 360 or anything except for for Halo, Gears of War and Mass Effect (the first Mass Effect at least) just thought i would give you some more ideas of what to get.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2011-09-17 at 02:24 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Gears of War 3 comes out on Tuesday. Get it, you won't regret it. Btw, whenever you're riding an elevator in Darksiders, don't move or pan the camera at all while it's moving. You will save yourself about 20 hours of frustration.

---------- Post added 2011-09-17 at 09:59 PM ----------

Why are people recommending only 2nd and 3rd Gears of War ? The first one is awesome too not only for getting to know the story...
    Oh, and this. Get Gears 1 and 2, learn the story, then love Gears 3.

I know referring back to Yahtzee is not exactly "good form' now and then, since you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt, but the one thing he complains about that I can completely agree with would be this "new" standard for fps games of brown covered shit on everything with outlandishly (and frankly awful to look at) character models with chest high walls everywhere to butt hump until your eyes bleed.

I only picked up GoW because I found it for $10 and quickly found myself more bored with it then not because there was zero online community anymore for it, and the game over all was rather repetitive and drab. It's another example of how the new Halo age really only brings quality based off constantly online community play or the option for Co-op which is only really found if you can find someone who hasn't already gotten bored to shit of a title from 5 years ago yet.

Long story short, don't invest in FPS titles these days for "story"as they are all seemingly cut from the same block of tofu, and if you're honestly looking for getting into a market, there is nothing worse then purchasing a title only to find that everything "interesting" and "fun" with it, left long ago with the changing of the guard.

And if that doesn't make enough sense.... picture it like joining a modern MMO 6 months after launch. Graveyards aren't fun.

Well if he wants to buy it for the multi community then hes gonna have it in GoW 3. First one is an old game yes so saying dont buy it cause the online is dead is a bit silly.

Thank you Serendia!

Quote Originally Posted by amiolas View Post
    So I finally bit the bullet and bought a xbox 360, so I could play some games that I really wanted to that were pretty much outside the range of consoles that I already had. Those games are:

Darksiders, Soul Calibur 4, and Bioshock 2.

Now the main thing I'm wondering is what can I play after I beat these games. What would you all recommend? And please don't recommend anything like call of duty, (Xyanide set me straight, thank you). Any other FPS game is fine, but not those.

I have been thinking about getting Mass Effect 1 and 2, but before I get those I would like some input from other people first. So please, if you could list the games that you genuinely enjoyed on the xbox 360, it would be appreciated.
    Play the Halo games, exluding ODST and Reach. So get Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3. The story mode is absolutely amazing

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
    Play the Halo games, exluding ODST and Reach. So get Halo, Halo 2, and Halo 3. The story mode is absolutely amazing
    As much as i fucking hate reach the story mode was decent. Though i have read the book first so the destruction of the preestablished cannon left a bad taste in my mouth.

Barely touch my xbox but kinect is fairly fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    You know Modern Warfare IS Call of Duty right... Also, since you want Xbox games, get Halo.
    This. Gears, Halo, Portal, Borderlands.... but most now you can get off Steam... GET NETFLIX!

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. You can play Xbox on windows 8. Also xbox live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

I'll avoid things you can easily get on the PC. Most of these people have already said, but I'll reiterate:

Gears of War 1 and 2 - just in time for Gears of War 3 to come out.
    Alan Wake - Not just a good game, but an Xbox 360 exclusive thriller.
    Castle Crashers - An xbox live side scrolling 4 player beat em up - classic!
    Castlevania Lord of Shadow - closest thing to God of War on the 360.
    Red Dead Redemption - still no PC release! Why Rockstar!

If you need to get a Halo game, personally I'd wait for Halo Anniversary.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Halo, Witcher 2, Tekken 6, GTA IV, Fable 2 and 3, ALAN WAKE.

Forgot about Alan Wake. It's a great game and it's very cheap. You should be able to find it for $10-$15 somewhere. It's like an interactive book. I loved it.

Gears 3 in 2 days, that's all you need until Skyrim is released

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    A refund? (Sorry couldn't resist)
    I don't own one but my friend keeps going on about how awesome Assassin's Creed is, so I guess you could try that.
    Actually, assasin's creed is one of the most boring, least innovative and most repetitive games i've played in the last 10 years, part 2 was even worse imho.

Deleted
    I'd go for
    Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.
    Red Dead Redemption
    Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
    Assassins's Creed 1 + 2 + Brotherhood.
    Dead Island
    Deus Ex
    Blur
    Mafia II
    L.A. Noire
    Portal 2
    Halo: REACH
    Fable II
    New Vegas

... Pretty much it, though I'll memorize a 100 more in just a minute.